Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Several Possible Items
Syndicate Playing cards: A Set of slightly Modified playing cards each of which has a single use power attached to it. Examples: King - Single use E-mag, Queen - Temp mindslaves one person, Jack - Stuns Everyone Around the User, Clown - Glues someone into a clown suit, Mime - Mutes and Deafens someone.

molotov Cocktail: A Bottle Filled with Liquids has Bandages added to it, When a Flame is used on it the Item becomes "active" By which I mean It Breaks and Attempts to set all the Contents on fire. Decent Mixes will include Welding Fuel, Oil, Plasma, booze, or Other very Flammable Substances.

Homemade Spear: What it Says on the Discount Dan's Bottle, Made by Combining Either a Broken Bottle or a shiv with a Rod of Some Sort of metal.

Shiv: made by Combining a Shard of Glass with some bandages, Works like a much more concealable Knife when you lack one.

Custom Material sword: A C-Saber you can't Fold up But can Strap to your back or belt in a sheath. its made of Blade, Hilt, the Guard parts.
I am totally with the cards.
i kind of like the sword idea, as long as its super obvious on the persons sprite and/or has a delay to draw/swing the sword.

also we have spears already
How about traitor tarot cards? Tarot cards are always fun to work with.

Though, coding unique effects for each card could be rather annoying from a coder's perspective.
For the Tarot deck, I'm imagining a set of cards that you throw at people as weapons. 52 basic cards - Boxes, Bombs, Bees and Butts - which do 1 to 13 brute, burn, toxin or oxygen damage based on number and suit respectively. King of Butts is 13 oxygen damage if you're hit with it. Only the trump cards would have special effects.
Magic evil tarot cards would be fun, albeit dumb and complicated to implement yeah
Im digging the custom swords
[Image: Gambit442.jpg]
(12-23-2016, 11:25 PM)Grek Wrote: For the Tarot deck, I'm imagining a set of cards that you throw at people as weapons. 52 basic cards - Boxes, Bombs, Bees and Butts - which do 1 to 13 brute, burn, toxin or oxygen damage based on number and suit respectively. King of Butts is 13 oxygen damage if you're hit with it. Only the trump cards would have special effects.

that sounds kind of neat
The cards idea is very similar to Dungeons and Dragons "deck of many things".
This deck, similarly themed to tarot cards, has effects for each card drawn but often disappears after a set number of cards are drawn.
This could have an element of randomness and unpredictability akin to the deck of many things, as you wouldn't know which 5 or so cards you would draw in that given round, and could even be themed as a deck of many things in game.

Could be an alternate kind of "choose my traitor style for me" to the surplus crate.
(12-23-2016, 07:51 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: Custom Material sword: A C-Saber you can't Fold up But can Strap to your back or belt in a sheath. its made of Blade, Hilt, the Guard parts.

There is actually a prototype of Keelin's (I think it was him atleast) fancy alternative weapon system, one of which is a sword that does a 3-tile slice attack.

No idea if they planned for it to be craftable using the material system or not.
(12-28-2016, 02:18 PM)Grifflez Wrote:
(12-23-2016, 07:51 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: Custom Material sword: A C-Saber you can't Fold up But can Strap to your back or belt in a sheath. its made of Blade, Hilt, the Guard parts.

There is actually a prototype of Keelin's (I think it was him atleast) fancy alternative weapon system, one of which is a sword that does a 3-tile slice attack.

No idea if they planned for it to be craftable using the material system or not.

Oh man, I really can't wait for more materials stuff to be added, it's kinda limited at the moment.
since custom items came up, craftable helmets!
 to add to the idea of cards, another idea would be a deck of normal playing cards,but it have a super sharp edge. as you would have 52 of these i think they should do laughable brute damage, but give it a moderate bleed and get stuck in the body, like a bullet, so they cannot be reused
Another Suggestion Which I Might add to the OP, Water Guns: Basically Flamethrowers without Igniters you "Pump"(Click in hand Repeatedly) to refill the Air tank and can be Stored in backpacks or Pockets. Biggest advantage: Beepsky won't Flip out on you for using one, although the HOS might for Pointing one at him.
(12-28-2016, 05:00 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: Another Suggestion Which I Might add to the OP, Water Guns: Basically Flamethrowers without Igniters you "Pump"(Click in hand Repeatedly) to refill the Air tank and can be Stored in backpacks or Pockets.  Biggest advantage: Beepsky won't Flip out on you for using one, although the HOS might for Pointing one at him.

fun fact: you can fill a flamethrower with liquid weed, not light the thrower, and spray weed at people. makes them really high for a tiny bit