Goonstation Forums
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) (/showthread.php?tid=305)

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Xenonia - 03-11-2013

Alright. Also, maybe make a traitor item to replace horseshoe gloves (RIP)

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Conor12 - 03-11-2013

I like the idea of the syndicate cyborg getting a baton and also the replacement horseshoe glove.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Dachshundofdoom - 03-11-2013

I'd like to make a small suggestion to make the radbow worth using:

Remove the SWEET JESUS THAT GUY SHOT A RADBOW chat message. It already makes a weird, recognizable noise and fires off a giant green slowish projectile. After it hits them, their screen blurs out, so it's not like they don't know exactly what has happened, and it takes a while to kill them and to recharge, to boot.

Getting rid of the red chat message will remove the instant self-screwover of the damn thing, giving you a chance to shoot them and then bolt for it, without making it impossible for them to figure out that a radbow has been fired. There's a chance that they caught your name, and there's a chance they didn't, as opposed to now, where the thing makes a shrieking announcement to anyone in view.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - atomic1fire - 03-11-2013

It would be neat to have some kind of traitor clown gag, alongside Sweeny's razer and some extra robust boxing gloves.

Give people some flexibility in their traitor gimmicks.

e.g Discount Dan's C4 Silly Putty, or "Discount Dan's Live snake in a can", which promptly releases a poisonous space snake.

Maybe even just give traitor assistants a banana peel grenade as an option.

Essentially add some optional traitor items to assistant (or maybe all jobs, I think assistant is a better fit for some of these items) so that an crewmember can go run off and become traitor barber or clown. Maybe even make that the assistant's traitor gimmick, the ability to assume several special traitor roles using some unique items.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Cogwerks - 03-11-2013

Dachshundofdoom Wrote:I'd like to make a small suggestion to make the radbow worth using:

Remove the SWEET JESUS THAT GUY SHOT A RADBOW chat message. It already makes a weird, recognizable noise and fires off a giant green slowish projectile. After it hits them, their screen blurs out, so it's not like they don't know exactly what has happened, and it takes a while to kill them and to recharge, to boot.

Getting rid of the red chat message will remove the instant self-screwover of the damn thing, giving you a chance to shoot them and then bolt for it, without making it impossible for them to figure out that a radbow has been fired. There's a chance that they caught your name, and there's a chance they didn't, as opposed to now, where the thing makes a shrieking announcement to anyone in view.

The hell are you talking about? The rad crossbow doesn't give off text when fired, unless you smack someone with the thing like a blunt weapon or pointblank them.

I am gonna turn off the noise and green bolt though, and raise the recharge rate.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - MEOW POW - 03-12-2013

how about making syndieborgs spawn with power treads, that they can activate in their panel to run over people like a mulebot.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - MEOW POW - 03-12-2013

alternatively, instead of a syndieborg, you can spawn a combat borg meant to be entirely lacking in stealth but it has high powered weaponry like the tank treads I mentioned, and maybe a gun or some sort of explosive launcher

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Admiral jimbob - 03-12-2013

Cogwerks Wrote:
Dachshundofdoom Wrote:I'd like to make a small suggestion to make the radbow worth using:

The hell are you talking about? The rad crossbow doesn't give off text when fired, unless you smack someone with the thing like a blunt weapon or pointblank them.

I am gonna turn off the noise and green bolt though, and raise the recharge rate.
I think it'd be overkill to remove the bolt, it's a powerful enough weapon when used correctly as it is without being completely untraceable in a crowd of more than two people; a half-competent traitor with a radbow in a remotely busy round would be able to terrorise the entire helpless station with ease. The noise definitely needs to go though.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Anticheese - 03-12-2013

It now looks like a bullet.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Dachshundofdoom - 03-12-2013

Cogwerks Wrote:The hell are you talking about? The rad crossbow doesn't give off text when fired, unless you smack someone with the thing like a blunt weapon or pointblank them.

I could have SWORN it gave red text at any range, but maybe I'm completely insane. I haven't used it in ages. Still, it's good to hear it got any buff at all.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - MEOW POW - 03-15-2013

requesting that the detective have an alternate .44 magnum with a different cooler sprite and cooler sound that can be exactly the same as the normal revolver or slightly stronger or something, possibly requiring the detective's clothes to shoot

of course I'm saying alternate because maybe detectives don't want to only be able to order a handcannon specifically tied to their job and be outed immediately

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Cogwerks - 03-15-2013

That has been requested a ton of times, it's probably never going to happen.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - atomic1fire - 03-16-2013

Just give detective the option to spawn extra ap ammo as traitor, which is pretty overpowered now as is.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - VictorMAngoStein - 03-16-2013

Give the detective a tool that helps him plant evidence.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - UrsulaMejor - 03-16-2013

Fingerprint glove kit, 3 telecrystals

Box, comes with 3 latex gloves and 3 bottles of Syndicate Fingerprint Gel

1) Apply Syndicate Fingerprint Gel to a pair of latex gloves
2) Touch Latex Gloves to an object (use in hand on the object, don't wear them. This prevents accidental touching of your own gear)
3) The "scrambled" fingerprint that the gloves leave on surfaces will now be the last fingerprint chronologically on the object that you touched the gloves to.