Goonstation Forums
Money Spending Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Money Spending Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=4956)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - Sundance - 06-25-2015

FloozyBarge Wrote:
DyssalC Wrote:The irony of a chem called adrenalin, which can put you into cardiac arrest, which you then use epinephrine to get you out of.

Also, the sec stuff should also include a high capacity small energy cell you can use to replace your taser cells.

Epinephrine and Adrenaline are literally the same thing.

It's almost like you pick the most trivial things to discuss about. #wow

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - poland spring - 06-25-2015

I REALLY liked the station upgrade suggestion, could lead to goofy shit like having an entire station made out of gold or something at higher tiers of upgrades

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - RAWK_LAWBSTAR - 06-25-2015

Space is pretty dangerous. The wealthy spaceman needs some more options to keep himself alive out there.

Backpack Buddy
A life saving robotic buddy you can strap to your back. In the event of a severe injury or critical distress your backpack buddy will deploy itself then grab you and haul you to medical so you can be treated immediately. It is a bit heavy though and quite costly, but really, do you want to rely on someone else to get you to medbay while your dying?

Last Resort Auto-Borgification Helmet
Want to head out into space or go on telescience adventures but you're worried about dying? Have no fear, the Emergency Auto-Borgification Helmet will give you a second chance. Upon death the device will transform your lifeless corpse, provided the head is remains intact, into a fully functional light cyborg on the spot within mere minutes.

Cardiac Life Vest
This lightly armored vest comes with a built in defibrillator and health analyzer. When your heart stops beating it will automatically kick into action to bring you back to life.

Emergency Space Bubble
Being thrown in space without a space suit on is pretty much a death sentence. Unless you've got an Emergency Space Bubble in your pocket! The second you deploy it will unfurl a self-sealing insulated plastic bubble around you with a small heater and oxygen supply. It even comes with a space GPS beacon so rescue teams can find you more easily.

Last Testament Implant
This implant will make sure anyone who finds your corpse will know your will or where you buried your secret stash of gold. You can set it to send a prerecorded message upon your death (or at a selected amount after) over the radio or you can set it to proximity mode, which will cause the implant to repeat your will locally when anyone gets within a short distance every so often.

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - poland spring - 06-25-2015

RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote:Last Testament Implant
This implant will make sure anyone who finds your corpse will know your will or where you buried your secret stash of gold. You can set it to send a prerecorded message upon your death (or at a selected amount after) over the radio or you can set it to proximity mode, which will cause the implant to repeat your will locally when anyone gets within a short distance every so often.

I see a lot of fun potential for this one, especially if it makes it look like the corpse is talking

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - Frank_Stein - 06-25-2015

poland spring Wrote:
RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote:Last Testament Implant

I see a lot of fun potential for this one, especially if it makes it look like the corpse is talking

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - BaneOfGiygas - 06-25-2015

RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote:-suggestions suggestions-
I heartily agree with pretty much all of this. I'd love to see more items like the Vape-O-Matic and injector belts, pricey baubles with nifty functions that spacemen who've been diligent with keeping their funds growing (or spacemen who've been diligent with stealing from spacemen who've been diligent with keeping their funds growing) can take advantage of. It's a nice dose of variety.

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - Silvercloud29 - 06-25-2015

I had the idea and suggested it once or twice in that past that mining/QM should be able to work together to buy small mineral magnet setup kits. Kinda like the ones in construction mode. They come with a special RCD that has limited ammo that use used to make the catwalks for the new magnet and the wall to mount the magnet on.

It would be nice to have a way to get value chimps again.

maybe a machine that sells boxed machines. Like nanomeds, value chimps, snack vendors, etc.

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - Anticheese - 06-26-2015

Silvercloud29 Wrote:I had the idea and suggested it once or twice in that past that mining/QM should be able to work together to buy small mineral magnet setup kits. Kinda like the ones in construction mode. They come with a special RCD that has limited ammo that use used to make the catwalks for the new magnet and the wall to mount the magnet on.

It would be nice to have a way to get value chimps again.

maybe a machine that sells boxed machines. Like nanomeds, value chimps, snack vendors, etc.

Its called a "mechanic"

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - VictorMAngoStein - 06-30-2015

Sex_Robot Wrote:There are two types of spending here. Spending budgets and spending wages I get the feeling Gannets is talking about the latter.
I'm totally in favor of embezzling the station budget on gold vuvuzelas and pod racing stripes.

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - RAWK_LAWBSTAR - 07-01-2015

Ultra Magnetic Shoes
Worried a dastardly space predator or an overzealous security officer is going drag you off but you dread the thought of being caught wearing something as gauche as magnetic boots? The NT Spaceman's Choice Catalog has you covered! These stylish pieces of footwear will keep you anchored firmly to the ground come space wind or a hungry changeling and and they come with state of the art clasps to ensure someone doesn't just pull them off while you're out on your ass.
Warning: Do not step on exposed live wires. Do not expose to Electromagnetic pulses as they have been known to conduct the energy into the wearer.

Miniaturized Shield Projector Belt
Shielding technology miniaturized to fit comfortably around your waist that can be activated simply with the flick of your wrist. Once it's turned on the shield generator keep you safe from a wide variety of threats to your person and it has enough battery power to it to last a whole sixty seconds. Replacing the battery is a simple act, just take a screwdriver and pop-off the protective no-shock cover (while wearing insulated gloves) and make the swap. The wearer should not run while wearing the belt otherwise the shield projector will not have time to fully deploy and stabilized the life-saving energy barrier!
Warning: The shield functions both ways. It will not neutralize low velocity, low energy attacks such as sleepy pens, radbows, or gas based attacks. Under no circumstance should the belt be exposed to an electromagnetic pulse or an atmosphere of plasma. Immersing the unit in water has been known to cause fatal electrocution.

GTFO Emergency Tele-belt
You're alone and you're dying despite all your preparations. Most people would be a goner at this point but not someone wearing the GTFO Emergency Tele-belt. This is a belt with a computer activated hand teleported built right into it. Before consciousness leaves you press the easy to use button and you'll be whisked away to the pre-designated teleport beacon. Caution though, be sure not to set it off while you're murderer is right next to you or it'll take that smarmy bastard with you. If you have a health implant, the belt's systems will automatically interface with it and activate it should you enter critical condition.
Warning: Exposure to shocks of any kind, electromagnetic pulses, and telescience long range portals have been known to scramble and unintentionally trigger the tele-belt. Nanotrasen bears no responsibility for whatever hellish dimension you end up in.

Neon Tagging Spray
It can be hard keeping up with all the assholes on the station these days, especially when they're wearing masks, changing shape, or scrambling their DNA. Luckily there is a counter measure. A quick squirt of this bottle and it'll stain your assailant with a vibrantly glowing dye that will make even the most dim-witted security officer able to track that rude jerk down so long as it gets on his skin. If you accidentally get some on yourself, don't worry, just wash it out with alcohol.
Warning: Do not ingest - the dye is mildly radioactive.

Self-Sealing Regenerating Jumpsuit
Made from real aliens, this jumpsuit is snazzy piece of biotechnology that ensure your blood stays in your body by automatically sealing over any cuts by literally integrating itself into your flesh. It'll also fix up minor burns and bruises too. Just make sure to water it every now and then to keep it supple and ready to mend. A heavy lunch might also be a good idea.
Warning: Under no circumstance should the jumpsuit be exposed to hairgrownium, mutadone, unstable mutagen, or Anima.

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - pizzatiger - 07-01-2015

This is probally a really dumb idea but what if we gave people more money to start with but lowered the amount of supplies the station has, This way people have to buy stuff to get what they need and we can build up from there to make a use for money

That or we can have more silly fun time tools like a paint dispenser repair kit!

(i like the second option)

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - misto - 07-03-2015

purchaseable artlab equipment upgrades that let them break apart unwanted artifacts to craft useful ones out of the parts

a buyable bbq for the chef upon which whole animals and crew may be cooked

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - shadowdimentio - 07-04-2015

I want to be able to buy chems. Yes, I'm aware that Pro Puffs exist, but they're hardly a money sink.

I want either a vendor or a merchant that sells rare, unusual, or simply obnoxious to get chems at exorbitant prices, as to deter everyone from running around with stupid shit without at least dedicating some time towards gathering money.

Maybe have it so that the bottles you buy of the chem have some stupid round-specific randomized name like "X-19Q-4" so that you don't know what you're buying until you buy it, but after purchase you know that for the round "X-19Q-4" is actually just radium and not buy it again.

Also for fuck's sake make it so you can buy artifacts. Yes, I know that there's a QM merchant that sells artifacts, but god damnit that guy only sells one kind per round and they SUCK. Make it so after purchase you get a COMPLETELY RANDOM artifact!

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - Frank_Stein - 07-04-2015

shadowdimentio Wrote:I want to be able to buy chems. Yes, I'm aware that Pro Puffs exist, but they're hardly a money sink.

I want either a vendor or a merchant that sells rare, unusual, or simply obnoxious to get chems at exorbitant prices, as to deter everyone from running around with stupid shit without at least dedicating some time towards gathering money.

Maybe have it so that the bottles you buy of the chem have some stupid round-specific randomized name like "X-19Q-4" so that you don't know what you're buying until you buy it, but after purchase you know that for the round "X-19Q-4" is actually just radium and not buy it again.

Also for fuck's sake make it so you can buy artifacts. Yes, I know that there's a QM merchant that sells artifacts, but god damnit that guy only sells one kind per round and they SUCK. Make it so after purchase you get a COMPLETELY RANDOM artifact!
Maybe a second station merchant? As in, there's another station with its own research lab, whipping up chems, finding artifacts, and what not that can be interacted with through a merchant menu. They could have their own requests from the player station and random events happening to them that tie into what items they want/have available for trade and sale.

Re: Money Spending Suggestions - Amuys - 07-06-2015

A house on some nice place on Earth