Goonstation Forums
Scanning crusher with syndie analyzer should count as a crusher poke - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Scanning crusher with syndie analyzer should count as a crusher poke (/showthread.php?tid=10832)

Pages: 1 2

Scanning crusher with syndie analyzer should count as a crusher poke - MrMagolor - 07-16-2018

Spamming crusher is a bit too guaranteed for a traitor mechanic. I feel like scanning the crusher should require you to, you know, have to reach your hand in, maybe tap it...

What I'm saying it, scanning the crusher or using any item on it should trigger the crusher poke roll.

RE: Scanning crusher with syndie analyzer should count as a crusher poke - Lady Birb - 07-16-2018

Yes.

RE: Scanning crusher with syndie analyzer should count as a crusher poke - Roomba - 07-16-2018

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact that you just died to a scanned crusher in a dark hallway, because you didn't look where you were going.

RE: Scanning crusher with syndie analyzer should count as a crusher poke - Triacontakai - 07-16-2018

Gotta say I don't agree with this. Scanned crushers are very easy to get rid of using a deconstruction device and are also fairly easily avoided. Hallway crusher traps are also not anymore dangerous than teleporter traps leading to disposals crusher. No reason to make them harder to get (scanning crushers requires a special scanner anyways!!).
Also this seems kinda kneejerky considering what Roomba said.

RE: Scanning crusher with syndie analyzer should count as a crusher poke - Technature - 07-16-2018

Seems unfair to put a punishment on using an item the way it was intended.

RE: Scanning crusher with syndie analyzer should count as a crusher poke - babayetu83 - 07-16-2018

i think this would be a very good idea. add some risk to the process

RE: Scanning crusher with syndie analyzer should count as a crusher poke - Frank_Stein - 07-16-2018

Maybe not an actual crusher poke, but a chance for the item to get sucked up into it if you're on the wrong intent

RE: Scanning crusher with syndie analyzer should count as a crusher poke - Triacontakai - 07-16-2018

(07-16-2018, 02:52 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Maybe not an actual crusher poke, but a chance for the item to get sucked up into it if you're on the wrong intent

this is kinda annoying since the syndie scanner (usually) costs TC and it'd be super lame if you just wasted that for it to get sucked into the crusher (which isn't even the best thing you can do with the scanner!).

RE: Scanning crusher with syndie analyzer should count as a crusher poke - The Grim Sleeper - 07-17-2018

I agree with nerfing crusher scanning. Traitor mechanics could do with some forced creativity to make murder-machinery.

If you are a Traitor and feel this is impinging on your 'rights' to make hell-contraptions, do note that there are far more dangerous objects that can be scanned, build and deployed.
I am not going to tell what those are, creativity and discovery are the name of the game.

EDIT: I don'y type fast enough.

RE: Scanning crusher with syndie analyzer should count as a crusher poke - Erev - 07-17-2018

Gonna say no. Scanned crushers are a staple of the game and both fairly rare and fairly easily dealt with. The item required to scan it already has a TC cost - leave it be.

RE: Scanning crusher with syndie analyzer should count as a crusher poke - Kovirii - 08-03-2018

(07-16-2018, 02:52 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Maybe not an actual crusher poke, but a chance for the item to get sucked up into it if you're on the wrong intent

How about it only takes one arm with a little bleeding?

RE: Scanning crusher with syndie analyzer should count as a crusher poke - Wisecrack34 - 08-06-2018

If you fail the check it says you accidentally used the wrong arm and lost it to the machine (also potential to make crusher poking only remove your arm, as to allow funnier conversations in medbay)

RE: Scanning crusher with syndie analyzer should count as a crusher poke - drWoof - 08-09-2018

just stop running in dark hallways and you won't die to hallway crusher traps

RE: Scanning crusher with syndie analyzer should count as a crusher poke - Readster - 08-09-2018

oh yeah I'm totally doing this

Edit: should have been more specific. Not gunna have you actually get sucked into the crusher

RE: Scanning crusher with syndie analyzer should count as a crusher poke - DarkStar - 08-13-2018

(08-09-2018, 03:03 PM)Readster Wrote: oh yeah I'm totally doing this

Edit: should have been more specific. Not gunna have you actually get sucked into the crusher

Limbloss chance as above then? I think that would be the best compromise.