Goonstation Forums
Mentor Application: MrMagolor - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Server Appeals (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Applications (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Approved Applications (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: Mentor Application: MrMagolor (/showthread.php?tid=11807)

Pages: 1 2

Mentor Application: MrMagolor - MrMagolor - 03-24-2019

Usual Character Name: Heruld Heruld/Harold Harold, PhD
BYOND Username: MrMagolor
Recommended by (if applicable): fosstarreagan, Flaborized
Times Available: (assuming this means times to answer mhelps) 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM EST

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):
I've been playing Space Station 13 for a little over a year. During that time, I have learned much; due to the valiant efforts of the mentors. It's rather remarkable that my F3 key has held up so well.

I want to be the same sort of person, that helps other people as much as others have helped me in the past. Pay it forward, you know? There's just a certain warm feeling you get in your heart, when you know that you've helped make someone happier. If there's ever someone that's new to the department I'm playing ingame, I do my darndest to help them learn, though it is admittedly a bit hard with mining, given Heruld's swedish accent. Regardless, there's nothing that quite compares to teaching someone something, and then later seeing them teach that same thing to someone else. It's regrettable that the name escapes me, but I still remember being new to ss13, and a nice person teaching me how to mine on Cogmap 2. Thanks, person. Boy, I sure am aspiring to a lot if my example of a good teacher is someone that I can't even remember the name of, huh?

I know that I used to get pretty grumpy and/or salty. But believe me, I have been trying to get better, and while this may sound a bit egoistic, I daresay that I have. I want to hope that other people have seen this change in me, but it's understandable if they still don't trust me. I can tell you, though, that given how I enjoy helping people, I don't think I would be able to be grumpy to them; even if they are rude to me, or if I'm in a bad mood IRL, I'd have the common courtesy to just not respond (aka defer to another mentor).

Oh yeah, I should probably actually mention my game experience. I am familiar with almost every department, including pathology and a limited extent of mechanics/packets, however, I am not very knowledgeable in toxins/engine setup yet, I'm sure I will become more experienced in that from eavesdropping on other mentors, though. Also, I'm one of the few genetics mains, and I try my best to increase other people's opinions of the department, because I know that said opinion has been (justifiably) driven very heavily into the negative in the past. I can only hope that someday that the "always bomb genetics" meme will fade away into the past like poo, though that's probably just wishful thinking at best.

And I mean, I've been sitting on this application draft for a couple of months. It's just that recently, given the flood of new players, I figured that new mentors are important, to be able to guide these people away from the realm of lighting welding tanks on fire accidentally and blowing themselves up, to lighting them on fire deliberately and blowing other people up.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):

Never banned ingame, was banned from forums once for a week.

RE: Mentor Application: MrMagolor - NateTheSquid - 03-24-2019

yes purple

RE: Mentor Application: MrMagolor - Triacontakai - 03-24-2019

Knows his stuff and I can definitely see that he's worked on improving his attitude from months past.
Would be a great mentor!

RE: Mentor Application: MrMagolor - robertGN - 03-24-2019

Attitude has changed, Magolor is very knowledgeable, and administration keeps stealing all of our great mentors so we need to replace them.

Yes

RE: Mentor Application: MrMagolor - Adhara In Space - 03-24-2019

i used to not like magalor but theyve put genuine effort into being nicer to be around and less rude. they know their stuff and seem like they wanna help people learn +1 from me

RE: Mentor Application: MrMagolor - Kovirii - 03-24-2019

Magolor is fun player and huge space nerd, who I would definitely trust with the purple.

RE: Mentor Application: MrMagolor - fosstar - 03-24-2019

Good guy, give purple.

RE: Mentor Application: MrMagolor - Wisecrack34 - 03-25-2019

Kinda thought they were a Mentor already, purple is he please

RE: Mentor Application: MrMagolor - Recusor - 03-25-2019

Between the forums and in game Ive seen that Magolor has alot of passion for the game, and over the last couple of months some behaviour that rubbed me the wrong way have definitely been polished. Yes from me, he's a great resource for the community and could definitely help new players!

RE: Mentor Application: MrMagolor - Avack - 03-25-2019

He absolutely knows he stuff and from all I've seen he's a proper goodun these days, so I say yes.

RE: Mentor Application: MrMagolor - OMJ - 03-25-2019

yes they’ll be a good mentor

RE: Mentor Application: MrMagolor - warcrimes - 03-26-2019

You seem to have the right intention and the right direction.
+1

RE: Mentor Application: MrMagolor - Sov - 03-26-2019

My first experience with Harold Harold, PhD was certainly a negative one. If I recall correctly you were playing the RD and I was scientist practicing telesci. I don’t remember all the details but we got into an argument over the teleporter which I was already using and you ended up either flashing me or beating me up or something. You then stole my ID card, tossed me into the hall, and from that point on I generally just considered you to be an ass.

That was a good amount amount of time ago. Since then I think you’ve become a far more agreeable player, and also one that I see very active in discord.

MrMagolor certainly knows his stuff and has grown to be a recognizable character on the space station. I believe he has what is nessacary to help aid our new players grow into knowledgeable regulars.

RE: Mentor Application: MrMagolor - Sord213 - 03-26-2019

A knowledgeable player, would make a good mentor.
+1

RE: Mentor Application: MrMagolor - New525 - 03-26-2019

Absolutely