Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Chaplain Rework Discussion/Suggestion Smackdown
Dabir Wrote:There are real brands, the clown's ID is a Chips Ahoy wrapper.
That may be true, but let's leave real religions out of the game as much as possible as a matter of good taste.
well here's my idea for a variant of the chaplain ..
It's...
The Shaman
The shaman uses totems and smokes ayahuasca herbs to travel into the dream world.
The idea of this is that you could base your religion on any in game object, person, or creature.
basically anything you can click on. but once you choose, that's it.
you have to be able to see it to choose it.
once you choose the thing your religion is to be based upon you can then use your knife to carve wooden totems(wood colored sprites) of the thing you chose.
There more totems you place around the station the more people can know the glory of your chosen religion.
you can then smoke your herbs to enter into the dream world. (There MUST be at least one totem in order for this to work)
It's essentially a psychedelic natural version of VR.
anybody who smokes the ayahuasca herb can enter this realm.(it wouldn't be abused because you have to lie down and sleep on a bed in order for it to work)
ghosts can visit this world too and appear as spirit versions of the thing you chose.
Anything they say is randomized nonsense based around the thing you chose too.

So here's some examples of what you'd see:
"Shaman of Lightly fried loofah"
"Shaman of reinforced wall"
"Shaman of Officer Beepsky"
"Totem of Space"
"Totem of ill looking fellow's left eye"
"Totem of tank transfer valve"
"The spirit of rancid milk says "The prophecys of rancid milk are becometh unto the purple engineer"
"The spirit of uqill rods whispers "keep your eyes working for uqill rods will watch."
"The spirit of Space bear speaks " The world is dire and has forgotten space bear"

If you chose to be a shaman you'd receive...
  • a set of Shaman's robes (come in any color you desire)
  • A Magical Shaman's knife & 5 planks of wood(ask botany for more wood)
  • a bag of ayahuasca herb and seeds(botany has to get them from you if they want them)
  • a pipe - you can stuff any herbs in here.(might want to trade botany some weed for those precious seeds you have)
  • a drum(which you can play and probably get beaten up for playing)

I think this idea would work well as it plays very well into the emergent gameplay side of ss13
Frank_Stein Wrote:
That may be true, but let's leave real religions out of the game as much as possible as a matter of good taste.
I agree with this, even the bible should be changed imo. Not just to be sensitive about irl religious stuff but also to make it compatible with other costumes - why would an Adeptus Mechanicus be running around with a bible?

Change it to the "Book of Truth" or something generic that could be used for any religion
I'd rather have extra religious texts that are reskins of the bible.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:I'd rather have extra religious texts that are reskins of the bible.

Or the option to right click on a bible and reskin it.
Right-click -> Flip dust jacket.

You flip the bible's dust jacket, revealing the Koran on the other side.

You flip the Koran's dust jacket, revealing the Guru Granth Sahib on the other side.

et cetera
Dabir Wrote:Right-click -> Flip dust jacket.

You flip the bible's dust jacket, revealing the Koran on the other side.

You flip the Koran's dust jacket, revealing the Guru Granth Sahib on the other side.

et cetera
Nice
Frank_Stein Wrote:
isnt that a reference to an old player who used to play clown a lot? his in game name was Chips Ahoy iirc.
LinkDaWolf Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:
isnt that a reference to an old player who used to play clown a lot? his in game name was Chips Ahoy iirc.
Pretty sure this is the thing.
the chaplain should be able to steal a wizard spells

for example

say a wizard is trying to cast a nasty spell on you, the chaplain

you could run up to him and bop him on the head with your bible and then later find him and bop him on the head again after the spell finishes charging to unleash it

afterwards the spell goes back to the wizard and your bible burns up
Chaplain needs some new toys, like an acoustic guitar and maybe a party button for evangelical sunday morning rock concerts.
Six months of brainstorming and still nothing. oh sigh
APARTHEID Wrote:Six months of brainstorming and still nothing. oh sigh
:france:
Sorry dudes, grad school and a job have dramatically lowered my "coderytime fuckabout" moments, plus the ideas I had proved surprisingly annoying to code. I have been poking my head in here to gauge thoughts, but I just havent had the oomph to knuckle down and finish the project.
(09-15-2015, 10:35 PM)salix_catus Wrote: The Shaman

That's it, I'm worshiping the obsidian crown.