Goonstation Forums

Full Version: but why
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You have been banned by hokie.
Reason: Labeled a bunch of people with "I'm Gay". Had a shitty attitude when warned. Take some time off to learn why other people (Even LGBT people) could be uncomfortable with being labled I'm gay as a joke.

To try to resolve this matter head to https://forum.ss13.co
This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 3.5 Days.
Myles Murray's lung teeters on the edge of the disposal unit!

This is why people don't like trans or lgbt or 'left' society.
I don't operate on this level, the level where my speech is halted, the level where I can't say what I want to to someone because it's outlawed.
I think this rule stinks and yes I argued for my rights in this 'private server' why? because my rights are important.
While I might not be getting thrown in jail, I'm still serious about the fact that this is the kind of garbage that ruins the fun for everyone, saying the word 'gay' has nothing to do with bigotry, sexism, or racism. It's the nomenclature of our civilization. You can't change history. This is the way things are, Gay is hardly used as an insult nowadays. Your admin violated me far more than I violated anyone else _ever_ by using the word Gay.

(03-26-2019, 04:12 PM)poppy Wrote: [ -> ]You have been banned by hokie.
Reason: Labeled a bunch of people with "I'm Gay". Had a shitty attitude when warned. Take some time off to learn why other people (Even LGBT people) could be uncomfortable with being labled I'm gay as a joke.

To try to resolve this matter head to https://forum.ss13.co
This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 3.5 Days.
Myles Murray's lung teeters on the edge of the disposal unit!

This is why people don't like trans or lgbt or 'left' society.
I don't operate on this level, the level where my speech is halted, the level where I can't say what I want to to someone because it's outlawed.
I think this rule stinks and yes I argued for my rights in this 'private server' why? because my rights are important.
While I might not be getting thrown in jail, I'm still serious about the fact that this is the kind of garbage that ruins the fun for everyone, saying the word 'gay' has nothing to do with bigotry, sexism, or racism. It's the nomenclature of our civilization. You can't change history. This is the way things are, Gay is hardly used as an insult nowadays. Your admin violated me far more than I violated anyone else _ever_ by using the word Gay.

by the way I'm literally transgender, and because of that I found the ban particularly offensive.

if your concern is seriously to prevent the feelings of others being hurt, maybe chill on the banhammer primarily
Your point is that being banned hurt your feelings more than homophobia hurts people?
my point is that this is what causes homophobia
Here's a life lesson: Respect the rules and culture of whatever places you visit. With that, here's another rule: Use theĀ appeal format
I don't think this is what causes homophobia
just because i gave you a life lesson first doesn't mean you have to be a fascist
You're trampling his right to use his private property how he sees fit
you don't think that being strict about your feelings while excusing your own actions based on mob psychology causes homophobia?
What mob psychology are you referring to
a lot of homophobia these days happens because of the openly expressive nature of transgender individuals about their feelings, we live in a world that's rotten to the core and we can let it rot us or simply be better people.
And what does that have to do with calling people gay for no reason other than to act like a 14 year old.
I think you're describing a symptom rather than a cause, if people weren't already prejudiced they wouldn't care about how expressive someone is about that kinda stuff
So your solution to homophobia is to, when prompted to pull off "the greatest prank nanotrasen has ever seen" - to label people as "gay", because somehow labeling someone as gay is humorous to you? being gay as a punchline? that's the prank?
I didn't call anyone gay, I played a clown and put labels on people. If anything, it's literally satire.

I stand by the fact I did nothing wrong, I might have tried to apologize but it still just feels so wrong to be told not to use a word. I'm sorry, you can't make me understand why that's wrong. Because people who let words hurt them never actually grew up past level 14.

I did not walk up to anyone and say 'you're gay' to their face in ooc

I put labels on people, in character, as a clown, as the chosen antagonist.

Funny how labels make us feel right?
You satirised homophobia by ...

lemme check my logs here

emulating it. huh.

I guess i need to learn to be so woke.
Pages: 1 2 3