Goonstation Forums
[Campaign] ROBUSTING@HOME - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: [Campaign] ROBUSTING@HOME (/showthread.php?tid=11176)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

[Campaign] ROBUSTING@HOME - warcrimes - 10-10-2018

Who wants to start a new forum game? A non-nukie game? 

ROBUSTING@HOME will be run in Secret mode. 
Round-start will proceed pretty much the same as Get Dat Fukken Disk™ by Technature™ - post your:
-character name 
-job assignment
-starting traits if they're significant
-and a vote for the current map. 

When the round starts, antagonists will be selected at random and PM'd their status. 
Late-joiners will also be assigned NT / Syndicate status at random, so please, do jump in.

One turn is 24 hours IRL, about a minute in-character.
Action success will be determined by my own die roll, with a twist. 
You can request your action rolled on 2 dice & averaged. This means while abject failures are less likely, so are high-successes. Use this when performing rolls where a 3 or 4 is good enough, but a 1 is certain death- like surgery or crusher poking. Just mention 2d6. 

Actions are pretty open-ended, and i'll do my best to accommodate whatever. If you somehow create or implicate an NPC of some kind (a buddy, a critter, shitty bill) they'll get their own rolls too. Anything that can be done in BYOND (and maybe a little more) is fair game. 

Antags may PM me to undertake stealthy actions (obviously ones that don't impact other players directly- ex, ordering from your uplink or choosing spells) to keep their status secret - but rolling exceptionally low might blow your cover spectacularly, so no guarantees. All other actions, post in the thread (and try to look natural). 

Game will start either tomorrow, or whenever we've got enough players that I can reasonably assign some good antags. 
@Roleplayer, 10 of your friends are online!

Kickflip Brozinski - Janitor
Selladore Kaine - Botanist
Ada O'hara - Scientist
Sam Eagle - Roboticist
Granadillo Graves - Barman
Charlie Collins - Detective
Wiggles Wigglesby - Test Subject
Ella Oats - Inspector
Jack Jackson - Staff Assistant
Adrian Clarke - Security Officer

RE: [Campaign] ROBUSTING@HOME - LovelyMimic - 10-10-2018

Kickflip Brozinski
Janitor
Relevant Trait(s): None
Map Vote: Oshan Laboratory

RE: [Campaign] ROBUSTING@HOME - CandleCandleCandles - 10-10-2018

Selladore Kaine
Botanist
Relevant Trait(s): Deaf, Shortsighted
Map vote: Oshan Laboratory

RE: [Campaign] ROBUSTING@HOME - Wraithcraft - 10-10-2018

Ada O'hara
Scientist
Relevant Trait(s): Smoker, Happyfeet
Map vote: Oshan Station

RE: [Campaign] ROBUSTING@HOME - Recusor - 10-10-2018

Sam Eagle
Roboticist
Oshan

RE: [Campaign] ROBUSTING@HOME - Frank_Stein - 10-10-2018

Granadillo Graves
Barman
Oshan

RE: [Campaign] ROBUSTING@HOME - Spoodle - 10-11-2018

Charlie Collins
Detective
Traits: Strong Willed, Athletic, Hemophilia, Human Torch
Map Vote: NSS Clarion

RE: [Campaign] ROBUSTING@HOME - Mordent - 10-11-2018

Name: Wiggles Wigglesby
Job: Test Subject (latejoining, abusing my admin powers to make the job available if not)
Traits: Happyfeet (yes, this is significant, shut up)

RE: [Campaign] ROBUSTING@HOME - warcrimes - 10-11-2018

(10-11-2018, 08:07 AM)Mordent Wrote: Name: Wiggles Wigglesby
Job: Test Subject (latejoining, abusing my admin powers to make the job available if not)
Traits: Happyfeet (yes, this is significant, shut up)

I have zero qualms with people picking gimmick jobs for roundstart! PSA if someone needs to retcon their roll before we go live.

RE: [Campaign] ROBUSTING@HOME - warcrimes - 10-11-2018

ROUNDSTART!

The winning map was OSHAN LABORATORY
The game mode is SECRET
Global OOC has been disabled.

You find yourself standing fully clothed and staring at the wall of your department.
Here are your posessions.

Kickflip Brozinski
Janitor's jumpsuit, ID, and loadout.
In your bag, additionally, is your Prized Bike Horn.

Selladore Kaine
Botanist's jumpsuit, ID, and loadout. You are wearing prescription glasses and an auditory headset.
In your bag is a drinking glass. It's full of some liquid, somehow.

Ada O'hara
Scientist's jumpsuit, ID and loadout. You are wearing internals.
In your pocket is a zippo lighter with your name on one side, and an obscene cartoon on the other side.

Sam Eagle
Roboticist's jumpsuit, ID and loadout.
In your bag is a rubber slug riot shotgun.

Granadillo Graves
Barman's jumpsuit, ID and loadout.
In your bag is also a rubber slug riot shotgun, go figure. You also have a potato in your pocket. It was passed down from your grandfather.

Charlie Collins
Detective's jumpsuit, ID and loadout, with swank hat.
In your bag is a very good butt. How you got past security with that is ... well fairly obvious.

Wiggles Wigglesby
Nude. No ID. You find yourself laying on a bed in the operating theater. Odd.
You have a backpack with a gross saxophone inside it. Your BYOND frame has more buttons than normal.

There is an AI! [4]
It's name is say "; fuck" [1]
say "; fuck" states [135.9] "Welcome to Oshan Laboratory, i guess"

If you are an antagonist or other special role, you will receive a PM within a few minutes of posting this. If you got nothin, you aint nothin.

The next move is yours, @Roleplayer!

RE: [Campaign] ROBUSTING@HOME - Wraithcraft - 10-11-2018

Ada O'hara begins doing the important things that a scientist must do. Namely, that's securing a handheld welding tank from the research podbay and checking cabinets for a more robust air tank.

RE: [Campaign] ROBUSTING@HOME - Spoodle - 10-11-2018

I set up my inventory (camera, audio log, luminol spray bottle in an evidence box, which I grab from the forensics cart. revolver in pocket, spectroscopic and thermal goggles in .38 revolver box. camera monitor, evidence box, forensic scanner, and handcuffs in backpack.) I then take off my hat, and claim my "Fish" (Satchel) and "Neither Fashionable nor Stylish" (Inspector's shortcoat and Inspector's shirt & tie) rewards. Finally, I replace my inspector's shirt & tie with my spare detective's suit.

With my inventory set-up, I say "; Hello, crew. Here's to an exciting shift.", and make my way to Emergency Storage A for a toolbelt.

Oh, and could these actions be preformed with a 2-dice roll?

RE: [Campaign] ROBUSTING@HOME - Recusor - 10-11-2018

I head to my storage room in robotics and grab the crate with cyborg parts. Once thats out in the main room I go to the fabricator and start some treads being made.

RE: [Campaign] ROBUSTING@HOME - Frank_Stein - 10-11-2018

I go and turn that potato into vodka using the still, and bottle it as "Grandma Graves fight Juice"

RE: [Campaign] ROBUSTING@HOME - CandleCandleCandles - 10-11-2018

I immediately crow over general comms. "Helloooooo, everyone, it's ya boi Selladore! Anyone need anything from Boh Tah Knee?"

As I do so, I take the glass out of my bag and hurl my bag to the nearest table. This bitch empty.