Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
that chair flip thing
Can we please debuff this it's getting kind of silly having everyone carry around chairs because it's a near-guaranteed stun
My opinion: Have being in the grab intent cause it to fail for the chair stunner as you do a reversal on them
have it be so if your intent is set to catch something you can catch the people flipping off a chair at you in your arms
how does everybody feel about adding a ~1 second delay to climb on top of a chair? (a progress bar action, like handcuffing someone)
Just beat the shit out of idiots carrying chairs around. Plus when you see someone doing this, it's super obvious. Bait the flip and beat their face in, or bum rush them as they put the chair down and give them space justice.

The only thing that should be nerfed is the ability to magically move around while standing on a rolling chair. Or if you do it, have it so you fall and break your neck and die.

Also, I might be wrong, but I think you can stand up and flip despite being buckled. That has always seemed dumb.

If you MUST nerf this, how about adding the delay to metal chairs only, because they are wobbly. Couches would remain instant.
(09-24-2017, 10:50 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: have it be so if your intent is set to catch something you can catch the people flipping off a chair at you in your arms

[Image: 6373426.jpg?size=640x420]
Implement this so I can do this.
what if throwing any object at someone standing on a chair could topple them to the floor for a short stun?
(09-24-2017, 10:50 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: have it be so if your intent is set to catch something you can catch the people flipping off a chair at you in your arms

Into an aggressive grab. So you can throw them, strangle or suplex them immediately afterwards.

That and reduce the stun inflicted on victims so it's impossible to stunlock people with it.
(09-25-2017, 12:03 AM)mbc Wrote: how does everybody feel about adding a ~1 second delay to climb on top of a chair? (a progress bar action, like handcuffing someone)

sounds good to me
(09-25-2017, 12:33 AM)mbc Wrote: what if throwing any object at someone standing on a chair could topple them to the floor for a short stun?

Is a much better idea than

(09-25-2017, 12:03 AM)mbc Wrote: how does everybody feel about adding a ~1 second delay to climb on top of a chair? (a progress bar action, like handcuffing someone)

in my honest opinion.
If you add a progress bar/delay to this then it would completely lose any and all of its practicality in real combat. As it is right now, supplexes are the only guaranteed way to level the playing field and to catch up to a person who keeps running away and you keep tailing him - even tazers are too slow to catch up.

In fact, call me biased, but I absolutely adore the idea of chairflipping and would like more "environment-utilized combat moves" to appear, for example, knocking over a stool to create an incredibly weak "banana peel" trap which might only standing-stun and force drop active item.

I believe encouraging a more "on-the-field" approach as opposed to "prepared for everything under the sun kleptomaniac" will make the combat feel a lot more fair and even-grounded, though it has to strike that balance that won't invalidate either approach.
^ I agree. Both with preferring tossing items to knock people down and the general idea of more MacGyver combat
Did it get buffed or something? Chairflipping is very Goon. It's also one of the few alternatives to "get armed or get fucked". It'd be nice to have a counter for it, though.
(09-25-2017, 03:41 AM)Crystalwarrior Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 12:33 AM)mbc Wrote: what if throwing any object at someone standing on a chair could topple them to the floor for a short stun?

Is a much better idea than

in my honest opinion.
If you add a progress bar/delay to this then it would completely lose any and all of its practicality in real combat. As it is right now, supplexes are the only guaranteed way to level the playing field and to catch up to a person who keeps running away and you keep tailing him - even tazers are too slow to catch up.

In fact, call me biased, but I absolutely adore the idea of chairflipping and would like more "environment-utilized combat moves" to appear, for example, knocking over a stool to create an incredibly weak "banana peel" trap which might only standing-stun and force drop active item.

I believe encouraging a more "on-the-field" approach as opposed to "prepared for everything under the sun kleptomaniac" will make the combat feel a lot more fair and even-grounded, though it has to strike that balance that won't invalidate either approach.

Agreed. While I agree that chairflipping can be pretty nuts, I'd rather it be nerfed with something to counter it instead of making it less practical in general.

Hm. Course, the window between that jerk getting on the chair to when they've leapt into the air is pretty narrow if they're going for a mid-combat chairflip. I'd see it being mostly viable against people who prepare chairflips a traps.

Then again! It takes a moment to set up a chairflip. Gotta go to a chair and drag yourself onto it. Would be enough time to get out of range to throw something at them.

Also, I think chairflips and suplexes stun you both for the same amount. Trouble comes in when one of the wrastlin' dorks is full of stims. Could be prevented with pre-dosing sugar/coffee/cigs or good old-fashioned meth, but that's not always ideal and makes you (me) look like an idiot.

An aspect of this counter that occurs to me: The person on the chair could counter the counter by catching the item

Which makes this idea even more popular since it could potentially create a situation of a person on a chair rapidly catching things thrown at them. The clown's juggling ability would really come in handy for them
Why the hell would throwing something be a counter, it takes way less time to drop the chair and flip onto someone than it does to realize that's happening, pick something up, and throw it

I know y'all want yo keep your win button but this is silly