Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else use a set loadout they've made for a job?
for chef it's a rolling pin
for pretty much any job i go:

-fanny pack + full tools
-spectrogoggles
-fire extinguisher, baseball bat if i can reach it
-flashlight + packed emergency o2 tank in pockets
-spaced rum if i get to be a head
-boxing gloves

pretty much the all purpose mainttider kit for doing anything ranging from breaking into places, breaking people, surviving getting spaced and shitty chemistry!
Clown:
>Some sort of backpack AND a funny pack
=>Box full of tools
=>Spare box
=>Pair of Peels
=>Fire extinguisher
=>Whatever I have "Found" and kept.
>Boxing Gloves
>WORKING sunglasses
>Some sort of Space Suit
>A Yellow helmet, or captain's hat.
>PDA with ID in ID slot,
>Sec PDA may be in pockets

Staff assistant: 
>black clothes
>Black Cape
>Tool belt (W. tools)
>Boxing gloves
>Gas mask OR clown mask
>Anti-flash Glasses
>backpack
=>Box/Belt full of flashbangs, cleaning, Firefighting, and Metal foam 'nades
>PDA with ID in my ID slot
Powergaming loadouts are for Nerds. A fashionable outfit is waaaaaaaaaay more important than not dying horribly.
As Sec, I like to carry at least one flashbang with me.

My pockets used to be a flash and oxy tank, but lately I've just been keeping the flash on the belt and keeping a flashlight in the other pocket. The extra light helps a lot when you don't grab the PDA module.

I also like to preemptively open my PDA window up and move it to the right so it'll reopen there later, maybe even get the portabrig app already open
wait actually i powergame as clown because playing clown is a disadvantage and a prepared clown is funnier than a dead one.

funny pack, empty at round start. one of the big white air tanks on my back, or a jetpack if i can get one. gas mask (usually swat) under my space helmet. space suit in funny pack. fire extinguisher, 2 first aid kits, any weapons i find, in the funny pack.

i sacrifice the mask to keep the rest alive. besides the mask is the least important clown gear
As a security officer I grab a donut or two, since they heal you when you eat them! They can save your life.
Sec Officer: 
Police Uniform
Sec Belt
Baton+Taser
Flash
Beepskys hat and Jacket 

Everyone thinks i'm an inspector but it's too stylish to pass up damnit.
(08-31-2017, 01:05 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: wait actually i powergame as clown because playing clown is a disadvantage and a prepared clown is funnier than a dead one.

funny pack, empty at round start. one of the big white air tanks on my back, or a jetpack if i can get one. gas mask (usually swat) under my space helmet. space suit in funny pack. fire extinguisher, 2 first aid kits, any weapons i find, in the funny pack.

i sacrifice the mask to keep the rest alive. besides the mask is the least important clown gear

See I think the opposite, I think you can't remove your mask as clown, even to save your own life. Essentially like a set of ai laws.(I just suck it up and take the death it may deal)
1. You shall not remove your clown attire or allow your attire to be removed by the result of your action trumps all other laws
2. Honk
3. Fart
I think if the character looks clown-y enough they can take off the mask. Wearing something that clashes with the clown suit is a far worse crime.
Nah. Not wearing a clown's regalia means you're not a clown is a ruling passed down from ancient times. You can still be funny, but you're not a clown.

I'll admit, there was a time when I wanted the clown mask to be made a breathmask, but that was a kneejerk reaction to a change in atmos that made breaches kill you in 10 seconds flat. Right now it's super manageable.
My usual loadout for most jobs consists of a full toolbelt or at least a crowbar to open doors if there is a power shortage and some sunglasses, even if I think there are mostly non-functional ones around.

Job-specific I always grab spectroscopic goggles and a reagent scanner as a chef, barman or botanist, because I want to see what nasty stuff is in the things I serve my victims ... err ... customers.  metaironysarcasm quoting

As detective just my revolver, one or two flashes and handcuffs. Most useful if you are the only security related person around and hell breaks loose. Also, a medikit and the black fedora that goes well with the "Inspector´s Outfit" reward that I always use as detective.

As a clown I take a satchel and gather whatever I can steal or find to play pranks or just annoy the people. I also often try to get the QM to order me some paint cans to color my clown costume and other things in funny ways - it never worked for me before.  :cb:
I find it difficult to play any job without my One True Chosen Loadout:

belt
all the tools (crowbar, wrench, wirecutters, multi-tool, screwdriver, welding torch)
miscellaneous other tool (chef = knife, mechanic = scanner, etc etc)
welding mask, flipped up
upgraded prodocs

It doesn't matter if I never plan on using any of that shit but I just feel better with it on my person. I'm weak.
I'm the kind of person that likes to play dress up, so depending on the job I get, I'm gonna be looking through lockers and what have you to knock 'em dead. I have almost like a unique outfit for each job I play on the regular.
where's cherry fields at