Goonstation Forums
Change the way the autoborger works very slightly - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Change the way the autoborger works very slightly (/showthread.php?tid=11546)

Change the way the autoborger works very slightly - Flaborized - 02-06-2019

The cyborg conversion chamber is a traitor item that roboticists can buy that converts people into cyborgs. This is all well and good but the way that it converts people has an issue. It works by damaging the occupant to a certain point (I believe it gets you into crit) and when this point is reached you pop out as a borg. The damage it does is actually not that fast and a robusttec implant fully negates it. This means that if you have an implant and you're put in the autoborger, you just won't get borged and you'll sit in the chamber until someone pops you out or you suicide.

It should either be just a flat timer or the damage it does should ramp up as someone is in it to circumvent this issue. Currently borging time is highly inconsistent because someone who's put in at full health will take several minutes but someone in crit will be literally instantly converted, and I dunno if this is intentional or not. I'm pretty sure the robusttec thing isn't though.

RE: Change the way the autoborger works very slightly - LuigiThirty - 02-06-2019

This seems more like a bug with the interaction between the implant and the borg chamber.

RE: Change the way the autoborger works very slightly - kyle2143 - 02-06-2019

(02-06-2019, 03:27 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: This seems more like a bug with the interaction between the implant and the borg chamber.

I don't know if I'd say that. There are other ways you could outheal that damage but they're probably slightly more rare or require slightly more effort than the implant. 

But the autoborger definitely should either give up after a certain amount of time or scale damage over time to be a garuanteed kill.

RE: Change the way the autoborger works very slightly - Frank_Stein - 02-06-2019

What if the machine started replacing the occupants body parts with borg parts? The final step is total conversion, which occurs regardless on whether you were alive or dead

RE: Change the way the autoborger works very slightly - aft2001 - 02-07-2019

Well, the borger could also just sever your head after like 15-30 seconds, spit out your decapitated body, then after a few more moments extract your brain, spit out your empty head, then finally borg you. If the process is interrupted before borging, your head or brain will be spat out if you've been decapitated.

Roboticists would have to be careful about microbombs, too, since you would be dying.

RE: Change the way the autoborger works very slightly - Recusor - 02-11-2019

(02-07-2019, 04:31 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Well, the borger could also just sever your head after like 15-30 seconds, spit out your decapitated body, then after a few more moments extract your brain, spit out your empty head, then finally borg you. If the process is interrupted before borging, your head or brain will be spat out if you've been decapitated.

Roboticists would have to be careful about microbombs, too, since you would be dying.

I think this is my favourite process of those mentioned

RE: Change the way the autoborger works very slightly - Superlagg - 02-11-2019

I think it should be almost instant if you just stick in a brain.

RE: Change the way the autoborger works very slightly - aft2001 - 02-12-2019

I like that, too. It should be able to borg heads and brains, yeah.