Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Lie about leaving this game's community in here
I might play less because I'm going through a server hopping phase and I'm addicted to stellaris.
Well I mean I've left the game, more or less, but not the community. I'll probably be bothering you fucks until the server dies, or I die one.
My backup PC died last Tuesday and I won't be able to get a replacement till next week hopefully. If I can't get one by then I do plan to return at some point. Hope you all stay safe and happy.
i forgot this thread existed. due to shittier and shittier internet, ill be unable to goon for the foreseeable future. might be able to pop on every now and then during good internet days, but unlikely
I'm mostly gone in game due to private(ish) matters, but I never seem to leave a game's forums.

Well, aside from when I got banned that once for being an emotionally unstable bitch. Burnin' bridges feels good for about a week, keedz.
I'm just a ghost that exists in the Discord now, hi
hi I died and came back and went away
not ded btw. just playing political simulations over at cmhoc on reddit. Keep popping in as I find goonstation extremely useful in providing tips on how to run a good mod team.
Dear lord. That reminds me of the nerdiest side of nationstates.

quick edit: okay it gets weirder there than I remember.
ive been expanding my hobbies to include amateur carpentry using pallet wood and knitting. it has been refreshing and pleasant, good pastimes, satisfying to see something physical and useful come together by your will and effort. havent been on much lately, either here or on silly colonial marines, which also divided my attention from here. but someday ill return, im sure. take care my friends.
I think ever since the fluids update, my computer has started having problems running the goonstation server on my side. I've been trying really hard to ignore it, but it's gotten frustrating to play, and I don't think I'm okay with restarting mid round constantly anymore. I may pop in every once in a while, but til I replace my computer, I probably won't be doing much beyond maybe low-pop rounds.

Damn shame too.

Also, I've gotten a decent number of PS4 games lately, including the Odin Sphere remake, which has been sucking up literal days of my time.
I am perma-banned and have no intention of appealing nor do I think it would be successful, this server's mindset and mine have clashed but I don't regret the fun stuff.
Ay. I probably should post here because I haven't been active and I don't intend in playing again nor do I intend in posting again.

SS13 was very much like a drug to me. But I was addicted to idea of what goon could become, rather than what it currently is. This manifested in 2199 posts over the course of a few years. That's pretty gross!
I kept seeing the same posts in Suggestion's over and over, many of them similar to my own I made back in 2015-2016 and I realized that nothings changed, I'm not helping in any way by suggesting these things, that this is a textbook definition of madness. I also lost all motivation to sprite.

One of the major factors at me drifting away was I felt the community was a bit rudderless, which I've explained before. I suppose I felt this way since cogwerks stopped existing at the helm too. I actively searched for a new server to settle down, went to /tg/ and while I felt they did really right feature-wise, the community wasn't the same. So I stopped playing altogether.

So yeah. I'll pop in every once and a while, but my SS13 days are ogre. All the best <3
(01-22-2018, 09:22 AM)Sundance Wrote: Ay. I probably should post here because I haven't been active and I don't intend in playing again nor do I intend in posting again.

SS13 was very much like a drug to me. But I was addicted to idea of what goon could become, rather than what it currently is. This manifested in 2199 posts over the course of a few years. That's pretty gross!
I kept seeing the same posts in Suggestion's over and over, many of them similar to my own I made back in 2015-2016 and I realized that nothings changed, I'm not helping in any way by suggesting these things, that this is a textbook definition of madness. I also lost all motivation to sprite.

One of the major factors at me drifting away was I felt the community was a bit rudderless, which I've explained before. I suppose I felt this way since cogwerks stopped existing at the helm too. I actively searched for a new server to settle down, went to /tg/ and while I felt they did really right feature-wise, the community wasn't the same. So I stopped playing altogether.

So yeah. I'll pop in every once and a while, but my SS13 days are ogre. All the best <3

Dang frown
Sucks to see you go, dude
Maybe we'll see you again in a year or so if changes do get made...
(01-22-2018, 09:22 AM)Sundance Wrote: Ay. I probably should post here because I haven't been active and I don't intend in playing again nor do I intend in posting again.

Woo doggy. If that sentiment ain't been ringing a bit true for myself these days

Don't know if I'm going anywhere anytime soon since I don't think of it as an addiction, more of a hobby for idle time on work breaks.

For what it's worth, Sundance, you've always had some of the best thought out and well articulated ideas as well as tasteful sprites. I think you've contributed more than you're giving yourself credit for. Good Luck in whatever and wherever you end up