Goonstation Forums
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) (/showthread.php?tid=305)

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Berrik - 12-17-2014

Discount Dan brand stimpaks, surplus crate only. Looks exactly like normal stimpacks, but when injected fills you with horrible poisons.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - BaneOfGiygas - 12-17-2014

Berrik Wrote:Discount Dan brand stimpaks, surplus crate only. Looks exactly like normal stimpacks, but when injected fills you with horrible poisons.
After having gotten a trick revolver in a surplus crate and immediately killed due to having absolutely no way of telling that it wasn't a real one, I'm going to do with an absolute no on this being in a surplus crate.

However, I'm partial towards this being a traitor-clown item. Traitor clowns should get more counterfeits like the revolver, if you ask me.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Walrus - 12-17-2014

BaneOfGiygas Wrote:After having gotten a trick revolver in a surplus crate and immediately killed due to having absolutely no way of telling that it wasn't a real one

v

I remember getting the trick revolver a while ago, even before it was added to the wiki. It comes in a special box that's labelled "Surplus Russian Armaments" or something (a ~Russian~ revolver). Inside the box is the gun and a note with something written on it vaguely along the lines of:

Quote:this is Dmitri, my friend Boris tried to use this and shot himself, blyat! I would suggest anyone else who finds it to stay away

so you kinda missed two big hints that give it away.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - UrsulaMejor - 12-17-2014

Walrus Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:After having gotten a trick revolver in a surplus crate and immediately killed due to having absolutely no way of telling that it wasn't a real one

v

I remember getting the trick revolver a while ago, even before it was added to the wiki. It comes in a special box that's labelled "Surplus Russian Armaments" or something (a ~Russian~ revolver). Inside the box is the gun and a note with something written on it vaguely along the lines of:

Quote:this is Dmitri, my friend Boris tried to use this and shot himself, blyat! I would suggest anyone else who finds it to stay away

so you kinda missed two big hints that give it away.
both those hints were put in place two days after it was put in the crates

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Walrus - 12-18-2014

UrsulaMejor Wrote:both those hints were put in place two days after it was put in the crates

Damn, this would make a lot more sense if these things were documented anywhere at all in the first place. Regardless, "trick" syndie items have been dealt with in a way that won't allow you to accidentally kill yourself.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - BaneOfGiygas - 12-18-2014

And it was due to my hilarious accidental self-offing that such a caveat was brought to the attention of the administration in the first place. Getting your brains blown out leads to positive developments, who'd have thunk it?

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - salix_catus - 12-18-2014

How about some ideas for Traitor tourists, traitor mailmen, traitor barbers traitor boxers and traitor Gimmick Jobs?

Traitor tourist would have a camera that shoots people and takes a picture of it at the same time.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - BaneOfGiygas - 12-18-2014

Can you even spawn as an antagonist when you pick a gimmick job?

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - salix_catus - 12-19-2014

I don't think so. but I thought it'd be a fun idea? traitor musician for example.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - atomic1fire - 12-19-2014

Assuming that gimmick antags could be or are a thing.

Here's some suggestions you can cherrypick or make fun of.

Give the soul stealing camera to the traitor tourist and traitor journalist.

Vuvuzella gun to the traitor musician, obviously.

Union rep could maybe get a unionized version of other traitor items, like a handheld "protest" sign that would work like a stun baton, or a handheld microphone that would double as a vuvuzella gun or something. I don't really have any good ideas for a union rep.

I'm a big fan of giving all the traitor diplomat/martians the option of a "Diplomatic bag" which is basically a regular bookbag or satchel supposed to be used for diplomatic relations, but instead is filled with traitor gear or assorted bad things that are easy to carry, and/or large amounts of money. Like a surplus crate on the go that you can yell at security for searching because you're a diplomat.

Atmospheric Technician: Give them a bomb like the RD used to have.

Mailman already have the mailsuits, so just let them buy that.

Give the barber the Holographic Disguiser, it fits perfectly.

I can't really think of anything good for the boxer other then stimulants + wrestling belt, Maybe a hulk injector instead because it's bodybuilding via cheating. Stimulant injector + wrestling belt by itself would be too overpowered, and I'm pretty sure hulk is temporary and could be cured with mutadone smoke.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - atomic1fire - 12-19-2014

I just thought of this now:
For an optional fun union rep thing you could offer them a mindslave implanter with extra implants. It would be pretty close to rev in concept but it would be hilarious for union reps to lead "protests" where destruction happens.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - BaneOfGiygas - 12-19-2014

Give traitor monkeys a banana gun. Looks exactly like an unpeeled banana, but fires dangerous laser shots. Also let them order banana grenades. Alternatively, give them an implanter that turns the victim into an aggressive monkey, like a scaled-down version of monkey mode minus the contagion.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - KikiMofo - 12-19-2014

Antagonist gets rolled before job gets chosen. So that is why even if you have HoS on favorite if you get rolled as antagonist it will give you a job that can become antagonist.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - salix_catus - 12-20-2014

perhaps there should be a "Gimmick Job" option on you're preferred jobs. it gives you a random gimmick job. there'd obviously be a limit. it'd add more character to rounds. plus. traitor gimmick would be FUN.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - atomic1fire - 12-26-2014

For a dumb gimmick item.

Muscle Pills: a container of pills that give you muscle for a limited time.

Overdose (eating all the pills) causes you to eventually gib with the message "YOU EXPLODE WITH MUSCLE"

4-6 telecrystals.

Not anywhere near effective as the wrestlebelt,

Effectively steroids, but withdrawl makes you fat.

Got the idea from those dumb weight loss byond ads.

It's basically a two in one thing, get strong for a while, but also get fat. Maybe you could be a jerk and mix it with smoke powder to make fat smoke, and also cause an area to erupt in violence because everyone wants to punch each other.