Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Worst Moments Ever
yup, the very next round
(07-21-2017, 12:05 AM)Berrik Wrote: yup, the very next round

You should always adminhelp during the round these things happen in, whether or not you know the person is an antag. Makes it alot easier for the admins to figure out what happen and watch the person in question and increases the chance some action gets taken.
had a plasma rifle and some stuff from a surplus crate, was gonna unleash on the shuttle. just before i did, someone started firing tranqs, so i ran around to dodge them, and then cause of lag, i just fucking walked right out of the airlock mid-transit and died
(07-23-2017, 04:13 AM)Wonkmin Wrote: As soon as the round ends, all combat logs are gone.

We keep speech logs etc. but there are no combat logs once the round restarts.

It is IMPERATIVE that any assault is reported before the end of the round, or there's no proof.

That seems like a major flaw.
(07-23-2017, 06:56 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(07-23-2017, 04:13 AM)Wonkmin Wrote: As soon as the round ends, all combat logs are gone.

It is IMPERATIVE that any assault is reported before the end of the round, or there's no proof.

Yeah combat logs should probably be saved somewhere, because in-round I have no idea if the person who just murdered me was an antag or not.
(07-23-2017, 07:02 AM)Musketman12 Wrote:

Yeah combat logs should probably be saved somewhere, because in-round I have no idea if the person who just murdered me was an antag or not.

i think they'd rather get more beeps for things that turned out to be valid ( no cost ) than have even more logs to store and manage ( $tEXAS$ )
(07-23-2017, 09:25 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(07-23-2017, 07:02 AM)Musketman12 Wrote:

i think they'd rather get more beeps for things that turned out to be valid ( no cost ) than have even more logs to store and manage ( $tEXAS$ )

Why not just save the previous round's combat logs as well? Lets people not adminhelp every fucking time they die, lets people adminhelp after confirming the shitler wasn't an antagonist, and doesn't require a particularly large amount of space, I'd hope. You'd just have the current round and the previous round.
Decided to play as the Head of Security for the first round of the day and right off the bat got a greytide. They broke in and wrecked the place. I adminhelp saying I was about to get lethal and was told to kill them and clone them. Told the admin no cause they were being extremely shit. Gave the admin the names of all the people and even killed two of them. Round ended and none of them were antags and they were not punished. They constantly got in the way and we could not stop the Vampires running around because of it. They also somehow got all access and stole the lockers, hacked into the armory and the brig so we could not arrest anyone. Made the round hell for the HoP (who was nice enough to help me deal with them) and myself. I was the only Officer on the station at the time

And people wonder why no one wants to play Security anymore.

Sidenote: They were warned after the next round started though vox. Kinda too little too late if you ask me. Would have liked to seen action taken during the round it happen in.
Hello, HoP here  :nyoron: .

Personally, I had fun in the round.  Some staff assistants were being shitlers and gave me enough of a reason to start killing them after lord knows how much time trying to get them to behave (not helped by the detective coming in and shooting anyone I try to de-escalate the situation with on at least three occasions), and sending two of them to the crusher was sooooooo cathartic.  Once assistants started dying, they pretty much stopped (though it did take like a half an hour to get to that point).

All that being said, I can see why someone would have had problems with that round.  The people that started the riot weren't antags, nor were the people who participated in it, so why it got beyond standing outside security and chanting is beyond me.  It's fine if you want to start a gimmick like greytiding and stuff but overshadowing the antags in problem causing is kind of a dick move.

The fact that security didn't have that many people that round didn't really help either.
When that happens, start busting caps and don't stop. Don't hold back against a greytide.

Everyone knows, or ought to know, that it is frowned upon.
That is the ideal moment to break out the n20, in my opinion. The brig is broken, so their perma-brig is literally the ground they fall down on. Send a warning to those over comms, then those who continue to enter sec is just selective ignorance.

Rule of thumb when SHTF and you suspect grief: Save the chatlogs, then go to town. Let them feel the need to A-help, not you.
(07-26-2017, 04:54 AM)Wonkmin Wrote: No! That is completely incorrect! ADMINHELP GRIEFERS.
Okay, I'm confused. Are you saying people should adminhelp then leave those griefers alone? Or are you saying people should adminhelp then deal with people who seem to be griefing in any way they deem appropriate?

Because the former seems to break the entire point of the game.

Just wanted to make it clear that the latter is great, if people want to adminhelp griefers, it'd be a massive help to us. But if they don't want to adminhelp people it's not like we can force them, that's our responsibility, after all, not theirs. I just wanted to make that position clear, I guess.

Because security would be kind of shit if all it was was a junior admin position where you HAVE to adminhelp people you think are griefers.
Welp, I meant that retrospectively, after the adminhelp. As in adminhelp "suspect greytide, cracking down" then break out n20 / the works / saving chatlogs.

Wonk, I appreciate you understand in these situations security cannot afford to babysit waiting for permission to do things to assholes. Adminhelp THEN do it.

After that adminhelp, it's the admin's responsiblity to monitor the sitation. If I'm acting above board, then I shouldn't have to worry about punishment. The saving of the chatlogs is if my behaviour teeters on the too aggresive stance (i.e: using lethal), but it's only a failsafe so I can show my side (if ever needs be)
b-but, you just..

eh.
Things I forgot to add cause I did not think they were that important.

One of these players used their ID to change the AI's Laws to either obey only them or to bolt down Security Officers/The Detective. Captain or HoP reset it before I could see what the law was. I do know who made the law though as after it was reset and I ordered the AI to unbolt the doors so the detective could be free from the locker room, the person who gave it that law was unaware that it was reset/changed and openly tried to get it to obey them and even said "Follow my Law four". To which the AI showed it was given a new law four that would help out security. I failed to mention this in the adminhelp so they could have missed it. Which is why I deemed it not important to mention.

There was an admin who was in the round cause they were playing music. Replied to me once which was what I said in my first post on this matter and never talked to me again. Also never responded to me when I was clearly angry in the OOC after the round about them being non antags and that no action was taken on their part. At least they gave them a half-assed VOX warning in the next round. Thanks for doing that instead of talking with me or dealing with it in the round it happen in by the way. I would have been happy with a "I did yell at them" in the round or a "I'll look into it" but I got no communication at all from that admin. Which leads me to assume that they did nothing other than that VOX warning in the next round.

Not going to lie I was first planning on making that post part of a Admin complaint on how I feel not enough action is being done about people who fuck with security on this level. I have said in the last month that I've stopped playing Security cause I seem to just get in games where people do this out of the blue and it's great to see that after almost three months away from the job this still happens and before you people say it's because of how I treat people, these four or five people showed up to the front door of Security and started bashing the windows with chairs. At first I played catch with them using chairs and then they all started to attack me and raid Security. If you don't believe me ask that HoP player as he was the one to notice they were doing this at round start.

Also anyone who has played the role with me know I am nice as I can be with the job till stuff like this happen so when you say it might be how I act I get really offended since I mostly play the role alone and you don't know how I play the role and say that stuff anyways.

Killing these type of players in a round is not getting the message across. There needs to be punishment coming from the administration when it comes to people fucking with security at this level. I'm almost done playing Security altogether now cause of these players and the lack of punishment they face and I don't blame anyone else for not playing the role if this is what we got to deal with now.

EDIT: That Admin also gave me a wave gun but that was the last form of communication I got from him till he gave the VOX warning at the start of the next round. The only thing that was said by them was "Kill them and Clone them" but seeing how long it took to deal with two of them and for the fact we had to kill two of them just to get it to stop and how they completely rendered the security lobby and brig useless I feel they clearly took it too far and I'm left wondering why no action was taken other than the VOX warning. I mean they were all non antags and they did all of that with no punishment. Also one of them was never caught and was the one stealing the lockers and opening them in the hallways who also later attacked me on the escape shuttle at the end. I know it was him cause I saw him do it. He was also the same person who changed the AI's laws. I never did figure out who hacked the armory and brig. Could of been any of them or a borg when on that guy's law.

Hopefully the last EDIT: If any admin feels like adding my posts and the replies to the Admin Complaints feel free to. At the time I was too pissed and could not be sure if it should be a complaint or not. But it was a really bad round for me and it was made into one of my worst rounds ever cause they got off with no punishments from what I can tell at this moment.

Lastly to Technature, you were the best thing out of that round and I'll remember your in game name so if you ever go to apply for HoS I will most likely vouch for you. Thank you so much for trying to help me though that whole round instead of vanishing into space.