Goonstation Forums
Changeling Critter Ideas - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Changeling Critter Ideas (/showthread.php?tid=11906)

Pages: 1 2

Changeling Critter Ideas - TheMaskedMan2 - 04-03-2019

Figured it wouldn't hurt to have more critters that thematically make sense for Changeling, so we can have a suggestion based on them. If anyone else has any ideas feel free to add them below.

New Critters

Heartslug
"Jimmy Jones' heart bursts out of their chest and worms away!"
A relatively slow critter that occasionally splurts out a bit of blood behind them. They have an ability to spray boiling hot blood at someone, somewhat like the Blood Boil explosion ability but directed and more like a spit.

Buttspider
"Sarah Mandrew's butt grows legs and walks away! What?"
It's a butt with spider legs, it farts on people to knock them down. It also smells bad.

Existing Critter Changes

Headspider
This should be playable, when you die, you are given control of the Headspider, and have a single ability. "Detach". It lets you choose when to hop off of your body and run away, once like that you have one other ability. "Infect", which just lets you try and run and grab someone as per usual.

Handspider
DNA points gathered via "gnaw" should be able to be returned to the host Changeling without killing yourself.

Eyespider
People marked with the eye should be able to be seen by the Changeling right away instead of forcing the eye to return.

Note: I'm trying to work on Sprites for these but I am an absolutely horrid spriter so don't count on it.

RE: Changeling Critter Ideas - Frank_Stein - 04-03-2019

I think handspiders should have a claw and tendril variation.

The tendril could hold people in place, while the claw could be a beefier version of the normal handspiders, inflicting bleeding damage

Some other general ideas
  • A critter that's built to retrieve items
  • A critter that can deliver weaker stings
  • A critter that can disguise itself as other small things

RE: Changeling Critter Ideas - Berrik - 04-03-2019

I approve of adding things for every organ, along with a panic button that ejects all the organs from your body along with your headspider, along with a huge cloud of blood smoke to obscure your escape.

RE: Changeling Critter Ideas - TheMaskedMan2 - 04-03-2019

I could definitely see a blood mist sort of thing that blinds people around you, perhaps when horror form goes down. So huge explosion of blood and limb critters.

RE: Changeling Critter Ideas - Kira - 04-04-2019

A bit beyond the scope of this but I think it would be neat if limbs could “grapple” people to try to replace their existing limb, and basically parasitize the host and like, hands can make them punch themselves, legs can make them trip, and eyeballs can blind.

Oh and for critters what about like, being able to spit two out at once since you have two legs/arms after all

RE: Changeling Critter Ideas - Recusor - 04-04-2019

(04-03-2019, 07:36 PM)Berrik Wrote: I approve of adding things for every organ, along with a panic button that ejects all the organs from your body along with your headspider, along with a huge cloud of blood smoke to obscure your escape.

hahaha oh man this is a great idea! It would reward having many active people in your hivemind, maybe with a DNA cost per organ? and with the blood smoke might make headspider work better. What a terrifying sight to behold too

RE: Changeling Critter Ideas - Superlagg - 04-06-2019

Maybe also the ability for ling critters to merge with each other, like a handspider grafting itself to a legspider to make a handylegspider that can kick but also grab.

Get a full set of organspiders to merge, and you'll end up with your very own disgusting flesh golem. Each limb is fully autonomous with their own abilities and cooldowns, able to wreck the heck out of people if everyone can work together. Plus it counts as a valid target for headspiders, though the new body would be kinda jacked up and need regeneration to be fully effective and disguisable.

Also the limbspiders could have the option to go into stealth mode, disguising themselves as just a severed body part. Hide in a pile of gibs, or hope someone attaches you to them and take over as their new limb. Attached to some unsuspecting person, you can take control of that body part at will, though when you do it'll become obvious to them that their limb is actually a limbspider.

RE: Changeling Critter Ideas - Wisecrack34 - 04-06-2019

This is very cool, like a meaty mechazord

RE: Changeling Critter Ideas - Frank_Stein - 04-06-2019

I really like the idea of them disguised as regular limbs and eyes. You could easily do a sprite swap for that.

RE: Changeling Critter Ideas - Berrik - 04-06-2019

The idea of a legworm lurking in robotics maintenance waiting for a roboticist to cut off someone's leg so it can rush in and attach itself amuses me a lot.

RE: Changeling Critter Ideas - Wisecrack34 - 04-06-2019

Only to get thrown in the cloning recycler

RE: Changeling Critter Ideas - Joefesok - 04-06-2019

I fucking love the idea of a changeling literally exploding into various critter body parts

also a lungcritter which propels itself via bursts of air and does a small amount of brute every time it hits someone

RE: Changeling Critter Ideas - Nnystyxx - 04-07-2019

Anything that moves the changeling further from 'kinda a weird vampire' and more into 'horrific Thing monster' is A+ in my book.

RE: Changeling Critter Ideas - amaranthineApocalypse - 04-07-2019

Slightly off-topic, but come on guys. We've already got three x-spider changeling critters. Can't we think of better names for these?

How about Heartworms, or Buttcrabs or something along those lines!

RE: Changeling Critter Ideas - Frank_Stein - 04-07-2019

Lungs would be neat. They could inflate like balloons and cause big gib explosions when they blood boil