Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AI-Controlled Humans
Was originally mentioned by someone in my law implants thread, but I am making a separate thread for it. The basic idea is that you can put an AI Interface board (or maybe a new separate item) into a debrained human, then SR or clone them to make an AI-Controlled human shell. This cannot possibly go wrong in any way.
hey i was the one who mentioned the idea

fun fact: the reason i came up with it originally was because of a thought experiment about creating the most deadly controllable character possible. Cyborg upgrades, lots of good genetics superpowers, and the flexibility of being "human" like grasp and equipment combined with the privileges of being "silicon" and AI, like remote control of ship components and nigh-omnipotence of ship activity.
Would make rouge AI more of a threat than it is now, I like it
Make their head explode as soon as they enter crit for BALANCE!
I could see some fun gimmicks coming out of this.

Captain creates an AI clone, and gives it a law to start it's own religion built on technomancy.

The crew decides to give AI a superpowered methed up body and task it with defending the crew from the syndicates. SupermAIn manages to solo most of the syndies with the crews help.

Someone creates SupervillAIn and tasks it with destroying the crew.
Would it count like a shell for AI to go into?

I'm assuming they'd still have regular human blood if theyre SR/cloned human, or would that change?  Would vampires be able to drink from them?
Would a changeling be able to sillystraw an AI human?
Or blobs absorb..
What happens when someone implants the corpseAI? (heath, freedom, mindslave..?)
As a walking gooey corpse would it bleed?  Would the bleeding stop if so? Would they be killed by initirobeedril or sarin if its not really alive in the first place?

The AI/cyborgs can't do certain things due to having no hands, this would give them that ability.  As such i don't think it should be too easy to grant the AI a body.

Come to think of it, robotics could add synthetic flesh to a cyborg to do this so its not so much of a change, but could give them access to using hands.  Granted just synthflesh is easy to get so I don't think doing just that would work...

Granting the AI they own fleshy normalized genetic-superpowered-friendky body that they can go back and forth from shouldn't be easy to do

Sorry i may have gotten carried away...a bit..
(02-04-2018, 05:10 PM)Eibel Wrote: Granting the AI they own fleshy normalized genetic-superpowered-friendky body that they can go back and forth from shouldn't be easy to do
I mean, i don't play that much anymore, but i don't suppose itd be any easier or happen any more often than nerds who are meant to be fleshy becoming genetic supermen.

I had an idea to at least slightly limit it: Make it producible from the robotics fabricator using some mining materials you dont start with. It wouldnt be particularly difficult to get a hold of any minerals as long as someone with mining access (or even just a HoP) was cooperative, but the fact it wouldn't just be sitting out and roundstart and wouldn't be able to be fabricated to begin with would massively cut down on its use, due to the nature of these things. Like how welding fuel in chem dispensers would make bombs way more common even though it's not a wild change at all, it's mostly just psychological.

edit: as for blob and ling, I guess it'd just be like absorbing monkeys.
(02-03-2018, 10:22 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: hey i was the one who mentioned the idea

fun fact: the reason i came up with it originally was because of a thought experiment about creating the most deadly controllable character possible. Cyborg upgrades, lots of good genetics superpowers, and the flexibility of being "human" like grasp and equipment combined with the privileges of being "silicon" and AI, like remote control of ship components and nigh-omnipotence of ship activity.

Wear the crown, armor, waste away. A second soul swaps the minds, a god is made.
Humans and Clones vs the AI, Borgs and Borg Humans?

This is starting to seem awfully familiar.

https://youtu.be/WkwdAl7sroQ?t=160
Remove skull and spine, install cyborg frame and light cyborg head, install brain or brain analogue, install semi-hard-to-obtain synth module, install cyberheart and activate, your synth abomination is now complete.
(02-06-2018, 09:26 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Remove skull and spine, install cyborg frame and light cyborg head, install brain or brain analogue, install semi-hard-to-obtain synth module, install cyberheart and activate, your synth abomination is now complete.

came to suggest almost exactly this sequence. 

also maybe have the meat shell not work with blood chems, because a) too easy to poison an unattended / inactive shell that should be charging or in storage, and b) too overpowered if you juice it up on a million stims.
That seems to work well, the body is dead so it needs internal structures to even work, and a light head would keep it squishy, but maybe too squishy..

The synthmodule can be as easy as hack/emag the fabricators and/or need materials not default loaded, or just be hidden in debris friend /ordered by qm
(02-06-2018, 09:26 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Remove skull and spine, install cyborg frame and light cyborg head, install brain or brain analogue, install semi-hard-to-obtain synth module, install cyberheart and activate, your synth abomination is now complete.

The cool thing about this is that you can not only use it to make AI-Controlled humans, but can also debrain someone, do this to their body, then put their brain back in to create an augmented superhuman.