Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Lie about leaving this game's community in here
(01-22-2018, 09:22 AM)Sundance Wrote: Ay. I probably should post here because I haven't been active and I don't intend in playing again nor do I intend in posting again.

SS13 was very much like a drug to me. But I was addicted to idea of what goon could become, rather than what it currently is. This manifested in 2199 posts over the course of a few years. That's pretty gross!
I kept seeing the same posts in Suggestion's over and over, many of them similar to my own I made back in 2015-2016 and I realized that nothings changed, I'm not helping in any way by suggesting these things, that this is a textbook definition of madness. I also lost all motivation to sprite.

One of the major factors at me drifting away was I felt the community was a bit rudderless, which I've explained before. I suppose I felt this way since cogwerks stopped existing at the helm too. I actively searched for a new server to settle down, went to /tg/ and while I felt they did really right feature-wise, the community wasn't the same. So I stopped playing altogether.

So yeah. I'll pop in every once and a while, but my SS13 days are ogre. All the best <3

frown

goodbye, and thank you again for the wonderful reactor statistics computer sprite !
Huh. Sounds like you're actually on the out. Kinda jealous, actually. Well, I'll miss yer doggo. Hope you find your zen, friend.
Hey Sundance. You were one of the three most important people in this community to me, who taught me how to play, who I spent hours with as you taught me Security and who showed me how this game can be so fun. You were always a pleasure to play with and I would always get happy to see you play HoS while I thought I'd be by myself or when I was a HoS and you'd join as a Normal Officer. I'll never forget you and the experiences I've had with you in this silly game will stay with me for life.

I'm really gonna miss you, Good Luck man.
(01-07-2018, 09:44 PM)Technature Wrote: I think ever since the fluids update, my computer has started having problems running the goonstation server on my side.  I've been trying really hard to ignore it, but it's gotten frustrating to play, and I don't think I'm okay with restarting mid round constantly anymore.  I may pop in every once in a while, but til I replace my computer, I probably won't be doing much beyond maybe low-pop rounds.

Damn shame too.

Also, I've gotten a decent number of PS4 games lately, including the Odin Sphere remake, which has been sucking up literal days of my time.

Good news.
My old shitty computer has been replaced.
I now have a new shitty computer.
I'm gonna try a few rounds with low pop and see what happens before doing larger ones, but I think that everything should be good now.
This thread is the easiest way to help you forget your diet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depression
Okay bye
(12-08-2017, 05:12 PM)OMJ Wrote: this is so sick of you to do, thank you!
i'll take orwell smile

oh weird i'm not a mentor on the forums

(02-06-2018, 07:05 PM)Tom Clancys Gay Ghost Wrote: Okay bye
be easy

how rthe fuck did i quote a post months old

(01-22-2018, 09:22 AM)Sundance Wrote: Ay. I probably should post here because I haven't been active and I don't intend in playing again nor do I intend in posting again.

SS13 was very much like a drug to me. But I was addicted to idea of what goon could become, rather than what it currently is. This manifested in 2199 posts over the course of a few years. That's pretty gross!
I kept seeing the same posts in Suggestion's over and over, many of them similar to my own I made back in 2015-2016 and I realized that nothings changed, I'm not helping in any way by suggesting these things, that this is a textbook definition of madness. I also lost all motivation to sprite.

One of the major factors at me drifting away was I felt the community was a bit rudderless, which I've explained before. I suppose I felt this way since cogwerks stopped existing at the helm too. I actively searched for a new server to settle down, went to /tg/ and while I felt they did really right feature-wise, the community wasn't the same. So I stopped playing altogether.

So yeah. I'll pop in every once and a while, but my SS13 days are ogre. All the best <3

you've done an enormous amount for us and you've directly created an unidentifiable yet massive amount of joy to everyone who plays. thank you for everything. i hope we'll make more memories some day.
Never thought i'd be posting here, always get sad when I see the title yellow. I've recently realized that I've been buying a fuck load of games (Subnautica, LA Noire, Red Dead, Oblivion (Though I've played a few hundred I'm not very far in), Just Cause 3, etc.) and only playing them for a couple hours before never touching them again, despite liking them a lot and wanting to play them. I've decided that for the next month or so I'll be binging on these games till I beat each and every one of them, cutting out any multiplayer games as much as possible, only dipping my feet in to get a feel for it before moving on, including Space Station 13. Ill likely play a round here and there and I'll still be VERY active on the forums but for the next while I'll try and keep away so I can beat my other games first.

P.S. If you see me in round I want you to give me shit for it, I may be a TAD addicted to it and should probably keep away for a bit (Too much awesome)

TL;DR: I got a backlog of single player games to beat, I won't be playing much other than if both my Xbox's aren't working, though you'll still have to put up with my BS on the forums

https://imgur.com/Z8v4NPI
Enjoy your games man. I recommend the GOTY version of Red Dead as it comes with Hardcore mode which is super fun.

Oh and a fun way to play Oblivion is by doing a kung-fu wizard build with hand to hand with any/all of the magic schools but the touch destruction spells makes you a elemental Kung-fu master.
It's been going well so far but I may need to extend my absence due to my games being deeper than I previously thought they'd be

Also I picked a bad day to decide this, why do I keep missing out on Ass day? My last one was all the way back in October where someone managed to trigger sol and I tried to lead a root revolution but failed because Drones can't hold guns (Did manage to space a few guys with a teleporter remote tho)
Agh. I never got a console to run Red Dead. Probably the only game I'm sad I missed out on.

With Oblivion I liked to set a character and RP it. I played the shit out of Morrowind to the point where I was bored being the master of everything time after time. Doing that drastically lowered my completion-obsession and allowed me to have more fun. Mods aside. Pretty much always went through shivering isles though. Loved that place.

Speaking of obsession, looks like I've racked up over 100 hours on Elona+C again. Why the hell is this stupid game so addictive for me? I'm hoping most of that is back-run time.
Update: My Xbox 1 remote broke (cat knocked it off the dresser at 2 in the morning) so I've been re watching Leet world (Fucking awesome, like Red vs Blue but doesn't run it'self into the ground and keeps the jokes fresh) and I'll be back on Goon tomorrow.
After seeing the improvements to security on Cog1 I opted to play as Sec, got selected and had a very salty round, ending in suicide as a fellow officer stunned and cuffed me. He was right to do so, although I would have preferred to have talked it out with the Admins.

In light of my rather poor response to a bad experience, I am going to be taking a break from playing.
Alright everybody I'm officially back from my two year hiatus as of two months ago this is the place where I post about that right?
Welcome back Readster, I started playing while you were gone and you seem like a pretty cool dude to have return! smile