Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing your name when becoming traitor
Upon spawning as a traitor you should get the option to change your name just like wizards. Can be interesting if people want to do traitor-gimmicks.
Like why not?
the only issue i can see with this is someone spawning, changing their name, a coworker seeing and yelling "omg pubbie joe changed names hes a traitor"

good idea though tbh
Maybe make it a verb like the Call-Syndicate thing? That way you can just walk away from people and do it.
For this to work, it needs to also change the name on your ID.
I dunno, there's a large chunk of traitor items aimed around obscuring your original identity, having them be able to get another identity change on top of that seems redundant (and makes a large chunk of those items pointless).
Yeah, isn't this what agent cards are for?
i think a good way to balance this would be so that you could, but, would cost either the same or 1 tc than buying an agent card + dna scrambler

(because lets face it, dna scramblers are already incredibly easy to pick out and spot)
I'm all for this, if I wanted to obscure my damn identity I'd buy a voice changer and agent card. I shouldn't have to do that if I want everyone to KNOW I'm Coach Killem, running around and making people do lethal lateral sets. So yeah let us change our name if we spawn as traitor somehow, that would be sick
Yeah. Rather than obfuscation I think the main idea is to have a fun name for an obvious traitor run. It wouldn't be long before we had Butcher Pete running around hackin’ and whackin’ and smackin’.
I get that it's meant to make things easier for people whose gimmicks begin and end with 'murderman the man who murders', but what about people whose plans go along the lines of 'pretend to be your target, run around and annoy people, hope some of the more trigger-happy vigilantes off him'. And that's just off the top of my head. There's a reason identity changers/obfuscators are generally things that cost money/tcs.
While it is possible to change yourself right now i actually think the disguse items should get a buff and this should get added

1-Syndicate Id- Every other server has the ability to RESET the ID to allow you to change it's info, i think we should be able to too, Prehaps a thing that lets you select the scanned access's you want also so you can trick people into thinking your an assistant by lowering your captain level access

2-chameleon suit- I think this should be packaged with a full set of chamaleon stuff each with their own benefit other then changing, I don't even care if the price is bumped up to match

*Jumpsuit-reduces brute damage slightly

*Chameleon shoes- Works like golash/janitors shoes, Added bonus to have two clown shoe choices, one silent, one loud

*Chameleon mask-Works as a gasmask, Includes an off mode where it still on you but other people can't tell And also has an scramble mode where it gives you a randomly generated name

*Chameleon hat- Works as spacesuit helmet, Has a hair mode which instead of a hat you can make your own hair style

Chameleon backpack-Has an Air-tank built in that can be filled while also an backpack

Chameleon outer-suit- Works as a spacesuit,

Chameleon glass's-Just make it work like the glass's it's pretending to be

Chameleon Headset-Has all the channels, including the Ai's. Does not cure deafness

Makes this it's own Item

5 TC Chameleon stun-baton- Looks like a stun-cane to start out as and can be scanned to look like other items, Including medical patches....heh

In theory the perfect TC balance is to allow someone to buy the Chameleon Kit, The syndie ID, Voice changer, Stunbaton and the box but that might be over-powered
I think for a really creepy suggestion, you should be able to remove someone's skull, turn it into a mask (this is already a thing), and throw in the voice changer for an exact copy of their voice.

I mean it's not like people aren't gonna notice a dude wearing Terell Wilkerson's skull running around. It will only really be effective over the radio.
Only if it doesn't show your objectives until after you spawn in, since you could easily name yourself after one of your victims and frame/murder them way easier.
The AI shouldn't do the welcome message until after you submit your post-join name in the dialogue box and hit yes.
Klayboxx Wrote:Only if it doesn't show your objectives until after you spawn in, since you could easily name yourself after one of your victims and frame/murder them way easier.
I think the game actually prevents you from doing this, so it probably wouldn't be a problem??