Goonstation Forums
Can't find an answer on the wiki? Ask here! - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Can't find an answer on the wiki? Ask here! (/showthread.php?tid=48)

Pages: 1 2 3

Can't find an answer on the wiki? Ask here! - Ronnyfire - 09-24-2012

So, in light of everyone going crazy and updating the wiki like madmen, I figured I would open a thread asking people to post questions they cant find the answer too on the wiki, so we can answer them AND update the wiki with this information!

Please follow a little guideline.

* What is your question?
* Where did you think to look for it but not find it (so we have a reasonable idea where to place the answer in the wiki after answering here.)
* Please be sure to actually look on the wiki for an answer before posting here!

Help make the wiki a better place and increase your knowledge of the game so everyone can have a better game!

Re: Can't find an answer on the wiki? Ask here! - Ebumwell - 09-24-2012

How do I change hands?

Please respond.

Re: Can't find an answer on the wiki? Ask here! - Dauntasa - 09-24-2012

Ebumwell Wrote:How do I change hands?

Please respond.
Page up key. Or click on the square for the hand you want.

Re: Can't find an answer on the wiki? Ask here! - Ronnyfire - 09-24-2012

Please respond.

Please do follow guidelines i put above, but.

Page UP, Middle Mouse button(click the scroll wheel) or left click on the hand you want to use.

Dauntasa Wrote:

Please respond.

Roscoe you dongus. You ruined my sarcastic remark.

Ronnyfire Wrote:

Please respond.

Please do follow guidelines i put above, but.

Page UP, Middle Mouse button(click the scroll wheel) or left click on the hand you want to use.

UGH

Re: Can't find an answer on the wiki? Ask here! - Ronnyfire - 09-24-2012

So what you are saying is that some people are actually trying to be helpful too new players or people trying things outside their norm, and you have to go ask sarcastic questions you think are dumb, but are actually legitimate questions people ask. Not only belittling anyone who would ask that question, but also dissuading people from asking questions that they think may be dumb.

Good job bro.

Re: Can't find an answer on the wiki? Ask here! - Furbeh - 09-24-2012

What random events can pandemonium cause, and what are the chances of each thing happening?
I tried looking for it under spells, but there is no spell page.

Ronnyfire Wrote:So what you are saying is that some people are actually trying to be helpful too new players or people trying things outside their norm, and you have to go ask sarcastic questions you think are dumb, but are actually legitimate questions people ask. Not only belittling anyone who would ask that question, but also dissuading people from asking questions that they think may be dumb.

Good job bro.

2D spacemen is very serious.

I'll have you know.

Re: Can't find an answer on the wiki? Ask here! - BlackPhoenix - 09-24-2012

Ebumwell Wrote:
Ronnyfire Wrote:So what you are saying is that some people are actually trying to be helpful too new players or people trying things outside their norm, and you have to go ask sarcastic questions you think are dumb, but are actually legitimate questions people ask. Not only belittling anyone who would ask that question, but also dissuading people from asking questions that they think may be dumb.

Good job bro.

2D spacemen is very serious.

I'll have you know.

The difference between a sperg getting mad and him being annoyed that you made a pointless, mocking post on a forum meant to help new people is as plain as day. His has actual reasonable foundation to be upset upon.

Re: Can't find an answer on the wiki? Ask here! - Dauntasa - 09-25-2012

Ebumwell Wrote:
Dauntasa Wrote:

Please respond.

Roscoe you dongus. You ruined my sarcastic remark.
8-)

Re: Can't find an answer on the wiki? Ask here! - AdenAbrafOfTheO - 09-25-2012

how do fart?////

Re: Can't find an answer on the wiki? Ask here! - atomic1fire - 09-25-2012

Aside from being probably a bad idea to make into a thread (this sort of thing should probably be made into a board, there's too much poo-poo for anyone to get any real answers in this thread because either people get sarcastic or someone's bound to berate others for dumb questions.)

even though I'm not actually sure the fart question isn't a sarcastic one, I'll answer it anyway.

Say *fart to fart

Say *custom for custom emotes

Say *boogie for dancing.

say *help for a list of all the for a list of all the emotes.

Also unrelated question, how does that giant packet sniffer in tech storage work, I've tried messing with it as a tech assistant and I have no idea what I am doing.

Re: Can't find an answer on the wiki? Ask here! - atomic1fire - 09-25-2012

Quote:Say *help for a list of all the emotes

I somehow completely screwed that up as I was typing it, and forgot to change it before I clicked submit.

No edit button to make me look less stupid, but whatever.

Re: Can't find an answer on the wiki? Ask here! - Furbeh - 09-25-2012

Furbeh Wrote:What random events can pandemonium cause, and what are the chances of each thing happening?
I tried looking for it under spells, but there is no spell page.
Anyone? Still no Wizard Spells page on the wiki.