Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
State Of The Goonion - Communication is key!
Hello players of this great and glorious spaceman fart game. Today I'd like to talk to you (yes YOU) about a few topics that have recently been at the forefront of community attention. This is going to be a big ol' effortpost so strap in.

Coder Communication
First up is the big one, coders communicating changes with the playerbase. Essentially there isn't much more to say beyond "you're right", we should discuss this stuff with you guys more often. We're honestly sorry that we let this slip by and we're going to make it a very solid point to communicate changes way more often and especially before we actually make them. This includes addressing feedback in a more timely manner. We hear ya.

Recent Playercounts
It's no secret that playercounts have been low lately, we know. A lot of this is timing (I'm told it's some sort of exam season for our young whippersnapper players) whereas a part of it is also the current state of the game in terms of features. We agree with a lot of player's assessment that we are sorely needing new game-modes and improvements to existing game-modes, as well as just new features in general. Unfortunately the issue here leads on to my next point.

Coder Activity
We've kinda hit a point in time wherein all the shitty planets have aligned and almost all of the coders are dealing with real-life stuff. As a result, development of new features and even bugfixes has slowed way down. We're looking at approaching more people for coder roles but this is a moderately timely process so please have patience. Also note that while development may be down, we DO still read your ideas, suggestions and bug reports.

Future Updates
It is my hope to keep these sort of community updates as a sort of regular thing, so expect to see more posts like this in the future (however, probably not as long winded...). Also we encourage people to bring up additional issues that we may have missed in this post and we will endeavour to respond in an actual timely manner for once.
Heart 
Thank you.
(05-12-2017, 11:05 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Thank you.
wire for president 2020

this is a very good initiative
What an excellent post, this nicely ties up recent issues. Thanks Wire.
(05-12-2017, 11:06 AM)HydroFloric Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 11:05 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Thank you.
I think there needs to be more of an incentive during the actual round that gets players more involved
god bless us every one
Yes yes, a thread everyone can agree with
:golfclap:
Well, this is good.
Thumbs Up 
Tip of the Hat
I would like some admin feedback on this. Maybe it's not such a bad idea to make very controversial but temporary changes for a pre-determined time frame? For example: Remove pull slow for a day. Or: Disable cloning for a day. Stuff like that. I think it is worth doing just for the change of pace it would bring.
(05-12-2017, 12:15 PM)Prichard Wrote: I would like some admin feedback on this. Maybe it's not such a bad idea to make very controversial but temporary changes for a pre-determined time frame? For example: Remove pull slow for a day. Or: Disable cloning for a day. Stuff like that. I think it is worth doing just for the change of pace it would bring.

I (personally) think this is a good idea, however I'd like to do some things before then, like an in-game persistent survey tool so players can give feedback without heading to the forums.
(05-12-2017, 12:19 PM)Wire Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 12:15 PM)Prichard Wrote: I would like some admin feedback on this. Maybe it's not such a bad idea to make very controversial but temporary changes for a pre-determined time frame? For example: Remove pull slow for a day. Or: Disable cloning for a day. Stuff like that. I think it  is worth doing just for the change of pace it would bring.

I (personally) think this is a good idea, however I'd like to do some things before then, like an in-game persistent survey tool so players can give feedback without heading to the forums.
Maybe just a popup when you join the game with some buttons to push like the ass day pop up?
(05-12-2017, 12:28 PM)Musketman12 Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 12:19 PM)Wire Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 12:15 PM)Prichard Wrote: I would like some admin feedback on this. Maybe it's not such a bad idea to make very controversial but temporary changes for a pre-determined time frame? For example: Remove pull slow for a day. Or: Disable cloning for a day. Stuff like that. I think it  is worth doing just for the change of pace it would bring.

Maybe just a popup when you join the game with some buttons to push like the ass day pop up?

Yeah essentially. I'd like to make it SLIGHTLY fancy though. This is goonstation after all.