Goonstation Forums
Whoops Thread: Share your Ingame Mistakes - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Whoops Thread: Share your Ingame Mistakes (/showthread.php?tid=10867)

Pages: 1 2 3

Whoops Thread: Share your Ingame Mistakes - fosstar - 07-21-2018

This thread is meant to be for general moments of "Oh shit how did this happen", " Whoops", And all other screwups, tell us about that time you accidentally gassed yourself brewing meth in chemistry, the time you slipped and dropped your tazer to get murdered by a sec officer, or that time you threw a box of keys into space (never forget). Shoot!

RE: Whoops Thread: Share your Ingame Mistakes - Triacontakai - 07-21-2018

I once absentmindedly mixed potassium + water with absolutely zero thought as to what I was doing. Still have no idea how that happened.

RE: Whoops Thread: Share your Ingame Mistakes - Vunterslaush - 07-21-2018

I once armed a chameleon bomb and decided for some reason that I needed to move it.

RE: Whoops Thread: Share your Ingame Mistakes - Frank_Stein - 07-21-2018

Stuffed an air canister into a heated, pressured plasma canister and opened it to fill it, not realizing it would react with the oxygen present

RE: Whoops Thread: Share your Ingame Mistakes - EristheSlackWyrm - 07-21-2018

[21:37:52] <@Spacebee> [LLJK RP 1] ADMINHELP (EristheSlackWyrm/Tooty the Clown Worthy of Sluts): EEEEH oops! I was trying to name myself Tooty The Clown worthy of Salutes. I think I missed an A in the last word.

But also, as a Clown Main i fuck up a lot. It's in the job. A poorly placed slip that gives the antags the upper hand. Tried to slip an antag that was loosing, slipped the HoS instead, letting the antag grab the laser gun and kill them.

Tooty has a tendency to "Oopsie" a lot of thing. Oopsied his health, oopsied the air, Oopsied the engine. Ive also oopsied pipebomps, security chases, vital events and entire rounds. Sometimes for the better of the round, sometimes for the worse.

RE: Whoops Thread: Share your Ingame Mistakes - Vitatroll - 07-21-2018

1) Made critter farm. Spawned a couple of nukeops and they exploded. This is the normal bit.

There were a couple of syndicate radios laying around. Suddenly I get mindslaved. I thought it was my bud using one of the radios and closed the popup. About 20 seconds later someone starts poppin' off at said bud in the shuttle, so I take a revolver I spawned earlier and gunned them down.

Turns out I just killed my master. Whoops. Those radios don't even have mindslave implants IIRC. Double whoops.

2) The few times I've lost containment (read: 'people breaking shit' or 'antags happen') and caused an icespider/zombie hoard. Or that one time I released a zombie on lowpop during a mid-transportation antag attack. Not my brightest idea.

3) The time a post-round party explosion (6-9 canbombs) turned into a shuttle-arrival surprise party explosion due to wonky timer mechanics.

4) That one time I tried to say 'Clown sec best sec' but instead said 'Clown sex best sex'. I mean clowns would probably agree but that's not an image I want in my head. Or noise. I imagine it would sound like the most aggressive balloon animal competition, but with even more honks, squeaks and farts.

RE: Whoops Thread: Share your Ingame Mistakes - robertGN - 07-21-2018

Spent an hour making loaf for the first time. Immediately fed very high tier loaf to a nearby rat by clicking on it, believing I would smash it.  Rage ensued.

RE: Whoops Thread: Share your Ingame Mistakes - Studenterhue - 07-21-2018

[Image: P64M8SI.png]

RE: Whoops Thread: Share your Ingame Mistakes - Technature - 07-21-2018

I learned how to make Phlogiston reliably.

I then immediately made a batch without stabilizer.

RE: Whoops Thread: Share your Ingame Mistakes - Wraithcraft - 07-21-2018

i blew up the chem lab 4 rounds in a row trying to get nitro into a pill
now i just dont bother touching it

RE: Whoops Thread: Share your Ingame Mistakes - Roomba - 07-22-2018

Spawned as a syndie once, and while waiting for the other team members to load up, I spent some time fiddling with my earpiece so I could pick up station radio chat. Ended up with the earpiece on 'broadcast everything' mode over the general radio, and the whole station got a earful of syndicate tactics discussion before they informed me of that fact.

RE: Whoops Thread: Share your Ingame Mistakes - Superlagg - 07-22-2018

The QM delivered a crate of erebite to medbay. I opened the crate just as another Assistant clicked on it again, instantly closing it. And so we rapidly opened and closed this crate full of deadly explosive rocks. Eventually Grifflez wandered by and the Assistant buggered off, leaving me to click on the crate by myself. As a result, I accidentally picked up a chunk of erebite and smacked it against another chunk of erebite, blowing Grifflez and half of medbay to smitheroons. Did I mention I wasn't an antag?

I shot off an ahelp reminding the staff that I'm a masterclass idiot and fixed the hole as a ghostdrone.

Another time, some Assistant was being a jerk, so I flushed him down disposals. Now this is all good fun on Cog2 where the crusherbelt moves about as fast as Bubs' mom coming from brunch, but we were on Cog1 where that belt ran faster than Bubs' mom headed to brunch. I think I managed to unknowingly gib more than a few people before I realized this. Whoops.

RE: Whoops Thread: Share your Ingame Mistakes - The Grim Sleeper - 07-22-2018

I tried to make nitroglycerine inside of a monkey for fun with several types of smoke and foam. Test-chamber gone, toxins gone, art-lab gone, but the SCIENCE! went on.
Then I had a monkey that didn't explode. SUCCESS, I think, but I'd better check by Reagent scanning her. So I walk right into the clouds of chemicals, without a mask on.
It did work though, somebody became a reagent container full of nitroglycerine.

RE: Whoops Thread: Share your Ingame Mistakes - Sov - 07-22-2018

Dragging a max can bomb onto the shuttle as a non antag planning to set it to explode once we had arrived on centcomm

Someone had contacted security apparently and they were outside my lab

Security tries to taser me but I dodge and it hits the can bomb

Apparently a taser shot causes instant can bomb detonation

RE: Whoops Thread: Share your Ingame Mistakes - CandleCandleCandles - 07-22-2018

Was making Crank. Yeah, okay, it'll explode, so of course I made myself some synthflesh patches so I could immediately patch myself up, all will be fine and dandy.

Buuuut I left my watering can full of welding fuel next to the chem dispenser. Crank explodes, all is fine, the welding fuel detonates, and I'm near-instantly stunlocked in crit.