Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Requests from a Cube Taxi
Although the station's "cube taxi" population is never very high, I'd like to see a few changes to meat cube anyways just to make it more fun. To explain, although many people see being cubed as a horrible event brought on by a traitorous trash cart, some guy named Alan decided it'd be a funny idea to cube himself willingly and then try to run a taxi service. Against all odds, this worked fairly well, and by labeling the locker with "cube taxi: hop in" as well as "state your destination", denizens of the station hopped on in and got carted around the station. Upon doing this, he noticed a few things. Like not being able to CTRL + Click anything in order to drag it around, as well as not being able to click things to close them either, which made for a lot of menu navigation, slowing down an already stupid and convoluted process. And finally, it felt a little bare. Yes, an abomination cube of meat does tend to catch the eyes of many horrified station dwellers, but unfortunately that doesn't spell "friendly taxi service". I propose that, in addition to a few control fixes, those who wish to be disgusting little cubes of meat should also have the power to pick up hats. A disgusting cube running a taxi service? No, no thank you. But a disgusting cube that's also wearing a cakehat running a taxi service? Of course!
I absolutely love this idea
Uh, yes
+1

(apparently I need at least a 5 word post to be able to post)
Hats on Wendigo
(09-03-2016, 07:25 PM)Totheark Wrote: Although the station's "cube taxi" population is never very high, I'd like to see a few changes to meat cube anyways just to make it more fun. To explain, although many people see being cubed as a horrible event brought on by a traitorous trash cart, some guy named Alan decided it'd be a funny idea to cube himself willingly and then try to run a taxi service. Against all odds, this worked fairly well, and by labeling the locker with "cube taxi: hop in" as well as "state your destination", denizens of the station hopped on in and got carted around the station. Upon doing this, he noticed a few things. Like not being able to CTRL + Click anything in order to drag it around, as well as not being able to click things to close them either, which made for a lot of menu navigation, slowing down an already stupid and convoluted process. And finally, it felt a little bare. Yes, an abomination cube of meat does tend to catch the eyes of many horrified station dwellers, but unfortunately that doesn't spell "friendly taxi service". I propose that, in addition to a few control fixes, those who wish to be disgusting little cubes of meat should also have the power to pick up hats. A disgusting cube running a taxi service? No, no thank you. But a disgusting cube that's also wearing a cakehat running a taxi service? Of course!
I have tried Meat Cube Taxi with totheark and it is really fun. it would be cool if meat cube taxis could get a taxi hat
(09-04-2016, 05:29 PM)bigfatbananacyclops Wrote:
(09-03-2016, 07:25 PM)Totheark Wrote: Although the station's "cube taxi" population is never very high, I'd like to see a few changes to meat cube anyways just to make it more fun. To explain, although many people see being cubed as a horrible event brought on by a traitorous trash cart, some guy named Alan decided it'd be a funny idea to cube himself willingly and then try to run a taxi service. Against all odds, this worked fairly well, and by labeling the locker with "cube taxi: hop in" as well as "state your destination", denizens of the station hopped on in and got carted around the station. Upon doing this, he noticed a few things. Like not being able to CTRL + Click anything in order to drag it around, as well as not being able to click things to close them either, which made for a lot of menu navigation, slowing down an already stupid and convoluted process. And finally, it felt a little bare. Yes, an abomination cube of meat does tend to catch the eyes of many horrified station dwellers, but unfortunately that doesn't spell "friendly taxi service". I propose that, in addition to a few control fixes, those who wish to be disgusting little cubes of meat should also have the power to pick up hats. A disgusting cube running a taxi service? No, no thank you. But a disgusting cube that's also wearing a cakehat running a taxi service? Of course!
I have tried Meat Cube Taxi with totheark and it is really fun. it would be cool if meat cube taxis could get a taxi hat

Meatcubes should be able to clickdrag hats onto themselves.
And as well there should be some spot in maintenance where there is Taxi crates for the meat cubes!
Welcome to Space station 13 where horribly mangled and macabre mockery's of life run the local taxi service.