Goonstation Forums
loot crates are really overpriced for what you can get - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: loot crates are really overpriced for what you can get (/showthread.php?tid=10683)

Pages: 1 2

loot crates are really overpriced for what you can get - Noah Buttes - 06-18-2018

8 crystals for some stuff that you can usually just find in about ten minutes of mining.

EDIT:

whoops, forgot the suggestion.

Suggestion: add rarer materials like electrum, spacelag, and the like. Also increase the spawn amount of each material.

RE: loot crates are really overpriced for what you can get - New525 - 06-18-2018

Yes there are plenty of rarely seen materials that would fit well in the box

RE: loot crates are really overpriced for what you can get - Vitatroll - 06-18-2018

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different materials.

RE: loot crates are really overpriced for what you can get - warcrimes - 06-18-2018

there should be a chance to spawn 100 slag and a c-saber

RE: loot crates are really overpriced for what you can get - KikiMofo - 06-18-2018

(06-18-2018, 10:47 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different materials.

Oh wait. Is that really what it's about? It was a funny traitor addition because of the lootcrate big dealio?

RE: loot crates are really overpriced for what you can get - Studenterhue - 06-18-2018

(06-18-2018, 05:51 PM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(06-18-2018, 10:47 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different materials.

Oh wait. Is that really what it's about? It was a funny traitor addition because of the lootcrate big dealio?

No, the loot crate meme came much later. I certainly think of it anyways though.

RE: loot crates are really overpriced for what you can get - Technature - 06-18-2018

It's certainly fitting all things considered.

RE: loot crates are really overpriced for what you can get - poland spring - 06-18-2018

Loot crates are a shitty trap for new players right now and rhat needs to change.

RE: loot crates are really overpriced for what you can get - KikiMofo - 06-18-2018

I got tricked by it because I thought it was the surplus crate.

RE: loot crates are really overpriced for what you can get - Mordent - 06-20-2018

Honest question: does anyone actually use it outside of the first "let's see what this thing is about" check? Would you use if it some rarer materials were added and/or the price reduced?

From my point of view, even if it had a 1,000 of every material in the game I still likely wouldn't. Maybe if it was a much lower TC cost, and even then probably not. What do people use it for?

RE: loot crates are really overpriced for what you can get - Noah Buttes - 06-20-2018

(06-20-2018, 11:29 AM)Mordent Wrote: Honest question: does anyone actually use it outside of the first "let's see what this thing is about" check? Would you use if it some rarer materials were added and/or the price reduced?

From my point of view, even if it had a 1,000 of every material in the game I still likely wouldn't. Maybe if it was a much lower TC cost, and even then probably not. What do people use it for?

I'd for sure use it if it was guaranteed to have star stone inside it, but other than that, I can see your point.

RE: loot crates are really overpriced for what you can get - KikiMofo - 06-20-2018

(06-20-2018, 11:29 AM)Mordent Wrote: Honest question: does anyone actually use it outside of the first "let's see what this thing is about" check? Would you use if it some rarer materials were added and/or the price reduced?

This is all I got to say about the lootcrate.

[Image: fovAmY8.png]

RE: loot crates are really overpriced for what you can get - Ed Venture - 06-20-2018

That money idea is ten times better than the lootcrates we have now.

RE: loot crates are really overpriced for what you can get - warcrimes - 06-21-2018

is the loot crate even contraband ?

RE: loot crates are really overpriced for what you can get - Superlagg - 06-21-2018

That million bucks would go a long way! Buy an injector belt and mask, load one with meth and mannitol, the other with cryoxystylane and more mannitol, buy some syndie armor, and run around the station as Robusto the Unstoppable Jackass. I'd definitely consider that over a box of materials that *might* be craftable into something slightly robust.

What neat stuff is there to make with materials? I know there are spears and tiny power cells, but I wouldn't spend my TCs on that when I could just order a c-saber or hurricane punch the captain.

If we're set on having some kind of materials-y traitor item, what about something like a backpack workshop? Works like the smelter, fabricator, manufacturer, and reclaimer/processor all in one, and fits comfortably on your back.