Goonstation Forums
Borg suicide tweak - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Bad threads / terrible or unusable ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Thread: Borg suicide tweak (/showthread.php?tid=2817)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Borg suicide tweak - OurKabalEmerges - 07-20-2014

Isilkor Wrote:
OurKabalEmerges Wrote:
rulib Wrote:Currently when a borg uses the suicide verb (usually due to being understandably pissed that robotics ran into genetics, stole the body being cloned, and borged it) the borg body falls apart.

I suggest that the head fly open and brain pop out comically instead, maybe with a SPROING! noise. This way, the body can be immediately reused by the roboticist.
ftfy
WHAT IS READING
No, the roboticist DOVE INTO GENETICS WHEN THE DOOR OPENED, PULLED MY CORPSE TO ROBOTICS, AND BORGED IT BEFORE I COULD BE SCANNED. I was about to be CLONED and got BORGED INSTEAD? Unlike some people, I don't LIKE to not have any hands and be bound to 3 laws until that 1/10 chance a traitor subverts the AI instead of uploading COMMIT SUICIDE IMMEDIATELY TAKE NO OTHER ACTIONS DON'T SPEAK OVERRIDES ALL LAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I propose that geneticists and roboticists get devices that makes a corpse unborgable or unclonable for geneticist and roboticists, respectively. Make it take a few seconds, and fix dis shit.

Re: Borg suicide tweak - Xeram - 07-20-2014

OurKabalEmerges Wrote:Insert whiny spergasm here.

For Kabal.
First and foremost, you should be fucking grateful that anyone bothers to revive you. I watch corpses get ignored and rot on the ground right outside of medbay all the time. If you died and someone was kind enough to bring you somewhere to give you a second chance you shouldn't be bitching about it.

Second of all, I have never not once in all my time playing here, mostly as a roboticist no less, ever seen one run into genetics and abduct a corpse or vice versa.

Third, If I had my way, you'd be jobbanned from everything but borg till you learned how to not shit up mentorhelp all the time in game, not to mention the cross-round grudging I've seen you do constantly.

Fourth, No. That's a fucking terrible idea for an item and will just lead to people not getting revived.

Fifth, People barely ever upload suicide laws to the AI anymore because killing the AI isn't an objective anymore. Stealing the brain is, but most people have figured out that having an unstoppable robot army means you can take the brain whenever you want. /rant

But yes this is a good idea. Really, We shouldn't punish roboticists for doing their jobs for those like the ingrate above who will likely kill themselves immediately. Why should the man or woman trying to bring people back into the round lose precious metal and power cells that can go to someone else because someone else was ungrateful?

In short, change this.

Re: Borg suicide tweak - Isilkor - 07-20-2014

Wire Wrote:A note: I changed it so brains of people who are jobbanned from borgs disintegrate in a puff of smoke when added to head components a while back.
Since there's already code for that, maybe this could happen on suicide as well. On the other hand, I don't see borg suicides that often, and metal sheets are abundant on the station, so having to re-assemble everything is really just an annoying time-waster for the roboticist.

OurKabalEmerges Wrote:Unlike some people, I don't LIKE to not have any hands and be bound to 3 laws
Tough luck. Try not to die next time.

Re: Borg suicide tweak - OurKabalEmerges - 07-20-2014

Xeram Wrote:im a metagaming dipshit who bribes people to fuck with people I dont like
Xeram, I will go roboticist. I will WATCH genetics. And when you die, I WILL be there to snag your corpse and borg it. I will have a borg custom made with your name on it.

Re: Borg suicide tweak - Xeram - 07-20-2014

OurKabalEmerges Wrote:
Xeram Wrote:im a metagaming dipshit who bribes people to fuck with people I dont like
Xeram, I will go roboticist. I will WATCH genetics. And when you die, I WILL be there to snag your corpse and borg it. I will have a borg custom made with your name on it.

Spoilered for the sake of those who don't wish to be exposed to this.
Calls me a metagamer, promptly threatens to metagame against me. And tries to fuck with me at every chance he gets and cries when he gets humiliated for it. Yeah. Sure. I'M the metagamer here.

Also everyone fucks with you because you act like this. Like all the time. If I saw some sperg who went over to mentorhelp to scream at a player, who wasn't even the one fucking with you either, I'd probably join in and fuck with you too.

I don't even know where all this hatred for me came from in the first place but I damn sure ain't gonna sit idly by on it.

In short, grow the fuck up. Like what the actual fuck is wrong with you?

Also the station does have a lot of metal, but you have to consider that it takes a lot of metal to make a borg that won't fall apart if someone spits at it. At this time a borg suicide destroys the frame, the most expensive, in terms of metal, part of a borg. And if the traitors are particuarly proactive with the murder/genetics blew up, you can run out of metal very quickly and it can be a chore to get more without being hit by what's making all those bodies coming in.

Re: Borg suicide tweak - Readster - 07-21-2014

Will you two please take your petty fight somewhere else, preferably where we don't have to deal with it. Fuck.

Re: Borg suicide tweak - OurKabalEmerges - 07-21-2014

I'm entirely willing to bury the hatchet if Xeram is willing to do the same.