Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Way to take power cells out of items
If we are talking about effects of different lenses, I want something to happen if you give something a lens made from telecrystal. Maybe lasers made with telecrystal lenses should fire a hitscan beam like the X-Drone's railgun, but with damage only slightly higher than a normal laser.
(11-23-2016, 07:37 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: If we are talking about effects of different lenses, I want something to happen if you give something a lens made from telecrystal. Maybe lasers made with telecrystal lenses should fire a hitscan beam like the X-Drone's railgun, but with damage only slightly higher than a normal laser.

They should do like no damage, but have a chance to teleport you to a random place on the station
(11-20-2016, 09:03 PM)HydroFloric Wrote:
(11-20-2016, 08:39 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: It would be really neat if in the future you could not only say, take out the battery, but replace and tweak multiple components like replacing the wiring or lens of items.

You could, for instance, increase the power output on a stun baton so each use used up more power but did burn damage on touch.

I'd love to see crafting tables return for that kinda work, but until then tools would be nice
I love that idea just how like if you use high level shit when making the captain's laser gun it becomes better it would be cool if you could do that with everything where we just tear apart guns and batons and mix the parts and shit.

http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6278     I had such ideas long time ago (and did propose them on many other servers) however usually responces were "it would make stuff OP" and such... tbh i thought this game was about tinkering and creativity, especially doing "illegal" (but relatively harmless) stuff right under the secs nose hahah...

Currently any makeshift thing ya make except lasergun (if anyone ever bothers with it besides me) and uqil glass shard are pretty much worthless...
I would love to see more use for potato batteries (they could be like universal cells  that fit into small and large slots (tools/weapons and APCs/cyborgs) and maybe even make them recharge with lemon juice hahah
On this topic what if we added craft able flash bulbs and also let us replace flash bulbs. The material used would change how the flash works so some might give it a longer stun or maybe rad damage things like that. And I would think to replace you would wrench it out.
(12-02-2016, 12:10 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: On this topic what if we added craft able flash bulbs and also let us replace flash bulbs. The material used would change how the flash works so some might give it a longer stun or maybe rad damage things like that i would think to replace you would wrench it out.

I would support this idea!

Inb4 telecrystal bulbs have a random chance of teleporting whoever they flash and cell/flash assemblies with telecrystal bulbs have a chance of sending the user to the void
This might be too op but what if ones that had plasma stone in them or plasma glass had a chance to light them on fire and PC ones have a chance to firegib
I would love if I could make a telecrystal flash that served as a "fuck off" device. Guy tries to beat you up? Warp him into a maintenance shaft/outside your department/into space by !!accident!!.
I'm all for this, there would be so many combinations to play with and it would end up being just insane.

I do, however, have an issue if the real powerful energy weapons had self-recharge cells, UNLESS it dropped the damage. I would run screaming from anything if it could melt me and recharge.
One thing that might work as a balancing measure would be to have parts roll chances for breaking under circumstances.

Like, you could tweak a laser to do much more damage per shot, but unless you also upgrade the barrel with materials that can handle the extra heat, you stand a chance of melting it, or overloading the battery and having it explode, etc...
Well at that point you might as well add the ability to create weapons from scratch with the right parts.