Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI pod turrets
Me and SpyGuy were talking about this a while ago and I only just remembered to make a thread. What if the AI turrets acted like a weapon that was put into them, specifically pod weaponry. The round start one would still be what it is now, say it's like, the caps e-gun but for AI's. The weapons can be removed and swapped (maybe make it so removing the round start ones either poops out an e-gun or 'self destructs' the weapon as you pop it out) with other pod weaponry.

Want to kind of stop a bad AI? Replace it's turrets with the sec pod taser things. Want to surprise the AI by doing a prank while it's not looking? Replace it's turrets with HE grenade launchers! Subverted the AI and want it to have more security? Hook up those good pod lasers to it!
The current lethal turret lasers are the 'good pod lasers', though. Anything else would be a downgrade, and AI doesn't need any more nerfs.

Also every head would begin the round by heading to the AI chamber and looting the turrets for free eguns.
(05-27-2017, 01:08 AM)Roomba Wrote: The current lethal turret lasers are the 'good pod lasers', though. Anything else would be a downgrade, and AI doesn't need any more nerfs.

Also every head would begin the round by heading to the AI chamber and looting the turrets for free eguns.

1. I mean replace it so it's JUST the lasers

2. That's why the second option of having it 'self destruct' would work
replacing it so its just the lasers isnt great either, because stunning is still a valuable option in even a rogued ais arsenal ei to get em to stop moving and thus be actually hit by the lasers

however, i get where youre coming from with increased interactivity

mechanics has those gun holder machines, right? why not have the optiontoturn those into turrets that behave like the ais rather than how they are now, pointing in only one direction