Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Borgs should use the same chem dispenser UI as humans
jesus christ y'all are gonna make faffotron 2.0

reinforcing my conviction that this is an absolutely terrible idea a single borg smoked a shitton of radium at my (just started) blob and completely obliterated it, with absolutely no consequences! Borgs ALREADY can do too much
maybe the problem is in fact................chemistry
(02-08-2018, 04:49 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: maybe the problem is in fact................chemistry

Nerf Chems 2018.
(02-08-2018, 10:38 AM)Xeram Wrote: Personally I can state with 100% certainty that if you gave me a fully functional chemical dispenser without all the massive clunk as a borg I would quickly and easily (when rogue/emagged) induce horrors and misery upon the crew reminiscent of Faffotron.

So personally I say yeah can we make it not terrible but put some other sort of limiter on it, like absolutely no chem groups (two click obliteration for anyone anywhere near the borg) and maybe an energy cost/regenerating pool of resources used to create the desired chemical.

Just in case some people misunderstand, the proposal isn’t ‘give borgs an innate chem dispenser’, it’s ‘remove the clunky borg chem interface and replace it with the regular one’. This would make borgs slightly faster, but even with the clunky borg interface borgs can already do just about anything they can do with the regular ones, so you’re not going to see a dramatic difference in day to day borg life. The ones who are already good at using chemistry would be marginally better at it, but the difference would be negligible.

Not holding out too much hope for this though because this was promised several times over to be coming in one of the endless borg reworks, but no one ever seems to get around to it.
I'm alright with it. A possible return of the borgopalypse is worth unfucking a very fucky UI. Hell, kinda sounds fun actually.

This is about like the kneejerk reaction to copy-paste chem. It didn't really do anything bad. If there's a problem with a chem being OP then the chem (or it's user) simply needs rebalancing.
3 beakers is already a good starting limitation, you could also have the chem dispenser drain borg power when used.
Poland, I was the Borg that round, and I had figured out a way to use the chem dispenser without the clunky UI, though it caused me to have to put the beakers back into my storage and re-select them to use them.

EDIT : I found that trick out after you were killed the first time, but rad smoke is too easy to make and you can do it twice easily as a borg before having to go refill your beakers
Just nerf it in some way and make the UI not horrible.

Maintaining a terrible BYOND-list UI when some vars could be tweaked and some buttons disabled instead is just the goofiest shit ever.