Goonstation Forums
Major Research / mining shuttle atmos malfunction - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Major Research / mining shuttle atmos malfunction (/showthread.php?tid=10320)

Research / mining shuttle atmos malfunction - Kubius - 04-12-2018

Conditions under which this happen are unknown, but it seems to become more likely to happen when the shuttle is moved frequently. Bug is apparently present in all maps (heard in Discord, could use some additional confirmation), but has been made significantly more apparent by Chiron's research shuttle which triggers it pretty often.

At random, after the shuttle has been moved, the atmospherics will wig out and jump to an absurd temperature. This does in most cases cause a massive heat wave causing objects to spontaneously combust and people's lungs to roast.

Some screenshots of atmos scans taken onboard the research shuttle on Chiron, after the fluke triggered:

[Image: n2oz1r2.png]

RE: Research / mining shuttle atmos malfunction - kremlin - 04-12-2018

ack looking

thanks

RE: Research / mining shuttle atmos malfunction - Avack - 04-13-2018

I can confirm I've seen this with the mining shuttle on Destiny during long RP1 rounds. However, it doesn't spread nearly as effectively, possibly due to the airbridge that the Destiny shuttle docks with.

RE: Research / mining shuttle atmos malfunction - Triacontakai - 04-13-2018

holy fuck, that gas is enough to make more than a maxcap canbomb

RE: Research / mining shuttle atmos malfunction - popecrunch - 04-14-2018

How the FUCK do you have -1% anything

RE: Research / mining shuttle atmos malfunction - Triacontakai - 04-14-2018

(04-14-2018, 05:11 PM)popecrunch Wrote: How the FUCK do you have -1% anything
usually that kinda stuff happens in extremely low pressure gas, so I assume it happens when you have a tiny tiny tiny amount of moles maybe (?)

RE: Research / mining shuttle atmos malfunction - elan_oots - 04-15-2018

I've had -5% or -6% before while in the process of making TTVs. It's just something that... sorta.. happens

RE: Research / mining shuttle atmos malfunction - deranging - 04-18-2018

I also heard it happens in the airbridge in Chiron

RE: Research / mining shuttle atmos malfunction - MrMagolor - 04-28-2018

Quote:I also heard it happens in the airbridge in Chiron
I too have seen that happen, but at least you can just have mechanics build teleporters like with the cog2 PTL.

RE: Research / mining shuttle atmos malfunction - ZeWaka - 07-18-2018

this is a race condition I think, the actual copying part looks fine, but the displacement of air might mess it up, not sure exactly what's causing it as the copying part is not the root cause

RE: Research / mining shuttle atmos malfunction - LuigiThirty - 07-21-2018

There was a bug in Eve Online once where they screwed up the math on additive and multiplicative resist bonuses and you could get 103% resistance to a damage type with a specific ship configuration. If anyone shot at you, their client would crash. Super-resist.