Goonstation Forums
Makeshift weapons - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Makeshift weapons (/showthread.php?tid=6278)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Makeshift weapons - Vuk Farkas - 08-28-2016

I would like to add that standard equipment the sec gets is more than able to stun even antags, (if they ever bother visiting their lockers) and QM can order some bad arse experimental weapons, like the e-shotgun, which has burstfire, shoots some energy orbs which knockout instantly! not to mention lethals in armoury and phasers... not like sec cant use the bots, and make the weapons too... did i forget to mention the detectives revolver which can kill even the captn (with armor and all)? Armoury has lethals even grenade launchers and the hand grenades sec can have are really OP especialyl in right hands from pyro grenade to cryo grenade! Ironically Sec just confiscates and locks up or destroys ANY weapons, even their own sometimes, instead of actualyl doing their fuckin job and equiping themselves properly!

RE: Makeshift weapons - Noah Buttes - 08-28-2016

(08-28-2016, 01:58 PM)Mordent Wrote:
(08-28-2016, 12:41 PM)Vuk Farkas Wrote:
(08-28-2016, 10:47 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(08-28-2016, 10:41 AM)Vuk Farkas Wrote: Words

The only thing I was able to extract from that message is that we should be able to fabricate fire extinguishers.

I agree.

then ya should actualyl sit and read instead of just glimpsing, if ya got time to check the thread ya got time to read it properly too!

I think what he was saying was that the rest was just a mishmash of sentences without real structure.

I tried reading the rest and it just hurt too much to keep reading.

RE: Makeshift weapons - Zafhset - 08-28-2016

Farkas, are you even on the right forum for the ss13 branch you play on? We don't have many of the things you mentioned in your latest post.

RE: Makeshift weapons - misto - 08-28-2016

maybe he thinks the wave gun is an e-shotgun

RE: Makeshift weapons - Noah Buttes - 08-28-2016

(08-28-2016, 07:46 PM)misto Wrote: maybe he thinks the wave gun is an e-shotgun

Holy shit, I forgot the wave gun even existed

RE: Makeshift weapons - misto - 08-28-2016

it still comes in one of the crates qm can buy. its settings are "stun" and "paralysis" i think and i have no clue what the difference is between them

security and the heads really could stand to order themselves in extra guns more often, before ppl blow the shipping budget on costumes

but this is all getting a bit off topic, although i think we've all shared and exhausted most of our ideas by now. i put together some sprites for a few of the more demanded ones in a thread in the spriting section, this topic can probably be left to rest unless anyone has a last minute brainwave

RE: Makeshift weapons - BBEG - 08-29-2016

(08-28-2016, 07:46 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

why is it  that the wave gun which is pretty much a direct upgrade from the taser not anywhere in security i mean at the very least the hos should have one or  hell the hop could have one for self defense

RE: Makeshift weapons - Vuk Farkas - 08-29-2016

(08-29-2016, 08:16 AM)BBEG Wrote:
(08-28-2016, 07:46 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

why is it  that the wave gun which is pretty much a direct upgrade from the taser not anywhere in security i mean at the very least the hos should have one or  hell the hop could have one for self defense

yes the e-shotgun as i called it is the wavegun (ironically shoots orbs) and the setting i saw it has is semi and burst, its a lot better than the e-gun cause it can shoot more (if i remember good) and the hits almoust imediately knock down whoever got shot (altho the effect might last slightly shorter than from the e-gun) this weapon is considered OP, security practically bans it even if its non lethal! And this weapon can counter any other weapon i proposed as makeshift (considerin that even lethals need a dozen shots to kill or incapacitate, while the wavegun needs only a hit or two to knock someone down, thus disarming them)

RE: Makeshift weapons - atomic1fire - 09-12-2016

Inspired by a recent changelog

handheld dirty bomb

Glow stick, timer, wire, Igniter.

click it, throw it, and hopefully not get sprayed with radioactive goo.

I'm not an artist but it could probably look like a timer-igniter assembly tied to a glowstick.

It would be a pretty lame bomb but funny in concept.

Maybe adding more glowsticks could make it more deadly, I dunno.

RE: Makeshift weapons - Vuk Farkas - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 03:22 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Inspired by a recent changelog

handheld dirty bomb

Glow stick, timer, wire, Igniter.

click it, throw it, and hopefully not get sprayed with radioactive goo.

I'm not an artist but it could probably look like a timer-igniter assembly tied to a glowstick.

It would be a pretty lame bomb but funny in concept.

Maybe adding more glowsticks could make it more deadly, I dunno.

Thats actually a neat idea! A weapon that can also cause genetic mutations!

RE: Makeshift weapons - Vuk Farkas - 10-04-2016

bumping this old thing again, we seriously need better weapons than spears and arrows to deal with martians, rogue bots, some kind of space ants, and what not... also make the nanofab scanable for hells sake or buildable, so any explorers/adventurers can setup an outpost in space. So far game doesnt encourage exploration much, sure telescience is fun but requires access and a lot of knowlege, while grabbing a space suit/pod is basic, also some serious craftable weapons would be nice for adventurers (even a .22 pistol would be something), a way to recharge energy weapons off station (handcranked recharger? self recharging small cells? or at the wery least being able to replace the cells like a magazine if its not implemented already!) I see almoust daily updates on goon, but they rarely add more new makeshift stuff, they mostly focus on fixing and updating old stuff (which is nice dont get me wrong, but some stuff here is deep while other stuff is barely touched)! Also a way to actually use the scrap from the grinder would be awesome (recycling) for us who love makeshift stuff, and wanna do things off station!

RE: Makeshift weapons - Mordent - 10-04-2016

(10-04-2016, 05:16 PM)Vuk Farkas Wrote: bumping this old thing again, we seriously need better weapons than spears and arrows to deal with martians, rogue bots, some kind of space ants, and what not... also make the nanofab scanable for hells sake or buildable, so any explorers/adventurers can setup an outpost in space. So far game doesnt encourage exploration much, sure telescience is fun but requires access and a lot of knowlege, while grabbing a space suit/pod is basic, also some serious craftable weapons would be nice for adventurers (even a .22 pistol would be something), a way to recharge energy weapons off station (handcranked recharger? self recharging small cells? or at the wery least being able to replace the cells like a magazine if its not implemented already!) I see almoust daily updates on goon, but they rarely add more new makeshift stuff, they mostly focus on fixing and updating old stuff (which is nice dont get me wrong, but some stuff here is deep while other stuff is barely touched)! Also a way to actually use the scrap from the grinder would be awesome (recycling) for us who love makeshift stuff, and wanna do things off station!

Most of the changes you've stated are fairly trivial but require a decent amount of work. They require spriting, balancing, a way of crafting (and the materials system is still in-the-works so I'd imagine most people are holding off until that's done; I know I am). If you're so adamant about this, and you do seem very vocal, make the changes yourself and make a patch. Or make the sprites. Or do something, basically. Every coder/spriter has more ideas than time, so in general the best way to get something done is to do it yourself.

RE: Makeshift weapons - Frank_Stein - 10-04-2016

I just wanna see the stuff Misto sprited added in

https://forum.ss13.co/attachment.php?aid=81

RE: Makeshift weapons - misto - 10-06-2016

if i can do any touch-ups on the sprites to make them easier to put ingame please tell me so

for simplicity's sake, the wrench club could even be considered complete at the "wrapping the head in coil" stage - the nature of the coils and insulation would already provide slight cushioning effect and were all willing to suspend a little disbelief here and there

my greatest concern regarding the slamfire shotgun is the simple fact that i dont really know anywhere besides the syndicate listening post to source fresh shotgun ammo from, and without ammo sources such a weapon would not see much use at all. maybe i should do the rounds to the various traders again

as pointed out by others, an option to manually pump the air pressure gun using a handcuffs-like timer would be good, but it would also require a check that the room it is being pumped in actually has air to pump into it rather than bare vacuum, so it would be fine to leave that detail out of initial release for the sake of ease. flamethrowers already work well enough with needing to have both their air and fuel tanks topped up, so i do not see an airgun needing similar as being a great weakness.

RE: Makeshift weapons - Grumpchkin - 10-06-2016

(10-06-2016, 06:11 AM)misto Wrote: if i can do any touch-ups on the sprites to make them easier to put ingame please tell me so

for simplicity's sake, the wrench club could even be considered complete at the "wrapping the head in coil" stage - the nature of the coils and insulation would already provide slight cushioning effect and were all willing to suspend a little disbelief here and there

my greatest concern regarding the slamfire shotgun is the simple fact that i dont really know anywhere besides the syndicate listening post to source fresh shotgun ammo from, and without ammo sources such a weapon would not see much use at all. maybe i should do the rounds to the various traders again

as pointed out by others, an option to manually pump the air pressure gun using a handcuffs-like timer would be good, but it would also require a check that the room it is being pumped in actually has air to pump into it rather than bare vacuum, so it would be fine to leave that detail out of initial release for the sake of ease. flamethrowers already work well enough with needing to have both their air and fuel tanks topped up, so i do not see an airgun needing similar as being a great weakness.

I think hacking certain vendors or manufacturers will give you new 12g rubber slugs.