Goonstation Forums
Nomopoly - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Nomopoly (/showthread.php?tid=10431)

Pages: 1 2

Nomopoly - Tarhalindur - 05-04-2018

I tried to run this, but someone derailed it because of a stupid mistake.
So I'm going to try again! Might as well after that shit idea of mine.
I won't abandon it this time, don't worry!
Don't suggest to switch to democracy! It will be denied!

The Current Codex Of Nomopoly
I. THE ADMIN
1. The position of "the admin" is held by Tarhalindur.
2. The admin is responsible for maintaining: a history of player submissions and moves; the status of the board and dice; and the codex and its consequences.
3. The admin owns and rolls two fair six-sided dice.
4. The admin may edit player submissions to make them suitable for publishing as long as their meaning is preserved. This may include adding formatting and fixing typos.
5. The decision of the admin is final.
II. PLAYERS
1. Anyone may become a player of the game by posting in the Nomopoly thread.
2. The admin is not considered to be a player.
III. ENDING THE GAME
1. The game will end immediately (and perhaps drastically) if the admin is ever told to stop by staff and is incapable of persuasion/weaseling.
IV. THE BOARD
1. The game shall include a collection of numbered, ordered squares known as "the board".
2. Each player occupies exactly one square at all times. There is no limit to the amount of players that can be on one square.
3. Players will be moved from one square to another over the course of the game. A move from one square to the next sequential square shall be known as "advancing"; all other moves shall be known as "jumps".
V. TURNS
1. When a player takes a turn, the admin rolls two dice for them and advances them once for every pip shown on the dice.
2. If the dice show doubles, the player earns another turn to be taken immediately.
VI. SQUARE ONE
1. The first square shall be known as Square One.
2. All new players begin the game on Square One.
3. If a player on the last space is required to advance, they are moved to Square One. This is still considered an advance.
VII. PROPOSALS
1. Players may propose to add new rules or change existing ones by posting the proposal here.
2. If a player submits a proposal while another proposal is still undecided, then the latter proposal wholly replaces the earlier one.
3. The admin will judge all proposals, accepting or rejecting them. If a proposal is accepted, the admin will change the game state to implement all changes.
4. When a proposal is judged, whether or not it is accepted, the player who submitted it shall take a turn.

Players
John Warcrimes (Square One)

Board
Square One

RE: Nomopoly - Technature - 05-04-2018

Not to be a downer, but the last game you did seems to have died because you weren't available anymore.

Nothing's stopping you from trying again though.

RE: Nomopoly - Wisecrack34 - 05-04-2018

You're just jealous cause you're not the GM

I probably wont play, I never really do these Forum games but all the luck to ya

RE: Nomopoly - Tarhalindur - 05-05-2018

(05-04-2018, 08:25 PM)Technature Wrote: Not to be a downer, but the last game you did seems to have died because you weren't available anymore.

Nothing's stopping you from trying again though.

Yep, I'm trying again.
If you want to play, just make a proposal.

RE: Nomopoly - Tarhalindur - 05-09-2018

Tarhalindur uses BUMP!
It's super effective!

RE: Nomopoly - warcrimes - 05-10-2018

I propose we switch to regular nomic and then i turn 360 degrees and walk away through the board

RE: Nomopoly - Superlagg - 05-10-2018

[img]goddamn fucking dropbox quit wrapping my pics in your bullshit I choose thimble[/img]

I roll initiative.

RE: Nomopoly - Tarhalindur - 05-11-2018

(05-10-2018, 06:40 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: I propose we switch to regular nomic and then i turn 360 degrees and walk away through the board

Did you even read the OP?
John Warcrimes rolls 4-1, advancing to Square One.

RE: Nomopoly - warcrimes - 05-11-2018

(05-10-2018, 06:40 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: I propose we switch to regular nomic again and then i turn 720 degrees and walk away through the board

RE: Nomopoly - Superlagg - 05-11-2018

All right!! Square one!!

EDIT: Lucky!!

RE: Nomopoly - BlackPhoenix - 05-11-2018

I propose we add exactly 35.5 new squares to the game.

RE: Nomopoly - Superlagg - 05-11-2018

I propose we throw out all these rules and replace them with standard Monopoly rules. Then we play Monopoly. With text only.

RE: Nomopoly - Tarhalindur - 05-14-2018

BlackPheonix Wrote: Wrote:I propose we add exactly 35.5 new squares to the game.
Rejected. Sorry, but I don't know how to add half a square.
BlackPheonix rolls 3-5, advancing to Square One.

Superlagg Wrote Wrote:I propose we throw out all these rules and replace them with standard Monopoly rules. Then we play Monopoly. With text only.
How about no?
Superlagg rolls 5-4, advancing to Square One.

Tip of the day: Don't let the name influence your proposals!

RE: Nomopoly - BlackPhoenix - 05-16-2018

Fine. I propose that we add 35 new squares, and add one new square for every accepted proposal starting immediately and continuing in perpetuity.

RE: Nomopoly - Tarhalindur - 05-18-2018

(05-16-2018, 06:16 AM)BlackPhoenix Wrote: Fine. I propose that we add 35 new squares, and add one new square for every accepted proposal starting immediately and continuing in perpetuity.

Accepted!
BlackPheonix rolls 4-2 and advances to the 7th square.