Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handspiders can gnaw their creator
It even steals some DNA!
It's biting the hand that feeds you, but backwards. feature.
Feature, since one ling may need to use -his- handspider to beat up another ling.

if your own handspider attacks you, ask the admins to nuke them.
Perhaps banning shit handspiders from changeling antag roles would suffice?
Handspider doesn't make you an antag or even oblige you to be helpful to the ling that ate you. If you spawn a handspider without confirming your victim is willing to cooperate, you deserve bit. Also, attacking the changeling that spawned you could be a valid deception tactic. Not a bug, IMO.
Well, I disagree with that, Grek. You're part of a hivemind, after all.
As we learned on Battlestar Galactica, hiveminds don't have to be entirely cooperative.
Deception tactic, yes.
But, the way I see it- if the absorbed people could just take control of a hand and strangle the ling, they'd do so without needing to be severed first.

Also the lings/hivemind we have here spawns from -the thing-, not BSG.
I respect your stance however.

My main consideration here is:
More fun interactions would occur probably if the handspider was loyal to its hivemaster. If we do it the other way, we'll more oft than not see hand-rampages begin with the ling that spawned them.
The ling doesn't have to spawn all the hivemind members as handspiders. It probably shouldn't, even. Stick with headmates that prove loyal/helpful/not inclined toward murdering you.

E: I'd also accept it if hivemind members were effectively 'mindslaved' to the changeling and were required to answer questions/do as they're told. But as it stands, a hivemind member isn't required to be helpful at all as part of the hivemind, so severing it shouldn't change that.
I like the idea of a particularly pissed-off headmate conning the ling into putting them into a handspider, who promptly flips off the ling and catches the next flight out to space tahiti.