Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
video game discussion dome
(01-03-2017, 07:54 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: INSIDE
I recently played through INSIDE and was fairly impressed. It's from the creators of LIMBO and has the same eerie atmosphere and playstyle but it's beautifully put together and really smooth. Definitely worthwhile for a short game.

SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition
still being developed
Text based roguelike with ASCII artwork and goofy storyline. Each character is given a unique backstory that's randomly generated. Usually involves being assaulted with a potato at some point. I've played this quite a bit and it's replay value is great. I've yet to beat it though...

The Long Dark
still in Alpha but plays like a finished game
Survive in a world after a catastrophic geomagnetic storm has caused some trouble with the weather and makes it a bit brisk outdoors. Beautiful visuals. Wolves, dear, bears, and bunnies. You can hunt and trap so far and they just revamped the clothing crafting system. This game has been fun to watch grow and test your survoval skills. I had a night that I went out to scavenge for wood, got lost in some foothills during a blizard, started freezing and decided to build a fire behind a cliff face to warm myself up and wait for the storm to pass....too bad it would last all night and through most of the next day and that I had wandered into a hunting ground for a pack of wolves. The night was spent wandering out into the trees scavenging sticks and branches to keep my fire burning and running back to the fire to grab a brand and fight off wolf attacks. Good times.

Darkwood  
another one still being developed but plays well
Dark, mysterious, creepy, dark, oh and it's creepy and mysterious too! Just watch the trailer for this one:

Factorio  
Again the trailer does a better job of giving you an idea of the scale of this game. Seemingly endless landscape, an isometric view, interesting concept, and so much to discover/learn/create. Automation is your friend and if watching machinery do its thing is soemthing that appeals to you then this game will be oh so satisfying.

the long dark and factorio are super fun!!! i only had an early version of the beta for long dark but then had to reset my computer, so maybe ill get it again soon. factorio i played at my brothers for many hours

edit: now I really want to get factorio again why you do this
i'm currently doing a second playthrough of Dragon's Dogma after playing something else that made me want to go back and make a pro big weapon man. i forgot that Warrior in dragon's dogma isn't really a rewarding skillman as much as it is a reminder that you should be playing assassin or strider, though. Argh!

the port is good and runs well at a constant 60 fps on high settings even on hardware that's a few years old. the visuals are dated due to it being a port but there's nothing that will ruin it unless you have special eyes. it's also a fun game, though you'll either miss just about everything(there are a LOT of missables) your first time through or end up with a severely underpowered arisen due to not playing through optimally. i'd recommend missing a few quests the first time to focus on character growth and then looking them up the second time through when you're not in a huge rush to avoid leveling too much. the game also will not tell you what augments your currently played class is missing at your current vocation level, or what other classes have available at any point in their development. for that reason, i'd recommend looking through the pages of augments on the wikia and then browsing away from it to avoid too many spoilers. don't blow all your discipline points on core skills you won't even be using, wolves hunt in packs, they're weak to ice and fire both, stick to the roads, let's be rid of the snake first, it's a fine day with you around.

it also just came off of what i think was a 50% off sale on steam so if you're strapped for cash i'd watch for it to hit that price point or lower.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2.
The game was made by Obsidian Entertainment, of Fallout: New Vegas fame, but was rushed to production when it was first released, leaving it with large chunks of content carved out and left sitting unused the files. Due to the efforts of some enterprising modders over the years, these parts have been restored inside the TSL: Restored Content Mod.

I absolutely love this game and i must've put hundreds of hours into over the course of my life, even though my steam library doesn't show it since i originally had the disk.
The plot is great, the characters are memorable and it's got a dark sense of humour at times. Even though it's optional i would recommend you repair the damaged droid in the ships closet. He's one of the best characters in the entire Star Wars universe.

Mod Link: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file...ntent-mod/
Game Link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/208580/
Dishonored 2:
Did you like dishonored 1? Play dishonored 2, it's more of that with nicer enviroments, more stuff to find and (depending on who you play as) more fun powers to use.

However it's launch was awful because of performance issues but I didn't run into anything except the occasional crash on my beefy new PC

Metal Gear Solid 5: The unexpected christmas present from a friend
this game is stupid
no comment
Double action : bogaloo
double action is a free and a fun game that is just you and some other people jumping around sliding and shooting people sometimes in slow motion and it is just fun for being free and this small 

Fist full of frags 
another f2p game that is multiplayer but this one is a cowboy themed and less john whoo hoo kinda jump all over the place in slow motion style game but its just a cowbay shooter where you can just shoot people with dualvielded revolvers and drink some whiskey and just have fun

I think we should try to get a group together and play some multiplayer games but now some non multiplayer games that i play a lot

Teleglitch Die more edition
telelglitch is one of those hard games like darksouls and uhhh... stalker? for being that game from its genre that is a lot harder than other games, it its a top down rogue like with perma-death its fast paced with sci-fi elements and kinda doom like story but not really

Nuclear throne
nuclear throne is a permadeath game with something i cant explain this one proper but its a top-down shoot stuff get rads and mutate (its just the way you level up) adn get better guns with diffrent characters and daily and weekly challenges to test your skill
(01-04-2017, 08:49 PM)CaptainBravo Wrote: i'm currently doing a second playthrough of Dragon's Dogma after playing something else that made me want to go back and make a pro big weapon man. i forgot that Warrior in dragon's dogma isn't really a rewarding skillman as much as it is a reminder that you should be playing assassin or strider, though. Argh!

Magick Archer 4 lyfe
who hyped for resident evil 7
i picked up enter the gungeon on the steam sale and it is now one of my favorite rougelikes

also come play runescape with me
(01-07-2017, 09:58 PM)zcamperz Wrote: also come play runescape with me

I got burned out on runescape.

14 years ago.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
runescape was the first place I used the username lambskin, way back in the classic version. Does anyone play Battlefield 1 on ps4? if so, PM me so we can shoot some mans together.
(01-08-2017, 09:17 AM)lambskin Wrote: runescape was the first place I used the username lambskin, way back in the classic version. Does anyone play Battlefield 1 on ps4? if so, PM me so we can shoot some mans together.

ill have battlefield 1 soon, i think
(01-07-2017, 09:12 PM)Megapaco Wrote: who hyped for resident evil 7

After the last two RE games and how this one seems like another VR gimmick I'm not hyped at all.
(01-08-2017, 04:12 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 09:12 PM)Megapaco Wrote: who hyped for resident evil 7

After the last two RE games and how this one seems like another VR gimmick I'm not hyped at all.

I didn't like 6 but I actually enjoyed 5. Even though it was pretty much an action shooter I still found it pretty fun to play with my pals. The horror element though was pretty absent. While 7 looks a little gimmicky with the vr I think it still has potential to be spooky as the first couple games.
im nearly finished with my yearly playthrough of vampire the masquerade bloodlines

it's a great game that everyone should play at least once. make sure you get the latest unofficial patch as it makes the game actually playable and not a broken, buggy heap of shit. (i'd also recommend saving malkavian/nosferatu for a 2nd or 3rd playthrough. malkavian for story reasons and nosferatu for gameplay reasons as you get a masquerade violation if you're seen by a regular human forcing you to use the city's sewer system.)
(01-11-2017, 10:02 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: im nearly finished with my yearly playthrough of vampire the masquerade bloodlines

it's a great game that everyone should play at least once. make sure you get the latest unofficial patch as it makes the game actually playable and not a broken, buggy heap of shit. (i'd also recommend saving malkavian/nosferatu for a 2nd or 3rd playthrough. malkavian for story reasons and nosferatu for gameplay reasons as you get a masquerade violation if you're seen by a regular human forcing you to use the city's sewer system.)

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit i remember that from when i was like literally 6 dude! that's what it's called, that's right. adding that to my list of games to get. thanks