Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robusting Tips
Dose-control is really underrated. It's what separates the gods of medicine from the mere-mortal apothecary. The same thing goes for poisons. Let's say you use neuro-perf; the best dose is one that keeps them silent until they pass out, but runs out right after.

Actually, knowing the numbers goes a long way for everything. How many hits does it takes to crit someone with a specific weapon? How much damage does a certain armor absorb? What are the blast radii on a specific bomb? These are the super nerdy questions that take you to the next level.

All of which I have not asked.  wordjo

I just whack things 'till they're dead, make more drugs than I need, and produce explosions too big to run away from. I also die a whole lot! :downs:
Be ballsy. Most people on the station are too apathetic to notice you acting suspicious. You wouldn't believe how much you can get away with just by not giving a shit about the chance of someone seeing you. My antagonist rounds became a lot more successful when I learned this.
(12-31-2016, 12:11 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: Be ballsy. Most people on the station are too apathetic to notice you acting suspicious. You wouldn't believe how much you can get away with just by not giving a shit about the chance of someone seeing you. My antagonist rounds became a lot more successful when I learned this.

most people are too apathetic to do anything in the first place
(12-29-2016, 11:27 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Dose-control is really underrated. It's what separates the gods of medicine from the mere-mortal apothecary. The same thing goes for poisons. Let's say you use neuro-perf; the best dose is one that keeps them silent until they pass out, but runs out right after.

Elaborating on this, it's important to understand how drugs work in SS13. Chemicals have a set decay rate based on the chemical, and that amount of the chemical decays every 2 seconds when the life cycle updates. For most chemicals, (including perfluorodecalin) this decay rate is -0.4 per life cycle.

Neurotoxin dosing is based on what I call the '30 second rule': neurotoxin takes 14 cycles (28 seconds) to knock someone out, or 15 cycles (30 seconds) to leave yourself a margin of error. If perfluorodecalin is part of the plan, the dose needs to last 15 cycles in order to make sure they're never conscious and able to scream for help at the same time. 15 * 0.4 = 6 perfluorodecalin to see that happen. Substituting Coniine (from poison bottles) requires 0.05 * 15 = 0.75 units instead, which is way more efficient.
(12-31-2016, 12:53 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(12-31-2016, 12:11 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: Be ballsy. Most people on the station are too apathetic to notice you acting suspicious. You wouldn't believe how much you can get away with just by not giving a shit about the chance of someone seeing you. My antagonist rounds became a lot more successful when I learned this.

most people are too apathetic to do anything in the first place

Up until an even ballsier HoS or assistant with a fake ID disappears for half the round, loads up on counter terrorism gear, and then comes back to zap the badguy into next week. Just takes one well-prepared do-gooder to ruin an evil-doer's day.

On a semi-related note, while injectorbelting yourself with smoke will purge whatever poisons you had in you, activating it with phlog is risky at best and a great way to kill yourself and maim everyone around you at worst.

Dosage and initial temperature is the key here. Too much phlog and you'll set everything around you on fire once the smoke goes off. Same thing if the mixture isn't close to the trigger temperature, except that it's much more likely to go off after you're dead or in the face of whoever dragged you into medbay.

Course, there are less suicidal ways of smoking drugs out of yourself, as well as some that keep the whole drug-everyone-with-you thing to a minimum.
Try loading the injector belt with chocolate, phosphorus and potassium. That should do the trick without setting yourself on fire.
Totally stealing that next time I'm an MD.
The pill version certainly pisses lings off.

One tile foam also works well if you don't want to smoke bad stuff onto everyone. Not as convenient though.
If you have a porta-puke, don't shove something immortal into it. You won't be able to use the porta-puke again, and it'll just make puke and gibs forever, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it means that you can't murder people with it.

I leanred this after shoving a chaplain-contract immortal cluwne into the porta-puke earlier today. It took me about 20 minutes to realize that something was wrong.
(12-31-2016, 03:50 PM)Mageziya Wrote: If you have a porta-puke, don't shove something immortal into it. You won't be able to use the porta-puke again, and it'll just make puke and gibs forever, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it means that you can't murder people with it.

I leanred this after shoving a chaplain-contract immortal cluwne into the porta-puke earlier today. It took me about 20 minutes to realize that something was wrong.

Counterpoint: you now have an endless supply of slippery things to drag around that you yourself can't be shoved into.