Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voting Dock
This is a wall mounted lightweight computer that serves a purpose for voting.
They should be placed in areas of large footfall, such as the bar and med-bay waiting room, but also escape, outside the bridge and outside security.
[Image: w6Jv9qS.gif]
The voting "topic" can be made at the bridge. Preferably it could be made at the announcement computer, as you could announce when the vote is taking place.
The system of voting for starting should be very simple. Essentially you choose what the inane crew-members will be voting on, set a time till voting closes and it will be broadcasted on these wall-mounted devices. For ease of implementation and perhaps ease of use, start with just a y/n way of voting.
Each crew-member has only one vote, and it requires your card to be swiped on the machine. You don't have to logout after you set your vote, so crewmembers could just swipe vote and go, so there's no queuing or shenanigans of people stealing others ID's. One notable about this is that you could sway a vote in your favor if you have more than one ID. This is intentional. Heh.

What kind of y/n answers require voting upon? Plenty
Trials that seldom take place could now have people voting on machines. Execute Traitor McScrub or not?
Vote on whether the shuttle needs to be called?
Whether to kill the rogue ai or save it?
Whether we need a new captain or not?
DEMOCRACY :911:
Woops forgot the frames
[Image: OT2mkiH.png]
[Image: 20qVIef.png]
[Image: 1vvHyBU.png]
[Image: 6IkhONT.png]
[Image: 1lai6Vn.png]
Huh, this is actually a pretty awesome idea. Although I question how many people would vote - And, what about Spare IDs? Could the HoP just swipe all of their spare IDs to win any vote?
Stryxic Wrote:Huh, this is actually a pretty awesome idea. Although I question how many people would vote - And, what about Spare IDs? Could the HoP just swipe all of their spare IDs to win any vote?
RIP democracy
Swiping multiple ID's and being corrupt is perfect shit HoP RP

I love this idea actually. I can see it only leading to fun in game.
I love the idea. Sprite is nice too.

I'm not sure about the multiple IDs bit, though. This could easily make it so that there is no point in voting against someone with access to the ID Comp. I'm more for one vote per bank account (pin required) or biometrics. Both make things a slight bit more complicated, but I think the process would be more stable for it.

Although I'd like to have the ability to be Florida in the future, I rather like the simplicity that's going on. The less screws the better right now.
I say just have it so ATM's can double as voting booths, since they already have a system of authenticating an ID and are pretty publicly available. All for this idea.
Stryxic Wrote:Huh, this is actually a pretty awesome idea. Although I question how many people would vote - And, what about Spare IDs? Could the HoP just swipe all of their spare IDs to win any vote?

The dead can vote too, and looting IDs and gear is a time-honoured pastime.

Space Station Chicago.
Wow. This has a potential for some goofy in-game bullshit. The announcement computer has been fun since it was implemented and I haven't seen THAT abused ever.

Please add this, admins. We can vote to impeach the captain! Yaaaaay :downs:
EMAG the vote; get all the votes! Or none of them.
Frank_Stein Wrote:I say just have it so ATM's can double as voting booths, since they already have a system of authenticating an ID and are pretty publicly available. All for this idea.

Or have to insert your pin to vote, that'd make sure no one could vote twice.
If we could get a I voted sticker out of the machine, and stick them on other people and mostly the clown, that would be great.

I want to make the clown look like they committed voter fraud.
This is a phenomenal idea and those sprites look great! I'm always up for ways for players to write in some stupid stuff at the station's expense. The sticker idea is great too.

One thing I would suggest:perhaps enough Heads could 'veto' a vote? That could get rid of some of the less-savory suggestions and also preserve the oppressive atmosphere of Nanotrasen. Also causing angry and cheated voters to take up torches and pitchforks sounds pretty great.
If a handscan system is used for voting please let severed arms count as voters.
maxiumattack Wrote:If a handscan system is used for voting please let severed arms count as voters.
Cut off the arms of your old corpse after being cloned for more votes!

Even better: turn a bunch of monkeys human, then turn them into you with stable mutagen, THEN cuff of their arms for even more votes!