Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A possible Vampire Gamemode
Lightbulb 
Okay so, I love vampires in this game, love playing as them, love playing against them, but at the moment, they're just 'another antag role', and I feel like they need a bit of a boost.

So, what I'm thinking is something like, sort of like gang but not the same. There's a Master Vampire and maybe some ratio of vampires/crew (like 5-10% or something). No one knows who these normal vampires are, but its obvious who the Master one is (like, physically obvious, they're dressed differently to begin with but their physical appearance is very different). The way the game works is that the normal vampires have to either kill the crew or bring them to the Master Vampire, who is capable of turning THEM into vampires. After a certain number is reached, the vampires are then required to kill the remaining humans and either escape with a majority or kill EVERYONE (unless everyone is already dead, of course.)

Also, communication between vampires is done on a hotkey, like :v or something, so that it's not obvious they're vampires. Master can override what his *children* are doing.

Vampires have their normal sort of skills, but the Master Vampire would have more powerful ones;
  • Shroud of Death - Invisibility for 15 seconds, takes a minute to recharge.
  • Convert - Bite into a human and attempt to convert them. Requires the subject to be still and alive. 3-4 minute recharge.
  • Banshee Screech - Deafen any non-vampire in the vicinity and stun them for a short time. No damage. 2 minute recharge.
  • Flock of Bats - Creates a flock of 5(?) bats that damage non-vampires. 5 minute recharge.
  • Empower - Pick a Vampire from a dropdown list, heal them and give them a moderate stamina boost. 5 minute recharge.
Not sure what else to add on abilities, maybe edit a few of them. What does everyone think?
Rev mode with superpowers for the Revs. I'm going to say no to this
What if each gang was a different "clan" like in Vampire: The Masquerade. The Master would choose what characteristics the members would have so no two clans would be the same.
The problem with this is we're talking an average base of around thirty during good hours. You have three competing clans with four total you're looking at 12 vamps to around eighteen people. some of who have suicided or died naturally.

An interesting spin off to this idea would be enhanced thrall functionality
(12-15-2016, 08:40 PM)vampirate Wrote: The problem with this is we're talking an average base of around thirty during good hours. You have three competing clans with four total you're looking at 12 vamps to around eighteen people. some of who have suicided or died naturally.

An interesting spin off to this idea would be enhanced thrall functionality

Good point, entralling basically does the same as using a Deluxe Mind Implant...maybe they should get one or two abilities or something...