Goonstation Forums
Forum Game: The Point Giving AI - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Forum Game: The Point Giving AI (/showthread.php?tid=11289)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum Game: The Point Giving AI - Technature - 11-15-2018

More strange forum games are always a good idea.

Here's an idea.  Say there's an AI whose purpose is to give points.  Every turn, the AI gives points to everyone registered.

That's it.  That's the idea!  So how do you win?  Well...

0.Register first!  How?  Post in the thread.  It doesn't have to say anything in particular, just so that I know you're here.  Orders will be ignored on registration, so just get ready.

1.Everyone has a goal.  You might need the most points, or the least points.  Maybe you need to be within a certain place in terms of points, or you need someone else to.  You might work together with someone, or you might hate someone so much you want them dead last.  The catch?  Only you know what your goal is.  And of course, multiple people can win.  Your goals are the only thing in the game that can't be tampered with.

2.Players may choose to do several things.

2.1.Upload a law.  Essentially change how the AI works.  It can be anything like who points are distributed to, or even taken away from.  Also, don't tell anyone, but the AI might have control over things other than points.  Get creative.  No more than 5 uploads a turn though, and anything too similar will be discarded.  Laws can't affect anything that doesn't exist at the time, so trying to work with something that only exists ahead of time won't work.

2.2.Delete a law.  Remove a law from the game.  No more than 3 deletions.

2.3.Change a law.  The details of a particular law will be changed.  This is a delicate process and can only be done once a turn.
*Law notes:If your law wouldn't work because it doesn't make sense, you can take a different action instead.  Make sure to leave a second back-up action for if the law doesn't go through.  If your law is too similar to someone else's though, you wasted your turn.  Tough luck.

2.4.Give: If you feel generous, you can give any number of your points to someone.

2.5.Gamble: Try to increase your points.  Divide your points by 2, and then multiply them by a random number between 1 and 3.

2.6.Spend: Spend points on the shop.  The shop changes their items every turn, and the items can have different effects.  Items do a variety of things, so pay attention to their description.
*Note:The shop needs time to set up.  Come back after 5 turns have passed.

2.7.Change: Is your goal terrible?  Or is it just horrifyingly unlikely that you'll accomplish it?  Re-roll for a different goal then and hope the next one isn't shit.  This option is unavailable til turn 6, and can only be used once every 5 turns.

2.8:Honk: This does nothing.  Why would you even consider this?

3.The AI always has the following laws.  These laws cannot under any circumstance be changed, though anything not bolded can be affected by other laws.

Law 1:The game ends in 30 turns.  Any law that would change this into ending the game within 3 turns time are to be deleted before they affect the game.  Furthermore, any laws that would reveal player goals en masse are to be deleted before they affect the game.

Law 2:All players that register are to be considered human for a minimum of 1 turn.  Laws that break this are to be deleted before they affect the game.

law 3:All humans gain 1 point every turn. Non-humans gain no points this way.
*note:I remembered to bold all of that point system law, right?  Ah, I probably did.  No point in checking now.

Extra laws will be shown every new post, to show when a new turn begins.

Finally, the first turn technically doesn't happen.  A "Turn 0" Effectively.  This is for registration purposes.
We ready then?

Turn:29/30

Extra Laws:
4.The clown vault gains 10 points each turn for every clown that exists.

5.The Clown Vault funds may be used by the Clown King to buy upgrades that will effect all clowns. The prices and upgrades will be determined by the Point Machine (Technature). Any player may take an action to attempt to rob the Clown Vault of all its points. This Action has a 1/3 chance of succeeding and failure will result in them missing their next turn.
*note:Clown Vault upgrades will be under the shop and will be added to each turn. Unlike the shop, the clown upgrades will never be cycled out.

6.Points earned from the "Give" command are actually three times their original value.

7.All honks previous to December 3 2018 are to be disregarded for clown identification purposes and any previous honkers are no longer clowns. Anytime someone honks, they have a 1 in 5 chance to become a cluwne (cluwne's are non-human). Otherwise, they are a clown. New clowns receive 500 points, the KOTC recieves 250 points, and the clown vault receives 100 points.

8.The ai gives each non-human player a random number of points, between 10 and 1000

9.Every 3 rounds (starting the round this takes effect) there will be a blind auction to become King of the Clowns(Or KOTC for short) with the results taking effect the next round. Any Non-human may participate in this auction and bid using their points. The KOTC will always win ties in this bid with any further ties being broken randomly. The KOTC will always count as being Non-human. All points that are spent in the auction will not be returned to the bidders and will instead be put into the Clown Vault

Law specific rule: Free action, if you've been reading this far you know what to do. Non-humans only, as always.

10.Clowns cannot honk themselves into cluwnes.

11.Superlaggs points triple at the start of every round.

12.The person in the lead on the scoreboard receives two thousand points.

13. Divide WiseCrack34's points by -3 once all calculations are done.

14.When someone spends points on an item, there's a 50% chance everyone earns the points spent.

15.The alphabet is now defined as "stuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqr". This does not affect the spelling of words. Who the hell knows what this is supposed to do.

16.John Warcrimes has the sum of all points and cannot be called by name

17.All points lost to law 13 are given to new525.

18.Anytime someones points would multiply, they instead gain points equal to the multiplying number.

19.Players gain 500-1000 points for their honks, with it being higher for extravagant honks.

20.New525 also gains any points gained from multiplying points.

21.All calculations are actually 10k points.

22.NateTheSquids point total is given to every player, including NateTheSquid. No points are lost from this.

23.Any law containing a player's name is to replace said player's name with a random name.

24.It's the Point Machine's birthday. As a free action, everyone can send the point machine a present. Whoever sends the best item will be given a bonus decided by the pointmachine as a party favor. This law will effect every round.

25.New525 points must be at a minimum of 700000 points. If they drop below this total for any reason, readjust their points to 700000. This law takes precedence over all others in the event of a conflict.

26.Players are ordered on the point total list in alphabetical order.

27.A random player's points are tripled.

28.Lists are in descending order...?

29.Speaking french makes you a mime for one turn. Mimes are known to not speak, and therefore any attempts to take your turn will be ignored.

30.Player names in laws are to be restored to the state they were in on turn 25. This law takes 100 percent precedence over law 23.

31.The player point list goes to the bottom of the post, above the point calculation spoiler.

Players:
robertGN:2,075,186
Recusor:3,718,389+
pizzatiger:11,163,817
New525 (Horatio D Jiggles):231,369,746 (Pen:Use:Edit a law without consuming the edit law requirement., BulletProof Vest:Automatically prevents an item from affecting you.)
NateTheSquid:8,173 (Coffee:Use:Gain two actions this turn excluding this one, Pickpocket Gun:Steal and use an item, BulletProof Vest: Automatically cancels an items affect, Stun Baton:Cancel a persons turn. Gain any illegal items they may have.)
John Warcrimes:4,571,947+
Internet Dweller:10,881,9990
WraithCraft (Ada O'Hara):3,727,954
Wisecrack34=8,235,774
Superlagg:51,418,358
*=Non-human
+=Cluwn
Clown Vault:1861.1

For my sanity, I'm leaving this guide to point calculations.
1.Superlagg gets 3 points.
2.All humans get 1 point.
3.The clown vault gains 10 points each turn.
4.If anyone gives points, make sure it increases in value by 3.
5.All non-humans receive 10-1000 points at random.
6.The person in the lead receives two thousand points cause fuck it.
7.Give points based on honk extravagance, 500-1000.
8.Give New525 3 points.
9.All players receive 1 point.
10.Give a random player 3 points.
11.Multiply WiseCrack34's points by 3. New525 receives all points gained.
12.Make sure New525 points are 700000 points or higher.

RE: Forum Game: The Point Giving AI - Wraithcraft - 11-16-2018

Ada O'Hara readies up.

RE: Forum Game: The Point Giving AI - New525 - 11-16-2018

Horatio D Jiggles reporting in

RE: Forum Game: The Point Giving AI - Spoodle - 11-16-2018

This sounds like it's going to be a completely mind-bending mess. I'm in.

RE: Forum Game: The Point Giving AI - Technature - 11-16-2018

Turn 0

Registering:
WraithCraft (Ada O'Hara)
New525 (Horatio D Jiggles)
Internet Dweller

Turns:Skipped

No law changes.

Everyone receives 1 point.

RE: Forum Game: The Point Giving AI - NateTheSquid - 11-17-2018

im in

RE: Forum Game: The Point Giving AI - Superlagg - 11-17-2018

₧‭ ₧ ‭ ₧ ‭ ₧ ‭₧ ‭₧‭ ₧‭ ₧‭ ₧‭ ₧ ‭₧

RE: Forum Game: The Point Giving AI - New525 - 11-17-2018

Law upload
E̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶i̶e̶ Humans are supposed to be generous. Players are to be considered nonhuman until they give points at least once. New players will be given the benefit of the doubt and given one extra turn to give the gift of giving.

RE: Forum Game: The Point Giving AI - Wraithcraft - 11-17-2018

Law Upload:
Humans gain 10 points a turn, to aid in the gift giving. After all, what is caring without sharing?

RE: Forum Game: The Point Giving AI - Technature - 11-18-2018

Turn 1

Registering:
NateTheSquid
Superlagg

Actions:
-Laws:
Add" All players are considered non-human UNLESS they've used at least one action to give points to someone.  Newly registered are unaffected for 1 turn by this law.
Add" Actually, humans gain 10 points per turn, not 1.

The following recieve 10 points:
NateTheSquid
Superlagg

RE: Forum Game: The Point Giving AI - New525 - 11-18-2018

Give 1 point to internet dweller

RE: Forum Game: The Point Giving AI - warcrimes - 11-18-2018

i wanna play the juice

RE: Forum Game: The Point Giving AI - Spoodle - 11-19-2018

I give 0.01 points to New525. If I'm not allowed to give a fraction of a point, I'll just give him 1 whole point.

RE: Forum Game: The Point Giving AI - pizzatiger - 11-19-2018

I would like to sign up please

RE: Forum Game: The Point Giving AI - Technature - 11-20-2018

Turn 2
jesus christ it hasn't even been a week and I missed a day

Registering
John Warcrimes
pizzatiger

Actions:
Giving
-New525 gives 1 point to internet dweller.
-InternetDweller gives 0.01 points to New525 Actually, I'm going to allow this.  InternetDweller gives 0.01 points to New525.

Extra Laws:
4.All players are considered non-human UNLESS they've used at least one action to give points to someone. Newly registered are unaffected for 1 turn by this law.

5.Actually, humans gain 10 points per turn, not 1.

1 player is currently achieving their goal.