Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A baseball bat traitor item
So here is another one of my attempts to make a traitor item for the barman again.
I have had this idea for the past week or so and I still think it could fit since the chef has a knife as a traitor item anyways.

Introducing the baseball bat if you have a name idea besides "Baseball bat" please tell me. 

Item cost: 4-5 tc's 
Damage wise I think it would do around 10 or 15 brute damage maybe higher as I don't know how much the butchers knife or C saber does anyways. There could also be a chance to cause anyone hit to be knocked back 3-4 tiles and stunned.

Thats pretty much it also if your wondering why a baseball bat well some bars keep items such as baseball bats as under the counter weapons to use against people who are robbing the place I don't know. Also I see why some people might not like this because the barman already spawns with a riot shotgun already but I don't see why a traitor can't get a more thematic item for self defense, and the chef has a knife and both jobs can buy a C saber anyways oh and also the sprite would be less obvious maybe?

If someone wants to make a sprite for this that would be nice and as a final note if people would rather this kinda item being something you can just find somewhere on station, (or maybe a telesci area) then I would not mind having this changed to a general suggestion about adding a baseball bat in game.
only if there are baseballs too that I can drill people in the face with
Maybe they can spawn some balls at the wrestling area? like in a back room? maybe? or maybe the bat can just spawn with a box of baseballs
you could ask for the wooden billy club to be made available to barman, it is a similar object to a wooden bat, but that club is really quite good, probably too good to be reliably buyable

im pretty sure we floated some other bat ideas in a traitor sports gear thread a short while back

perhaps the barman could get clips of old surplus ammunition available that temporarily make the russian revolver into a real one, as safeguarding the russian revolver is another one of the barman's duties. but you better keep a close eye on the number of shots youve taken... the ammo should be cheaper than buying a fresh revolver kit to reflect the risk
(12-15-2016, 02:05 PM)misto Wrote: you could ask for the wooden billy club to be made available to barman, it is a similar object to a wooden bat, but that club is really quite good, probably too good to be reliably buyable

im pretty sure we floated some other bat ideas in a traitor sports gear thread a short while back

perhaps the barman could get clips of old surplus ammunition available that temporarily make the russian revolver into a real one, as safeguarding the russian revolver is another one of the barman's duties. but you better keep a close eye on the number of shots youve taken... the ammo should be cheaper than buying a fresh revolver kit to reflect the risk
I like the bullet idea as for the billy club those are batons right? surplus crates already have a chance to come with one of those so I don't know if that would work since we already got one.

As for the bullets it would have to be something like "Russian .357 Special rounds" And they should have varying effects so maybe theres a chance to make a bullet thats freezes them cryolane style or light them on fire Or even a VERY small chance to make a .308 round come out of it for some reason.
i didn't read half of this thread but one sentence gave me another idea, and this one sounds good as well: let the barman put his riot shotgun/other guns under the counter.
I kinda wanna see one wrapped in barbed-wire in the biodome graveyard

and I don't even watch that show.
it'd be cool if you could get cheap aluminum bats but have a genuine corked up Space Louisville Slugger wooden bat as a traitor item