Goonstation Forums
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) (/showthread.php?tid=305)

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Spy_Guy - 10-13-2013

Dauntasa Wrote:
Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote:New-U Station: 9 Telecrystals, Geneticist only
Its a giant fuck off glowing machine that must be hidden very carefully. Once its screwdrivered into place, you swipe your ID and scan yourself with it and it injects you with a life-support monitor that instantly begins to clone you a new body once it detects your death. You don't start with any of the equipment you died with, just your jumpsuit/ID. The machine should be obvious and make a lot of noise like saying "Reviving subject" and stuff like that so if it isn't exceedingly well hidden, it will get discovered and destroyed. It should also siphon money from your ATM account with every revival, and if you can't pay you stay dead.

I like it, but have one caveat to add: If you put it on a non-station z-level(where it would be very hard to find), then it should still work but give you random genetic mutations to represent the signal breaking down over the distance.
If you put it on a non-station z-level then good luck getting back with just your jumpsuit and ID. I think that's all the caveats needed.

On top of that, all the supercop vigilantefucks would descend on genetics to reclaim the other geneticist for cloning a traitor. I guess that's a bonus in this case.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Dauntasa - 10-13-2013

Spy_Guy Wrote:If you put it on a non-station z-level then good luck getting back with just your jumpsuit and ID. I think that's all the caveats needed.
Unless you left an equipment cache including a hand tele next to it, which basically everyone would.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - UrsulaMejor - 10-14-2013

Dauntasa Wrote:
Spy_Guy Wrote:If you put it on a non-station z-level then good luck getting back with just your jumpsuit and ID. I think that's all the caveats needed.
Unless you left an equipment cache including a hand tele next to it, which basically everyone would.
So it turns your 9 crystal infinite revival into a one time deal? sure, okay, good enough price for putting it off-z to me.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Xenonia - 10-14-2013

Maybe make it cost all ten crystals, and keep infinite revivals: It's not as broken as you think. Unless you get to a point where nobody can oppose you, which (let's face it) lots of traitor items already do. All you have to do is have one nerd in a pod go out into space, or die enough times that you run out of spare gear. Also, it would be hilarious to have a New-U machine on Mars.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Dauntasa - 10-14-2013

UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Dauntasa Wrote:
So it turns your 9 crystal infinite revival into a one time deal? sure, okay, good enough price for putting it off-z to me.
if you put a tracking beacon near your machine it would be trivial to put the hand tele back for your next life and with a modified AI to help you you would essentially never die

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Xenonia - 10-16-2013

[Image: pYd5Z3m.png]

A sprite for Bomb Collars.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Isaacs Alter Ego - 10-16-2013

Xenonia Wrote:[Image: pYd5Z3m.png]

A sprite for Bomb Collars.

There is nothing I would like more than to see these on four traitors, each with objectives to kill each other, all hooked up to these under the control of one person and forced to work together to plunder the Mars vaults.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Xenonia - 10-17-2013

that's the plan

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Captain_Bravo - 10-17-2013

The obvious downside to a New U station is that any time someone else swipes their ID, it resets to them. So you have infinite revivals... until someone figures out where you're coming from, and steals it for themselves. I also think it should simply not be allowed on space Z-levels, like mining or the debris field. Too easy to hide it waaay out there where nobody can ever find it. Stick it somewhere like the syndie shuttle for super-fun-times.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - UrsulaMejor - 10-17-2013

glue and solvent. one telecrystal

use glue in something, it cannot leave wherever it is.

use solvent, it can be moved again

comes with two 50 unit bottles and a dropper

does not work on people

example:.glue a million credits to ground. talk away. listen to tears on radio

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Morrigi - 10-19-2013

UrsulaMejor Wrote:glue and solvent. one telecrystal

does not work on people

Let us pray that a traitor never again gets ahold of a banana peel.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - UrsulaMejor - 10-19-2013

Morrigi Wrote:

does not work on people

oh God, that'd be the best ever

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Morrigi - 10-19-2013

UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Morrigi Wrote:

does not work on people

oh God, that'd be the best ever
It could also (unfortunately) be countered by acid-wielding chemists, which would make it balanced.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - icarus - 10-19-2013

something else to keep the New U balanced: every time you get cloned (or if you don't have very much money) it spits out a progressively shittier clone every time

so your first clone will be pretty solid, next one might be a bit defective, third one might be missing a limb or two and after a few more the station spits out a one legged, retarded torso that just wants to stop reviving

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - david2222121 - 10-19-2013

What if we make it run on biomatter like the normal cloner, and have it deploy a reclaimer right next to it? If it runs out of meat you get spat out at whatever level of horridly not-completeness you were at, and you have to try and find something to shove in there for the next time you need die a pointless death.

This would balance out the possibility of some jerk hiding it on the russian shuttle, because he'd need to drag a crate of corpses or whatever over to keep on coming back from the dead, compared to hiding it on the station somewhere which would make it be easier to feed.