Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Playable headspiders and transposed particle fields
With all the playable critters we have been adding recently, with the wizards Polymorph spell and the changeling's handspiders, I suggest that we add a bit to that:
A. When a changeling releases a headspider the hivemind master will take control of the spider, where it will behave like a handspider, but with gnaw replaced with crawling down the victim's throat.
B. If you get turned into a transposed particle field from wearing the obsidian crown for too long, you would be able to play as the field and go around the station as a spooky science ghost.
I'm a fan of the headspider. Not so much for the particle field - it would be a way for someone to make themselves an antagonist.
(12-23-2016, 02:45 PM)Firebarrage Wrote: I'm a fan of the headspider. Not so much for the particle field - it would be a way for someone to make themselves an antagonist.

This is how I feel about it. Headspider would be nice and make it more useful.

Science ghost would just get run into the ground from people wanting a free go at being an antag.
the point of the obsidian crown is that it kills you, controlling the resultant particle field would utterly neuter it mechanically and thematically
I'd be okay with the transposed particle field being a silly fatal meatcube reskin. The crew isn't robust enough to science ghost properly.
(12-23-2016, 04:49 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: I'd be okay with the transposed particle field being a silly fatal meatcube reskin. The crew isn't robust enough to science ghost properly.

This is a good idea. To stop it from being abused make player controlled science ghosts harmless, peharbs with a visual distinction between player and npc ones.
For Example: the Player one Looks like the Player did.
(12-23-2016, 02:46 PM)Darkchis Wrote:
(12-23-2016, 02:45 PM)Firebarrage Wrote: I'm a fan of the headspider. Not so much for the particle field - it would be a way for someone to make themselves an antagonist.

This is how I feel about it. Headspider would be nice and make it more useful.

Science ghost would just get run into the ground from people wanting a free go at being an antag.

then....then.......what if.........just..........what if..........

what if it was like the vampire/werewolf serum where you don't become an antagonist if you become the science ghost 

i hope this breakthrough in thought will help this idea come closer to fruition
The playable science ghost should be able to talk, but with a chance (and by chance I mean 100%) it gets that fucked up slidey resized text thing applied to it/parts of their words being garbled.
(12-24-2016, 02:01 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: then....then.......what if.........just..........what if..........

what if it was like the vampire/werewolf serum where you don't become an antagonist if you become the science ghost 

i hope this breakthrough in thought will help this idea come closer to fruition

People will go 'oh no a science ghost punch it'

The science ghost will go 'better defend myself, what a shame I only have one move that instakills people'

The crew will go 'the science ghost is on a rampage kill it'

The ghost goes 'better defend myself some more'

This scenario plays out almost every time antag powers on non-antags come into play, which is thankfully itself a fairly uncommon scenario. Anyone can grab the crown on any round and ghost themselves up.

That's not to mention the actual antags who would happily spend half the round being a near-untouchable rampager with the crown, then the other half eating the survivors as a science ghost.
You do know the ghosts attack takes like 10 seconds and you have to be standing still the entire time right? if this was added you only way you would die from one is 1. you let them kill you or 2. you get knocked out or are unable to move for whatever reason and they kill you. Also sec can hit them a few times with a stun baton to kill them
I Wack "em with what evers at hand, They are Much less sturdy then Humans.
I find the AI headspider far more robust than human controlled critters, so I have no qualms there.

Nerd ghost?
- Antag? No.
- Powered? No.
- Harmless, depowered nerd ghost? Yes.

The lich got lobotomized, so why not the nerd ghost? You can meatcube yourself, so why not nerd ghost yourself?

Yes, I understand - a monkey can thwart an AI nerd ghost for a solid hour. A player nerd ghost? Well, even the humble meatcube can be an absolute (stripping) horror when played by a vet.
also why just the transposed field itself

why not be able to become like the transposed scientist
It would be cool if the nerd ghost was also hallucinating because they're getting sucked in by the void. Floaty eyeballs, scary monsters, the whole nine yards.

You're stuck between the station and another scarier dimension that you don't want to go to. Attempts to reach this plane of existence is a bad idea, and the void is the one part stable enough to support travel to and from because it's close enough to the station that it won't turn your insides out or sick eldritch horrors on you.

PC nerd ghosts should be screaming for help but sound like gibberish and/or trying to run from something ala the king in yellow. not tatortotting.