Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Remove Syndicate Donk Pockets from the Syndicate shuttle and make it a buy item
^Title. Way too powerful of an item to just be given to the syndicates for free. Makes it nearly impossible for crew to fight stimmed up syndicates using your everyday items.
I've never noticed them to be overpowered, personally. A pipe bomb or a stolen rpg or a gun or a dropped csaber takes them down

The syndies are a 1-6 man squad that has to take on a 10-30 man horde of every single job on the ship. They deserve the edge the pockets give you, and they don't last very long besides
Yeah I think it's fine how it is, the crew should be able to take the syndies down with sheer numbers alone and since it's only one box they get eaten up fast by a team.
If you're really concerned with the nukeops having stims, just swipe the MD's tranq gun and shoot them full of darts. It'll flush out those stimulants really quickly.
I agree to an extent, if syndies were always well coordinated and were made up of robust players the donks have the potential to be massivley unbalanced. As it stands, however I dont see them as much of an issue with the average syndie squad needing any edge they can get to be able to stand up to the station.
I don't care either way.

On one hand I've seen them ignored and left behind. The few times I've enabled nukeop on my profile I've had to basically shove them down my burning teammate's throat.

On the other hand I've seen a teams of 15+ (HoS included) held off 'till boom time by a single op with an RPG, a wrassle belt and some donks.
I do feel that the syndies are often full of nonrobust people and thus need the donk pockets, the reality is that these nonrobust people don't bother to take them, and if they do, many of them have no clue what donk pockets even do.
[Image: tumblr_ohhiwxBefv1r435avo1_1280.jpg]

On a more actually relevant note, I don't think making the syndies have to pay for them be that much of a difference, and most of the time it's one of their only options to stand against a crew with actual weapons if they actually do have a plan, but otherwise they just get left behind, just like the sleepy pen.
please no

these are lifesavers
(12-09-2016, 12:53 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: The syndies are a 1-6 man squad that has to take on a 10-30 man horde of every single job on the ship. They deserve the edge the pockets give you, and they don't last very long besides

In theory, at least. In practice it's more or less a horde of whoever can get a spacesuit in the time the nuke will allow, since syndies cause breaches every time they exhale.
(12-09-2016, 05:14 PM)Bologna Prime Wrote:
(12-09-2016, 12:53 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: The syndies are a 1-6 man squad that has to take on a 10-30 man horde of every single job on the ship. They deserve the edge the pockets give you, and they don't last very long besides

In theory, at least. In practice it's more or less a horde of whoever can get a spacesuit in the time the nuke will allow, since syndies cause breaches every time they exhale.

I don't bother with the space suit 90% of the time, I just grab beepers or klaus and rush in and act as bait for them to rpg themselves or waste ammo on me.

EnoughI idiots rushing in and being useless will eventually overwhelm most syndie teams
How else am I supposed to survive my Syndimates throwing sarin grenades at their own team on the shuttle before people can get internals on?
The sarin crate comes with atropine for a reason! Also, nothing can stop the smoke, not even internals, which is why the grenades are so effective.
(12-12-2016, 03:22 PM)Mageziya Wrote: The sarin crate comes with atropine for a reason! Also, nothing can stop the smoke, not even internals, which is why the grenades are so effective.

I thought wearing a gas mask with internals on protected you from sarin! Is this not true?
Not only will sarin penetrate gas masks, it also penetrates biosuits and just about any other form of chem protection you can muster. That's why it's (theoretically) hard to make in large quantities, I suppose.