Goonstation Forums
Remove AEX from merchants on RP. - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Remove AEX from merchants on RP. (/showthread.php?tid=22635)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Remove AEX from merchants on RP. - Emimiyu - 05-16-2024

(05-16-2024, 02:35 PM)Meggal Bozale Wrote: I don't see what an ammo limit does unless someone is decidedly running it into the ground. And to repeat my previous statement, I would rather see the player be addressed before the mechanic they're using. It's not like there aren't many other similarly accessible things that a player could do to burn a station to the ground.

You know what, I might agree with this too after seeing a recent round of space 12 rampage. When antags don't really talk much and just mowing down people with space 12. It seems there is also an issues of traitoring where they would rather prep for a very long time then go all out last minute with not many roleplay room.

It doesn't even have to be AEX, stuff like scientist who would spend long time locking themselves in toxin to make devastating bomb, then bomb the station on rp with minimum RP.

Seeing Kate comment about people who rush debris loot so they can get more money on RP to get rampage item (ie. Aex) or silently draining budget sound like something that is a player issue. It doesn't help that I have seen people abusing merchant and debris/azone loot on RP, lately. Though, idk if this should be saved for another discussion.

Edit : limiting AEX seems like a bandaid solution. I like lethality and chaos in my RP, but not minimum effort RP rampage. Removal/limitation won't stop people from rampaging with space-12 with the least ammount of RP. and this might lead into more people calling removal and nerfs. Then again, if armory buckshot got the "nerf" because of overuse, it might happen to aex eventually.

RE: Remove AEX from merchants on RP. - Wander - 05-16-2024

I still think that the aex should have a limited supply(because infinite powerful shotgun ammo is just questionable to have as an option.) I would definitely agree though that the current issue most are having with the spes 12’s is heavily linked with a recent trend among people to just use the spes12 as the “punchline” to their escalation due to how easy it kills. Other weapons just don’t have the same ease of use and require some thought to use or they are something that does not work as well against security which is why they tend to be looked over. This is to say, people are picking the spes 12 whenever they don’t have a specific idea in mind because it feels like the most viable weapon to use against security or people in general due to things like its ability to fling people into walls then stunlock them to death with successive shots. I think this has been affected also by a general cultural push for antags to be more lethal rather than passive thus moving people towards the more effective ways to kill crew. The “more effective ways” it seems has become the spes 12.

I don’t think ahelping this will necessarily entirely “fix” it since I see plenty of these rampages properly escalated by different people doing stuff like gimmicks rather than just a handful of people. I instead think this is a culture thing that will change with time and the community adapting. For example, if people keep shotgun rampaging, maybe sec will start issuing their own shotguns once they find out there is one aboard. Once people learn that escalation in terms of weapons on their end leads to equal escalation on the crew’s then things may return to a more normal state.

If someone is doing something like rampaging every round without escalation or just using the spes every single time and it is obviously a behavior thing, that can of course be fixed by ahelping. I just think when it is a lot of different people then it is indicative of something else causing it.

RE: Remove AEX from merchants on RP. - Lord_earthfire - 05-16-2024

(05-16-2024, 04:25 PM)Wander Wrote: This is to say, people are picking the spes 12 whenever they don’t have a specific idea in mind because it feels like the most viable weapon to use against security or people in general due to things like its ability to fling people into walls then stunlock them to death with successive shots. I think this has been affected also by a general cultural push for antags to be more lethal rather than passive thus moving people towards the more effective ways to kill crew. The “more effective ways” it seems has become the spes 12.

I feel this raises an intersting point.

If i think about why the spes is so popular on RP is the difference in engagement between classic and RP.

On classic, ganking lone secoffs or crewmembers out of maintenance is commonplace and extremly important. This makes fast and reuseable weaponry very effective, like csaber and redsaw.

On RP, when you pull out a rampage weapon, you are very likely surrounded or heck, have a secoff trying to cuff you. You want weaponry here that have burst and crowd control. You need a fuckton of damage and knockback right here and right now. Wrestling belt or grenades would work, but the spes 12 reigns supreme in these scenarios.

These situations thus require different kits.

RE: Remove AEX from merchants on RP. - NanoDano - 05-22-2024

Keep in mind unless you get lucky obtaining a ton of credits can take some time, and I think rounds should get crazier as they go on to build up to the shuttle call. And while it probably wont happen because security tends to be more coordinated on RP, an officer could totally 1v1 an AEX spes and come out on top.