Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give security belts
I've been saying for ages now that security needs their own type of belts. So we can put a baton or a taser in it. To give us more room in our backpacks that start out full cause of the useless junk we get at the start of the round and then we have over half of said backpack filled with our equipment and have little to no room for something out. Sure you could say use the box (and I do) but taking those precious seconds to click and drag the box onto you can be a pain in some situations.

Basecally I want the sec belts to hold one taser or baton (not both), all the handcuffs I desire and other sec things like the scanner, flashbangs or something. I think they will be a step forward in helping security out and I believe Sundance made a sprite for them already.

Thoughts? I know others want sec belts to be a thing and I truly think it would be better for security if we had them.
Baton or gun in belt loop, pda in pocket, other weapon in one slot in backpack and there's room for plenty else. Sec isn't meant to be a walking arsenal.
vampirate Wrote:Baton or gun in belt loop, pda in pocket, other weapon in one slot in backpack and there's room for plenty else. Sec isn't meant to be a walking arsenal.

That's not the point. The point is to being able to carry more small things like handcuffs and using the backpack for other small things like med kits and other things to help you out. It's not about carrying more weapons. Thought I made that clear enough in the first post.
He's got a point though. In all the !goone ss13-related codebases I've seen, things like this have been implemented, and they all tended to find that security not being able to carrying an entire arsenal with them is actually a very strong balancing point.

For engineers, it's fine because your targets are inanimate objects, but for security your targets are other players, and in almost every case things like belts and jumpsuit-attachable bandoliers were tried for a while and then removed because it simply caused situations in which security were just way too over-equipped to deal with.
I remember that sprite. Looked good, IIRC.

I wonder if it'd be possible to just have a baton or handgun 'holstered' over a belt. Basically just acting like the belt wasn't there and overlaying the weapon sprite over the belt sprite. Or maybe just restrict that action to sec belts. Either way, I want more fancy space belts that I can loot.
Or limiting the sec belt to minor things and only have it carry small sec items not any of the weapons or grenades. Then we need to figure out how man slots it should have I'm thinking four or less.
Put small items in your internals box.
Grayshift Wrote:Put small items in your internals box.

Quote:Sure you could say use the box (and I do) but taking those precious seconds to click and drag the box onto you can be a pain in some situations.
http://forum.ss13.co/viewtopic.php?f=6&t...s+security

Here's the last thread that it was brought up in and the one I made referenced to when I made the thread
and incase you don't want to read the whole thread here are some of the responses people gave when I brought up the idea

Vunterslaush Wrote:
Ed Venture Wrote:
Vunterslaush Wrote:The only problem I see with sec currently is that there needs to be a few smaller cells in the brig, to split up the population. Also riot shotguns are more than powerful enough to deal with most threats presented to you as an officer.

I agree more cells would be a welcome addition. I don't really think Security needs more firepower cause in my experience with being caught off with Syndies I've been able to outgun them with only a tasers multiple times.

One idea I have is this. You know how cops have a belt for their gun, tasers, cuffs, etc. I think a sec belt of some kind should be added so we can carry security equipment without it taking more then half of our backpack space. Some would say the box is pretty much does what I am suggesting but it takes a couple of precious seconds to get the box out then switch hands and then click the box to view your items. Just a suggestion, thought atleast it was a idea worth bringing to the table.

I like the idea of a sec belt as you start with a full backpack on signup, and item management is often an issue.

Fresh Lemon Wrote:I definitely like the ideas of secbelts and breaking up the brig a bit. Would it be possible to somehow alter Beepskys patrol for round start? It's kind of annoying how he immediately opens the front door and anyone can just run right in without access.

UrsulaMejor Wrote:I am way digging Sundance's two-inmate cell proposal.

yes please for police belts, with lots of pouches. it'd be cool if they could only hold one gun/baton, one flash, two pairs of cuffs, and three assorted tiny items though. a sec belt that's all guns feels weird.

maybe even have intents change what you pull out for instant removal!

help intent: brings up the bag contents for the tiny items
grab intent: pulls out a pair of cuffs
disarm intent: pulls out your flash
harm intent: pulls out your gun/baton

Lantern Wrote:Yeah sec belts are a pretty good idea honestly. They also will be insanely useful for expeditions. I can't tell you how annoying it is to loose your one gun because it was in the backpack you dropped 20 minutes ago because you were stunned by some dumb thing.
Sundance Wrote:[Image: U2vl86A.png]
[Image: x6ktFqe.png]
Just a cosmetic change to the miner's belt but it looks bretty gud.
Holds all small objects like normal belts do, but can hold 1 taser/energy rifle at a time + a stun baton.
I think for balancing reasons it should be only be able to hold one large sec item (baton or rifle) but have the pro that it could hold a sec PDA in that the general alerts would still go off and you could still use it, akin to having the PDA on your belt/pocket.

Forgot the most important suggestion for sec belts
For the naysayers:
It functions no differently than other belts. Medical and mining belt can hold larger objects of their job class that otherwise wouldn't fit in a box.

Furthermore, utility belts already function somewhat as a sec belt. They can hold small items, which means you can bring store cuffs, flashbangs, flashes and pdas. Adding in a belt that's restricted one weapon (gun or a baton) and giving it the ability to still receive messages from a pda would make item organisation far better.
Whenever I play HoS I really like having a utility belt of some sort, honestly digging out your handcuffs box is a fucking chore and any quality-of-life improvements that can be made would be great
As a HoS, I especially love the PDA suggestion. I like to keep my pockets free for various purposes, and being able to still use my PDA without putting my ID at risk of being destroyed in a PDA bomb explosion would be absolutely stellar.
Perhaps make the fancy sec belts sold by QM. IIRC Hos has QM access, and sec could do other fun things like make pink tasers to shoot perps with.