Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Modded 1.7.10 Minecraft Server
Several people were asking for this to be a thing.
So its going to be a thing
Join #minestation on IRC if you want.
Mod list: http://piratepad.net/h54LGESNpT
Server is UP: http://forum.ss13.co/mcmods.zip for mods, requires latest 1.7.10 forge.
The server is whitelisted, here are those that are on the whitelist:
Somepotato
Q_o (ErikHanson)
Azungar

Feel free to suggest rules/etc for the server.

List of custom commands:
/dev/null - will give you a free devnull item
/home - will teleport you to the main building
Prefixing your chat with @ will send the message to IRC, although currently irc->game doesn't work
/lexicon - will convert all known ingots in your inventory to their thermal foundation alternatives.
Can I be whitelisted? My Minecraft name is medsal15
Hello, apparently my minecraft username is shoegazer. Please add me to the funtimes list.
Spy and I would like to be whitelisted! My username is Haine, Spy's is Spy_Guy.

If we end up using forestry I can dig up or remake my resourcepack that turns the bees into spacebees, if people would like. Also are we gunna be using a mumble or anything for this?
I'd like to be whitelisted under the username 'Q_o'
Add me on the whitelist "Naximous".
I probably won't have time to check it out, BUT WHO CARES?
whitelist please; TheNewTeddy
Whitelist me please, even though I have no time anymore - Wakafanykai123
(03-22-2016, 06:40 PM)somepotato Wrote: Feel free to suggest rules/etc for the server.

PvP only in approved areas (even if those approved areas are the majority of the map)
No griefing (like spawn camping)

edited to add
a chest full of stacks of 64 potatoes so that new players have some food, "please take one stack" sign above it
(it's been my experience that the area around spawn tend to be free of animals very quickly)

Maybe another chest with wood or stone picks, and/or maybe other tools; depending on the "style" of the server and how 'easy' it should be.
I'm putting this in a separate post because after following the IRC chat I'm starting to see an issue.

I think that beyond mods and rules, we may have a problem with culture.
What "sort" of server will we run. What "kind" of playing do we expect.

My thoughts are as follows:

In general I like a server that's more casual and peaceful. That means that any PvP would generally be agreed to before-hand, as opposed to attacking people without warning.

I also like the idea of survival, but the community should be encouraged to help out at times; for example in larger builds.

Lastly, since the above would ensure a "well behaved" community, I am against the idea of people building fortresses; we should be able to visit each other at will and even walk through each other's houses.

Ideally, we can leave unlocked chests with our best items in public areas with a sign asking "please don't steal" and we can come back later, and nobody has stolen our stuff.
How about anarchy-style PVP allowed like 500 blocks away from spawn? I'd like spawn to be a modernized city of sorts; but outside the city, anything is fair game.
Can we live in the spawn city?
I'm game. My silly username is fire_fox.
i might join in

mine's Croagunk
Can I be whitelisted, too? My minecraft username, unsurprisingly, is Houka