Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bring Back Waldo Rounds
I posted this in the questionable ideas thread buuuuut FUCK IT I AM MAKING IT'S OWN THREAD

In a nutshell, for those who do not know: From what I know, Waldo was a pacifist antagonist who's only goal was to stay hidden as long as possible, and his only power was spawning a decoy to distract the crew. Meanwhile, there was also a Wizard named Odlaw who had normal wizard powers and who's only goal was to distract the crew from finding Waldo. The crew was simply given the objective to find Waldo, but rounds usually ended with them violently murdering him instead.

This sounds extremely fun to me and I am very sad it was removed before I started playing. Coders please bring back Waldo rounds.
Right? I really wanna be a Waldo sometime
I want to try them, so I'll agree to have this back but rarely, like as rare as Gang or something.
Oh boy.

Another mode.

Where someone hides behind walls.

Or fucks off into space.

How bout no?
but is waldo in the code. if so. where's waldo?
(11-25-2017, 11:48 PM)Technature Wrote: Oh boy.

Another mode.

Or fucks off into space.

How bout no?

Give Waldo spacephobia and that vampire shit where cosmic rays melt him to bits. 
now he stays on the station.
From what I remember Waldo had to stay on the station. If that was never the case and just me remembering something that never happened then nevermind. Waldo should not leave station.
Idea: Waldo wins when they've accumulated enough points from staying alive. They earn points at a faster rate based on how close they are to other people
(11-26-2017, 10:29 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:

Another mode.

How bout no?

Give Waldo spacephobia and that vampire shit where cosmic rays melt him to bits. 
now he stays on the station.

Edited my post to still address something that happens every time revolution happens.
(11-26-2017, 03:35 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Idea: Waldo wins when they've accumulated enough points from staying alive. They earn points at a faster rate based on how close they are to other people

I like this, Waldo could be restricted or pushed in the right direction depending on how many points they get.
-Not wearing his hat limits the amount of points Waldo gets.
-Occasionally Waldo gets a voice in his head telling him to go hide in a certain area for a set amount of time. If he does, he gets a bonus.
-Staying in one area for too long reduces the amount of points Waldo gets, until the area doesn't give any points at all. Waldo can come back after a few minutes, but he gets more points by moving around.
-Primary hallways and areas with all access will always give more points than restricted areas.
Waldo oughta get some abilities to help them hide and misdirect

For instance, coloring objects and areas the same red and white pattern, or creating False Waldos as decoys

Maybe temporary disguises as different objects, but all still wearing Waldo's signature hat and glasses

How do people feel about a large reward for winning as a Waldo and/or being the one to kill them?

Maybe a large amount of spacebux, being turned into a wizard, or even an antag token to be redeemed later?
(04-18-2017, 11:10 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: lol

(I scrolled down and saw this in my post bar. Didn't quote it. The heck, Ze. Stop haunting me nerd.)

Odlaw is the real star here, let's be honest. That white n' red fellow is just a hack.

Anyways, Waldo mode's a bit odd. I just don't think it works. It'd be better to create a new mode and leave Waldo to nostalgia and neat clothing.
(11-27-2017, 09:39 AM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(04-18-2017, 11:10 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: lol

(I scrolled down and saw this in my post bar. Didn't quote it. The heck, Ze. Stop haunting me nerd.)

Odlaw is the real star here, let's be honest. That white n' red fellow is just a hack.

Anyways, Waldo mode's a bit odd. I just don't think it works. It'd be better to create a new mode and leave Waldo to nostalgia and neat clothing.

lol

Yeah, I like the concept of this mode but it's a bit lacking in substance.
(11-28-2017, 05:12 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: it's a bit lacking in substance.
Can you define substance?

Does it need more violence, or rather something to stop people from just disassembling the entire station for ease of searching?
Or more of a gradient for success rather then 'is waldo alive? No -> game over.'?
Or a gradient challenge, so easy to hide at first, but increasingly difficult as the round drags on?

Another mode.

Or fucks off into space.

How bout no?

Just like Rev and Syndie just make it so they automatically lose if they leave the station/z-level. That issue is so easy to fix. (Assuming heads who do this on Rev lose now it's been ages since my last rev round so sorry if I am not correct.)