Goonstation Forums
Sord is making stations again - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Mapping (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Sord is making stations again (/showthread.php?tid=10387)

Sord is making stations again - Sord213 - 04-26-2018

After my last, 90% completed, map got corrupted (rip fried egg station) I took a break from DM. I'm working on a new map, Nomad Station. The story behind nomad station is there was an expedition fleet of ships that was sent into the stars to colonize some system or something idk. Now that fleet has reached the intended destination and is being converted into a working space station.

There are three ships, and one "station" segment. The ships are
  • Research Vessel
A mostly self sufficient ship designed to house and contain all the research staff and experiments. The research staff was the most opposed to combining all the ships together into a single station, and, as such, are almost entirely separated from the main station
  • Command Ship
This ship contains the bridge, security, and AI suite. May put some extra stuff on here if I need the space
  • Engineering Ship
The engineering ship contains the TEG required to power the command, engineering, and civilian areas. It will have all the usual, mechanics, engine, mining, qm, etc
  • Civilian Station
Completed after the fleet reached the destination, the civilian station contains the entertainment areas, fitness room, cafeteria, housing, and medical bay.

Progress pics:
Research Vessel

[Image: maKm2CW.png]

Most of the areas are self explanatory. Research has it's own power generation via solars and furnaces. A catwalk system was added after the fleet was converted to assist in mobility. A few additions were made as well, such as the pod bay and the connection to the main station via airbridge. Before the fleet was halted they used shuttles to traverse between ships. A shuttle will be available for use between the research ship and command ship.

WIP Civilian Station
[Image: KvSp0UQ.png]
[Image: p7tRzG2.png]

Medbay
[Image: fU5il2y.png]

Medbay is (mostly) done.

RE: Sord is making stations again - Recusor - 04-26-2018

If theres anything I learned with some other new maps we've gotten recently, its how much I like multi-station/ship maps like this. Please correct me if im wrong, but based on the research ship it looks like you wont be dealing with the shuttle system as much as pods, and considering that I like the relatively larger than normal podbay for people to use (unlike the Radio station's tiny 3x3 podbays that seem too small to me).

The only thing I would suggest is maybe making the exterior catwalks be a bit closer to the main body of the ship. It seems very boxy, unless you were maybe going for the idea that they were built after the journey stopped?

RE: Sord is making stations again - Sord213 - 04-26-2018

(04-26-2018, 08:46 AM)Recusor Wrote: If theres anything I learned with some other new maps we've gotten recently, its how much I like multi-station/ship maps like this. Please correct me if im wrong, but based on the research ship it looks like you wont be dealing with the shuttle system as much as pods, and considering that I like the relatively larger than normal podbay for people to use (unlike the Radio station's tiny 3x3 podbays that seem too small to me).
There might be a single shuttle running between the research vessel and command ship.

(04-26-2018, 08:46 AM)Recusor Wrote: The only thing I would suggest is maybe making the exterior catwalks be a bit closer to the main body of the ship. It seems very boxy, unless you were maybe going for the idea that they were built after the journey stopped?
That's the idea, the catwalks were added later and will be connected to the main station when that's done. I just gave it a finished look until I get the civil area done.

RE: Sord is making stations again - Sord213 - 04-26-2018

Welp. Someone blew the clown tent off the side of the station and it started to drift away.
[Image: UzIw5Mw.png]
Maybe we should go get it back? Naaaahhhh

RE: Sord is making stations again - Recusor - 04-27-2018

Id rate the clown tent a 8 out of honk. Excellent placement of vomit, really helps the chi flow.