Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rampages
(07-11-2016, 08:11 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Yeah I agree I hate how chems and Stun weapons are so OP now. I understand why Chems are but for Stun weapons it's nuts. I play nothing but Security so I use them on people more then they do to me and I can see how OP they are. Might have contributed to this issue.

This link here is a Thread where I talked about OP tasers in the past if anyone wants to read it.
http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=5302

chemistry has always and will always be an overpowered crutch
That's why I said I understood why chems are OP in the second sentence.
Wasn't there a time in the past where tasers were gotten rid of and all the security officers had revolvers? I definitely remember a time where tasers were  all locked and needed emagging or a special implant
I use chems so much when I want to be robust simply because stun weapons exist.
EDIT: also because if you want to fist fight a group of people and last then you need some kinda stamina regen, but fist fighting or fighting with an unrobust weapon doesn't seem to be the point of the thread.
A simple way to stop rampages is to get robust, drink a coffee, roll up your sleeves, flex those muscles and show the traitor just who the hell they messed with.

If you are incapable of robusting or atleast self defence in any meaningful way then there's always an extended server.
The issue again, is not with rampages. It's about something that is overpowered and used to the point where it's run into the ground, i.e: this is why we can't have nice things.

(protip: I'm using the word exploit loosely here to define something that is overpowered and used to the point where it's either become commonplace, etc)

One of the big issues is players trademarking their rampages (i.e: discovering a method of murder and recycling it over and over ala wiz fireball). Sometimes this shit is admired and copied? Why, I do not understand. Someone running around tasing and spacing people is easily countered by drugs. Someone doing something that's friggin godawful and difficult to prevent should be looked at. Scrutinized even.

Fucking ghostchat is cancer. What's more cancerous is the ones baiting the people who are salty. Perhaps, PERHAPS, take a pinch (heh) of what the salty are actually annoyed about.
If they're annoyed being dead then fuck em'.
If they're annoyed that Mr smith is abusing nitro (apparently) to vigilante their traitor round into the ground like a tit then perhaps this shit should be heard before being lambasted?

Perhaps we should have a separate thread altogether that points out overpowered things; counters to this scenario and if no counters, possible rebalancing for said method of murder WITHOUT attacking certain players who would abuse the mechanic.
(07-12-2016, 03:14 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: If you are incapable of robusting or atleast self defence in any meaningful way then there's always an extended server.

Is your argument literally "git gud or get out"? Wow.
(07-12-2016, 07:41 AM)Cirrial Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 03:14 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: If you are incapable of robusting or atleast self defence in any meaningful way then there's always an extended server.

Is your argument literally "git gud or get out"? Wow.

Not exactly, more like get better and win for a change instead of complaining that you lost?
Breaking News Developing... GOOD GRIEF PEOPLE Breaking News Developing...

Stop tearing each other to pieces over this! This is exactly the kind of in-fighting we're trying to AVOID.  frown

Instead of arguing with each other over play style, lead by example. Be the change you wish to see in the crew.
I dislike Rampagers, I feel it's just a lame strategy. I accept that traitors are part of the game, and that this is a play-style that can get things done, but I don't have to like it. But it's worse when do so quietly enough to get away with it and do so for no real reason WHATSOEVER. When there is an obvious threat you can at least deal with said threat (or die gloriously). It is very frustrating when walk through the station and get stunned, killed, no chance to do anything, even warn other people that some asshat has killed you. But I don't get salty about people being skilled.

What makes me salty is when you ask 'why did you kill me' the only response is '4 teh lulz'.

I think Traitors should be held to the same standards as Security. It's fine if you kill somebody, but you must have a reason. Whether that is because you wanted to steal their identity, their weapon, their clothing or because they where in an area where you needed to do something without witnesses, all fine.
But if you gank somebody, and you can't explain why, you should get BANNED!

To that effect I would like to see the 'hijack shuttle, escape alone'-objective removed from the traitor objectives list.

Probably not a popular opinion, but that is just your opinion.
(07-15-2016, 12:21 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: I think Traitors should be held to the same standards as Security. It's fine if you kill somebody, but you must have a reason. Whether that is because you wanted to steal their identity, their weapon, their clothing or because they where in an area where you needed to do something without witnesses, all fine.
What about stuff like bombs? Would they get banned for unleashing a huge canister bomb and killing tons of people that did nothing?
(07-15-2016, 12:21 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: I think Traitors should be held to the same standards as Security. It's fine if you kill somebody, but you must have a reason. Whether that is because you wanted to steal their identity, their weapon, their clothing or because they where in an area where you needed to do something without witnesses, all fine.

Like I said you are asking for the freedom of choice of goonstation to be removed and that's a awful idea. Though what you just said you already have and that's the RP server. On the RP server you either have to have a good reason for your rampage or be creative with how you do it.

(07-15-2016, 12:21 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: It is very frustrating when walk through the station and get stunned, killed, no chance to do anything,

Welcome to Stun weapons. They are seriously OP.
(07-15-2016, 02:43 AM)Triacontakai Wrote: What about stuff like bombs? Would they get banned for unleashing a huge canister bomb and killing tons of people that did nothing?
If your objective are 'kill all borgs' and 'kill all clones' and your first idea is 'cannister-bomb in the BAR' you should be banned. You'd also be retarded, but that is beside the point.

(07-15-2016, 02:48 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: that's the RP server.
And I like it. The RP has it's ups and downs, but that is one thing I definably like about it. I think the main server would benefit from similar rules, although less strict.
(07-15-2016, 02:48 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: you are asking for the freedom of choice of goonstation to be removed and that's a awful idea.
Imho, there is a big difference between 'doing what you want' and 'being a dick'. It's hard to draw an all-agreed-upon line between them, but there should be one, rather then 'it's all cewl, cuz Traitor'.
Why should the cops be the ones afraid of bans when the robbers are shit-dicking everybody on the station? It's nobodies "job" to ruin it for other players and if you can't tell the difference between 'interesting' and 'asshole-ing', a break from that job to think about it is the right way to go.

Edit: I guess it's a bit harsh to 'BAN from server' for what could really just be incompetence. But excluding people clearly abusing the antagonist rules from antagonist roles sounds wise to me. Afaik (and do correct me if I am wrong), people are shit at other jobs, like medics who kill their patients or botanists who feed the weeds (and not the pot) also get barred from the job. Same should apply to antagonist jobs.
Absolutely nobody gets banned for simple incompetence at their job. A non-antag medic who decides to randomly slice up people for body parts will probably get yelled at (with good reason), but simply being bad at medicine is not going to get you jobbanned from medic, just yelled at or salted over in deadchat. Same with botanists who spend the round growing weeds, engineers who set fire to the engine, etcetera. The main reason people are jobbanned is because they are using the perks of the job just to shit on other people's rounds, like a captain who etc. steals everything in sec not nailed down at the start of every round, which is why jobbans are most common for sec/head roles and extremely infrequent for other roles.
I have never seen someone get banned for being incompetent in a way that didn't violate some other rule.