Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Have Merchant Shuttles Turn Up More Often
This is something that's been a problem for me now across several rounds - I make a lot of money, with the intention of spending it in a merchant shuttle, and they just don't show up. I've been in an extended Destiny round for 3+ hours and only had the one arrive before, and god help you if you miss it. Having to wait until 50 minutes into the round just for the first merchant shuttle to arrive is insane.
There are a few off-station merchants in the debris field, but yeah merchant shuttles could do to turn up more often.
if they cant be spared better docking positions with more foot traffic, more frequent visits are worth a try to drum up business
I think it would be rad if QMs had the option to invite traders over (maybe at a cost) with a cooldown attached.
yeah this would be super cool

they rarely show up now and are stupid hard to find and get to
Yeah I need more things to waste my money on. Can't even use it as toilet paper, smh.
Note that with the new centcom there are 8 merchant shuttles. Not 2, 8. There is no way to meet 2 of them in the same shift, but 8‽ How can we meet them without going to centcom?
(12-20-2016, 12:22 AM)medsal15 Wrote: Note that with the new centcom there are 8 merchant shuttles. Not 2, 8. There is no way to meet 2 of them in the same shift, but 8‽ How can we meet them without going to centcom?

after some time spent at centcom during a shift like yesterday, i realized some of the merchant shuttles there are fake, they're either facing the wrong direction or have random doors on the sides that merchant shuttles on station don't have. the merchants are real but they don't go to the station. i think increase the merchant shuttle chance and fix those merchant shuttles so they can all go to the station

am i the only one who thinks those spare escape shuttles at centcom should do something
(12-20-2016, 12:43 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(12-20-2016, 12:22 AM)medsal15 Wrote: Note that with the new centcom there are 8 merchant shuttles. Not 2, 8. There is no way to meet 2 of them in the same shift, but 8‽ How can we meet them without going to centcom?

after some time spent at centcom during a shift like yesterday, i realized some of the merchant shuttles there are fake, they're either facing the wrong direction or have random doors on the sides that merchant shuttles on station don't have. the merchants are real but they don't go to the station. i think increase the merchant shuttle chance and fix those merchant shuttles so they can all go to the station

am i the only one who thinks those spare escape shuttles at centcom should do something

Ooooh, that's why.

no, i think the same
It'd be nice if, like Zafhest said, the QM could invite traders.

To add to this, there could also be a trade request signal, that increases the odds of a merchant arriving. Also, the signal could have a sort of "preference", showing that the ship/station has an interest in whatever. This could be medical supplies (such as the synth-o-matic modules, medkits, injector belts, etc.), drugs, construction material, ore, cybernetics/robotics, artifacts, and science stuff (like rare and round-randomized telesci coordinates, hard to obtain reagents, and MAYBE secret chems/secret chem recipe HINTS.)
(12-20-2016, 12:43 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: after some time spent at centcom during a shift like yesterday, i realized some of the merchant shuttles there are fake

shhh