Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revstructuring (Name pending)
This is just a half baked idea i came up with on the bus journey home recently that's kind a mix between Rev and Restructuring

So, the gist of the idea is that you'd have two teams, which can be two syndie companies working against each other, two NT divisions, an NT and a syndie or whatever you like, theming isn't important. Each side would start with one or two heads, each one of whom would have a converter flash from rev (or something similair in function) and possibly a limited uplink style-device, though i personally think that it isn't particularly necessary and that not having it might encourage some innovation. 

The heads would be able to convert anyone except other heads, this includes people who have been converted by the other team.

Here's where the restructuring part comes in, throughout the round random tasks will be assigned to one side and the other side will be tasked with stopping them. Tasks could range from "The CEO's Daughter is having a birthday party and the catering company pulled out, bake 25 key lime pies for him or you're fired" to "NT has decided that QM is too large and requires downsizing, reduce the size of QM by 50% or be fired" to some other crazy random stuff i haven't even thought of. Each objective should have a timer of 5-10 minutes depending on the difficulty of the task.

Each side would randomly alternate between doing a task and trying to stop the other side from doing said tasks.

The round would end after one side failed to complete three objectives, if no more members of one team remain or if the shuttle arrives at centcomm

Thoughts?
It sounds like it could result in absolute chaos and confusion without the necessary need for becoming a team deathmatch.

Of course, depending on how free the teams are to try and prevent the other team from completing the objectives it might just turn into another team deathmatch. I'd at least hope the converter flash had a fairly long cooldown to prevent the churn of people between teams being too wild, and it might end up in some strange situations where rivals get kidnapped instead of killed to both remove manpower from the enemy team and eventually bolster their own.

Actually that does promote not killing everyone, the reconversion aspect. Hm.

Also don't give them an uplink, there'll be violence and chaos enough from this setup alone.

Other than that the only things to work out in more depth would be the random objectives, and possibly the detonation of the losing team at the end of the round, which presumably will end after X tasks have been assigned and not due to a shuttle call.
(12-14-2016, 10:04 AM)Cirrial Wrote: It sounds like it could result in absolute chaos and confusion without the necessary need for becoming a team deathmatch.

Of course, depending on how free the teams are to try and prevent the other team from completing the objectives it might just turn into another team deathmatch. I'd at least hope the converter flash had a fairly long cooldown to prevent the churn of people between teams being too wild, and it might end up in some strange situations where rivals get kidnapped instead of killed to both remove manpower from the enemy team and eventually bolster their own.

Actually that does promote not killing everyone, the reconversion aspect. Hm.

Also don't give them an uplink, there'll be violence and chaos enough from this setup alone.

Other than that the only things to work out in more depth would be the random objectives, and possibly the detonation of the losing team at the end of the round, which presumably will end after X tasks have been assigned and not due to a shuttle call.

This was pretty much my thought process exactly

I'd say that they should be free to kill each other to prevent objectives from being completed but that reconversion should be fast and easy enough that killing becomes the less beneficial option. But yes, it should also be limited somehow to prevent people from being reconverted over and over again too quickly.

Maybe there should be a small timer on how long it takes to reconvert someone, about two or three seconds so that you can't just easily do it in the middle of a firefight. That said, converting people who don't have a team yet should still be instant
I think that converting wouldn't be necessary. Just modifying the station like an episode of... BUILDERS FROM HELL! or something.
For instance, Team A would have 10 minutes to create a second chapel, then Team B would have to remove all bathrooms in 5 minutes, then Team A would have to destroy the bridge and make a second bridge elsewhere, etc. Overall, I see this as more of an admin round type like Nations, rather than a gamemode. It would be difficult to make it functional, and some of the things that could be thought up by a human are amazing. Also, you could have RP rules against murder, or make it similar to gangs.

Player McGoon "We didn't finish the Quaternary Toilet Sector!"
Command Announcement: You have failed me, (Leader of Team A), you are FIRED!
Leader McGoon "Oh no!"
*Leader McGoon bursts into flames before your very eyes!*
Command Announcement: (Team A Member) is now the Team A Leader! Team B, you have 7 minutes to make arrivals look FABULOUS!
(12-14-2016, 04:34 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote: I think that converting wouldn't be necessary. Just modifying the station like an episode of... BUILDERS FROM HELL! or something.
For instance, Team A would have 10 minutes to create a second chapel, then Team B would have to remove all bathrooms in 5 minutes, then Team A would have to destroy the bridge and make a second bridge elsewhere, etc. Overall, I see this as more of an admin round type like Nations, rather than a gamemode. It would be difficult to make it functional, and some of the things that could be thought up by a human are amazing. Also, you could have RP rules against murder, or make it similar to gangs.

Player McGoon "We didn't finish the Quaternary Toilet Sector!"
Command Announcement: You have failed me, (Leader of Team A), you are FIRED!
Leader McGoon "Oh no!"
*Leader McGoon bursts into flames before your very eyes!*
Command Announcement: (Team A Member) is now the Team A Leader! Team B, you have 7 minutes to make arrivals look FABULOUS!

Eh... that's not really what i was going for. That'd suck most of the hectic chaos out of it.
I already talked in IRC about this when you said it but I'll post here too. I like this idea a lot. I think it'd be a lot of fun. I think the objectives would make this turn into less of a team deathmatch than things like say, Spy.

Maybe give small rewards for each objective completed depending on the efficiency of the team? And if you want even more stuff against people just jumping to QM and getting a shitload of phasers, give a little bonus too for completing their objectives while not murdering the other jerks or something.

I also very much agree having a cooldown on the converter thing would be nice.
It's probably kind of rude to bump this like this but i want to see what peoples thoughts are on this.
It's definitely a little dependent on roleplay, but so is gang. I like it.
sounds like the sort of round that would demand direct admin attention to run, unless you settle on objectives that can be reliably tracked and responded to automatically
(12-15-2016, 01:16 PM)misto Wrote: sounds like the sort of round that would demand direct admin attention to run, unless you settle on objectives that can be reliably tracked and responded to automatically

Yeah, of course it'd only be things that can be tracked by the game, that's why the two i suggested are what they are.

But honestly? The objectives themselves don't really need to be particularly complicated to make things hectic and fun.

Baking 25 key lime pies seems like a simple enough task and is simple to check for, but when you have people trying to break into the kitchen to convert you to their side or eat your hard earned confectionery, 5 people all clamouring to use the oven and another 5 people building barricades to keep people out while limes FLY out of the delivery chute from hydroponics and the unconverted chef is SCREAMING at you in bork-ese it'd seems way more hectic than it should by all rights be.
(12-15-2016, 01:31 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(12-15-2016, 01:16 PM)misto Wrote: sounds like the sort of round that would demand direct admin attention to run, unless you settle on objectives that can be reliably tracked and responded to automatically

Yeah, of course it'd only be things that can be tracked by the game, that's why the two i suggested are what they are.

But honestly? The objectives themselves don't really need to be particularly complicated to make things hectic and fun.

Baking 25 key lime pies seems like a simple enough task and is simple to check for, but when you have people trying to break into the kitchen to convert you to their side or eat your hard earned confectionery, 5 people all clamouring to use the oven and another 5 people building barricades to keep people out while limes FLY out of the delivery chute from hydroponics and the unconverted chef is SCREAMING at you in bork-ese it'd seems way more hectic than it should by all rights be.

I like this idea, but I, again, think that making this more of an admin round, like nations, would lead to more crazy things being possible.
What if there were a third team that was supposed to act like a panel of judges, who would decide who won a contest?
You could have a standard version and an admin button which sets all of the tasks to "See Centcom Announcement." and leave it up to the admin to assign tasks and hand out rewards.
(12-15-2016, 04:51 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: What if there were a third team that was supposed to act like a panel of judges, who would decide who won a contest?

I can see where you're coming from with that, but i don't think it'd be particularly fun to play as that team

(12-15-2016, 04:54 PM)Grek Wrote: You could have a standard version and an admin button which sets all of the tasks to "See Centcom Announcement." and leave it up to the admin to assign tasks and hand out rewards.

Yeah, that could be pretty fun, give the admin an option to declare the winner/loser for that objective too and it'd be absolutely great