Goonstation Forums
Make the pipe dispenser in the warehouse mobile. - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Make the pipe dispenser in the warehouse mobile. (/showthread.php?tid=3562)

Pages: 1 2

Make the pipe dispenser in the warehouse mobile. - Sam Guivene - 11-18-2014

Lets quickly talk about pipes, they are the primary method of transferring air, garbage, corpses, late joining geneticists, bombs, and grey tiders around the station. They are frequently damaged in bomb blasts, often broken, and disposal pipes cannot be picked up, instead needing to be dragged from the warehouse to whatever point B happens to be, they cannot be put into a crate, cannot be mailed, and cannot be walked over, this is understandable due to there freakishly large size, however this results in a lot more discouragement with repairing the disposals that get broken (its annoying to fix), so what I propose is that we make the disposal pipe generator mobile, so we can construct all the piping we need on site instead of having to move halfway across the station to drag one pipe to its spot of usage, and then repeat this a dozen times because someone was using a 5x5 bomb in medbay lobby. Last time I spent a conceited effort to repair medbays disposals, it took 30 minutes and the bar was bombed during this time as well as escape and genetics.

Please consider doing this, think of all the engineers!

Re: Make the pipe dispenser in the warehouse mobile. - DyssalC - 11-18-2014

Ya, pipe work is a bitch considering the location of the pipe manufacturer and the fact that you can't pick pipes up, only drag and push them.

Making them mobile would solve those problems, and maybe even encourage mechanics to fix broken pipe systems.

Re: Make the pipe dispenser in the warehouse mobile. - RAWK_LAWBSTAR - 11-18-2014

I think a special pipe RCD would be better.

Re: Make the pipe dispenser in the warehouse mobile. - Frank_Stein - 11-18-2014

Let's take this a step up. How about an auto pipe layer? Put it in position, fiddle with the settings to choose type and diection, and have it drop and hook up a pipes below it as you slowly move it.

Re: Make the pipe dispenser in the warehouse mobile. - Paineframe - 11-19-2014

Were you running back and forth across the station to repair those Medbay pipes instead of just using the dispenser in Medbay maint? The pipe dispensers are placed where they are for a reason - they're near the most important and heavily used pipe areas in the station.

Re: Make the pipe dispenser in the warehouse mobile. - Sam Guivene - 11-19-2014

Paineframe Wrote:Were you running back and forth across the station to repair those Medbay pipes instead of just using the dispenser in Medbay maint? The pipe dispensers are placed where they are for a reason - they're near the most important and heavily used pipe areas in the station.
...Theres...theres a dispenser in medbay maint?

Re: Make the pipe dispenser in the warehouse mobile. - DyssalC - 11-19-2014

Sam Guivene Wrote:
Paineframe Wrote:Were you running back and forth across the station to repair those Medbay pipes instead of just using the dispenser in Medbay maint? The pipe dispensers are placed where they are for a reason - they're near the most important and heavily used pipe areas in the station.
Yes, right below the bathroom near medbay.

Re: Make the pipe dispenser in the warehouse mobile. - Sam Guivene - 11-19-2014

DyssalC Wrote:
Sam Guivene Wrote:
Yes, right below the bathroom near medbay.
I... I think I need to go and rethink my life...

Re: Make the pipe dispenser in the warehouse mobile. - Archenteron - 11-19-2014

It still should be mobile, or give the CE a mobile/teleporting/floating one w/remote like how the other heads get portable remote-activated versions of stuff.

Re: Make the pipe dispenser in the warehouse mobile. - Frank_Stein - 11-19-2014

Archenteron Wrote:It still should be mobile, or give the CE a mobile/teleporting/floating one w/remote like how the other heads get portable remote-activated versions of stuff.
Actually, yeah can we give the CE some kind of port-a-worksite? Something to help with repairs and repressurization.

Re: Make the pipe dispenser in the warehouse mobile. - DyssalC - 11-20-2014

Frank_Stein Wrote:
Archenteron Wrote:It still should be mobile, or give the CE a mobile/teleporting/floating one w/remote like how the other heads get portable remote-activated versions of stuff.
Actually, yeah can we give the CE some kind of port-a-worksite? Something to help with repairs and repressurization.
If the CE had special repair based tools I might actually be motivated to play as them. Fixing the station is fun.

Re: Make the pipe dispenser in the warehouse mobile. - UrsulaMejor - 11-20-2014

DyssalC Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:
If the CE had special repair based tools I might actually be motivated to play as them. Fixing the station is fun.
They do? It's called the rcd????

Re: Make the pipe dispenser in the warehouse mobile. - Iatots - 11-20-2014

This could be more like a portable workbench, with blueprints for pipes tools and other stuff, although it does sind kind of OP.
The station also needs a tool to spawn heat transfer pipes, right? Or do only those already on the map work?

Re: Make the pipe dispenser in the warehouse mobile. - DyssalC - 11-20-2014

UrsulaMejor Wrote:
DyssalC Wrote:If the CE had special repair based tools I might actually be motivated to play as them. Fixing the station is fun.
Does he have one in his office meant for him? If you're just talking about the one in EVA that doesn't count, anybody could just come along and grab that.

Re: Make the pipe dispenser in the warehouse mobile. - Frank_Stein - 11-20-2014

DyssalC Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
DyssalC Wrote:If the CE had special repair based tools I might actually be motivated to play as them. Fixing the station is fun.
Does he have one in his office meant for him? If you're just talking about the one in EVA that doesn't count, anybody could just come along and grab that.

He does. I was talking something more automatic, that could be loaded with supplies. Like those things that build rooms.