Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Better Random Events
I think there's a place in the game for minor antagonists who aren't dangerous/influential enough to have their own round type but could still be fun if they showed up via Intruder Alerts:
  • Evil Clone: A random ghost is selected as a hardmode traitor who looks identical to an existing crewmember and has the following objective: "1. You are a clone of X. Eliminate them and assume their identity without anyone discovering the switch. This objective is not tracked, so just have fun with it."
  • Syndicate Spy: Spawns in at the Listening Post with Tourist clothes/starting equipment, plus an audio recorder, syndicate space suit, implanted microbomb, cyanide capsule and jetpack. No syndicate uplink. Is otherwise a traitor the following objective: "1. Use the provided equipment to spy on local Nanotrasen facilities. Find out as much as you can about security procedures, classified documents and restricted areas. Do not allow yourself to be captured alive. This objective is not tracked, so just have fun with it."

I also think that there could be more interaction between ghosts and random events. Examples:
  • Infestation/Black Hole: Select one ghost as the spawner. They get a one-shot power which lets them choose the location of the infestation/gravitational distortion spawn, subject to the same no LOS limitation of blob nucleus spawning.
  • Spatial Anomaly/Radstorm: In addition to the random placement, give ghosts a one-time click button that lets them spawn one on their current location.
  • Ion Storm: Generate a list of 3 laws and have the ghosts vote for which one actually gets picked.
yes grek good idea
I really like the idea of a evil clone very good Mr grek
Getting ghosts involved is always fun.

How about some player controlled roaches/mice/wasps for infestation events?
Player-controlled bees is a must. Make all bees on the station replaced by Syndicate Bees.
The clone one sounds hella fun to do. Being the Cap's clone would be messy as all hell. Then the ghost of the person you just killed could be the clone of someone else.

I see a very fun but UNBELIEVABLY messy mechanic there...
(12-14-2016, 07:51 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Getting ghosts involved is always fun.

How about some player controlled roaches/mice/wasps for infestation events?

Yes yes yes yes. This would give me more of a reason to stay after my character dies.
(12-14-2016, 07:43 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: I really like the idea of a evil clone very good Mr grek

Ms Grek, but yeah, evil clone is my favourite out of the lot. It's what made me post the thread in the first place.
I'm against the singularity/blackhole being spawned. That's a little too much of a 'fuck you' button for a ghost - especially one that might be salty over their death.

The rest sound awesome however.
It'd use the current black hole mechanics, where instead of spawning an actual singularity, it spawns a vortex that turns into one 5 minutes later if it doesn't suck in enough items first. But yeah, I can see even that being a bit much to put in the hands of salty spirits.
Event idea - A monkey has gone rabid. A ghost takes control of one of the various monkeys running around and his/her goal is to cause as much havoc as possible
(12-15-2016, 01:03 AM)TheGaystapo Wrote: Event idea - A monkey has gone rabid. A ghost takes control of one of the various monkeys running around and his/her goal is to cause as much havoc as possible

sounds like just a respawn chance for one ghost. probably not a great idea but could be better if we could prevent the monkey from becoming human in any way

also here's my idea for a very joke event: a certain amount of npc/player cluwnes (whichever is funnier) spawn in random places on the station. one of them has a macrobomb in them.

idea 2: something to do with the npc staff assistants from the open release, those are funny. maybe just a few spawn in random places?
this sounds very fun
(12-15-2016, 01:35 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: idea 2: something to do with the npc staff assistants from the open release, those are funny. maybe just a few spawn in random places?

WARNING: MASSIVE BUILDUP OF CONDENSED GREYTIDE ENERGY DETECTED IN THE GENERAL VICINITY OF THE STATION. BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR ANY STRANGE, UNREGISTERED PERSONNEL
Maybe a monkey revolution event where all monkeys go hostile would be fun